The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Optimal Setup for stamplar

Æterny
Æterny
✭✭
I'm feeling like playing my stamplar on PvP now, but im in doubt abour what gear i should invest. Between those combos, what you guys think is the optimal setup? For monster set i will always go with troll king

Optimal Setup for stamplar 41 votes

Bone Pirate body + Ravager
29%
BoaNoiteiCelticOwnUcoj901Brutusmax1musLordLomaxlaissezfaireLichbourne90mav1234LuminideÆternyDiddly_D_Potatoescolossalvoids 12 votes
Bone Pirate body + Automaton
17%
Solarikenkollege14a5AlucuMalcolM24Reaver-StormhamreExodiumWildRaptorX 7 votes
Automaton Body + Ravager
4%
TimeDazzlerTheStankTank 2 votes
Other (i'm open to suggestions)
48%
kickback120ub17_ESOmertustatechnohicRhaegar75ReverbCatchMeTrollingGhettokidDracan_FontomVapirkoAki-Ralpaallterrain148CheckmathATomiX96RighteousBaconNuarBlackll_Revrumple9MaxJrFTWTrancestorSubversusReformed 20 votes
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use 2 Slimecraw, 5 Ravager, 5 Hundings (5 medium, 1 light, 1 heavy). Jewelries are Ravager, I use robust; you can pick swift or infused too. All weapon damage enchants, dual wield dagger on main, 2h maul back bar. And using lover mundus (penetration).
    It is a bit squishy but hits like a truck. The reason why I use hunding is I'm too lazy to farm automaton or any other drop sets. With major savagery of jabs I have %68 weapon crit which is quite efficient for both heals and damage.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest nothing is optimal on stamplar without the inclusion of major expedition. Well at least for high level play.
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    To be honest nothing is optimal on stamplar without the inclusion of major expedition. Well at least for high level play.

I am a Speed pot Lover, i have it on all the time =D
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really digging hulking + ravager + bloodspawn with lady mundus in 5 medium 2 heavy. All damage jewelry glyphs with robust trait. Running a mirnhoned sword and sharp mace. With CP I get almost 8k penetration, 4K wpn damage with ravager, 38k Stam and 24k health. On defending back bar and buffed I’ve got like 27k resists without bloodspwn. It’s solid. Tbh if I wasn’t playing with 270-300ping I’d probably knock it up a notch and go with warrior mundus, but as is I need the extra defense padding for when things don’t go as planned.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Æterny wrote: »

Keep in mind they only last 10-15 secs. If you can find a good source of expedition any of those builds would work. Personally, I can’t run stamplar without it. Move around way too much for that.

• Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravager/Veiled/Automaton frontbar and master axes backbar, i'd go with veiled probably. Cowards gear on body or Masters Bow backbar because stamplar without major exp kinda sucks, higher resistances are needed too this patch so 3 protective jewlery and BS or 1pc chudan 1pc pirate for monster helm.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hulking + Ravager. BP is no longer the go to set for stamplars, the stam recovery from the new rune makes BP redundant.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭

Æterny wrote: »

Keep in mind they only last 10-15 secs. If you can find a good source of expedition any of those builds would work. Personally, I can’t run stamplar without it. Move around way too much for that.

Yeah, i haven't done PvP with stamclasses lately, noticed that duration nerf now... feels bad
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and impreg, unless OP assumes bloodspawn will be worn.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run ravager, Cyrodiil ward, Bloodspawn. Like to get someone on the defensive and make it hard to flip. I've thought about seeing if Thervokun would be decent to debuff but dont want to go farm it.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodills ward and ravager
  • iCelticOwnU
    iCelticOwnU
    ✭✭
    I have tried it multiple set ups as you have listed as well as some non-meta niche sets.
    my best set up has been

Two Fanged Snake + Bone Pirate + Slimecraw. Warrior Mundus. 2 health glyhps on large infused pieces, to get around 25K health. 5-1-1 set up. awesome damage and sustain, with 25k health its ok to be squishy.

alot of burst damage with dual wield / 2h.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

and impreg, unless OP assumes bloodspawn will be worn.

The average stamplar usually runs that or troll king.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we have plenty magplar threads, how bout we make this a stamplar theory thread?

Medium or heavy? Shuffle or forward momentum? I'm torn as I like the AOE survivability of shuffle on medium and having rally for a burst heal, but I also like reducing buffs I have to keep up so condensing down to FM and heavy can consolidate.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swap between combinations of Fury/Ravager and 7th with TK in CP. Nirn mace and infused axe. But I have been interested in hearing new ideas. I'm most comfortable in heavy and personally don't feel like BP is necessary. I like the idea of Cyro's Ward and am collecting Draugr ,but I'm curious to how what other stamplars feel about master's dw--but, more specifically, what backbar sets are used besides, say, Clever, Alch, or if say a Maelstrom 2h is practical.

Do the majority of stamplars forgo master dw in favor of 2 5pc sets? I came to that consensus on my own build a few months back but am not entirely convinced.

Also, what other offensive monster sets are used? I see someone mention Slimecraw which is interesting...and I have tried Balorgh, Thorvukon and Blood Spawn, but curious if there are any other ideas out there.

• blindy107
    blindy107
    ✭✭
    Loving cyro ward on multiple classes for no cp. for stamplar I pair it with backbar steadfast hero.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still in Hulking, Ravager, Selene’s. I gave Bone Pirate a try, but my stamplar doesn’t suffer from sustain issues enough need it.
    Edited by Reverb on December 24, 2018 11:41PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably depends on what content you are talking about. In no cp spriggans is a very hard set to dismiss. As well as I at least do not get the same results in medium armor as I do in heavy. So I usually run ravager body with spriggans or cyro ward weapons and jewelry. Ravager + spriggans melts people as fast or faster than a proc build in BGs. Does have sustain issues though.

Then heavy + troll king is hard to beat for survival.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what food do you use when you are not using bone pirate?
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im running 5H2M with 5 ravager on the body, and spriggan front bar with nirnhoned 2h maul. Backbar a perfected Blackrose DW and Troll King as monster set. I find this gives me a well balanced build with very good survivability and surprisingly good damage in heavy armor, without using bleeds. Im using dizzy swing and jabs and go for burst combo's to take out targets. With the rune and about 1600 recovery + infused absorb stam enchant and redguard I have no problems sustaining.
    Edited by Koensol on December 25, 2018 11:18PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you think about the following 3 sets: Morkuldin, twin sisters or Eternal Hunt?I wonder if any of you has tried them
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton Body + Ravager
    Bone pirate on a patch where stamplars get 400 free regen lul
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Bone pirate on a patch where stamplars get 400 free regen lul

As long as they get about 4K weapon damage it really doesn’t matter. Which they should.

• paallterrain148
    Right now I'm in pirate skelly, bone pirate, cryo ward, and master DW backbar as an argonian for solo play. 3.9k wd with just rally and about 1.8k unbuffed recovery. This puts me in a position to run lingering Heath pots and still sustain in a 1vX.

The loss of 100% uptime on major expedition and 8/8 damage mitigation and healing has really hit my playstyle hard. I'm still toying around but this has yielded the best results for me so far in medium.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ master dual wield has been top for a long time and probably even more important now with how evasion is mitigating jabs. I finally surrendered to supplement my damage with bleeds and will go grind for master axes if I dont see much change next test server cycle
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I run ravager, Cyrodiil ward, Bloodspawn. Like to get someone on the defensive and make it hard to flip. I've thought about seeing if Thervokun would be decent to debuff but dont want to go farm it.
    blindy107 wrote: »
    Loving cyro ward on multiple classes for no cp. for stamplar I pair it with backbar steadfast hero.

for no cp with ravager and cyro ward, wont your max stam be very low?
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no comment. Made a post that was wrong but I'm half asleep so don't blame me.
    Edited by IAVITNI on December 31, 2018 6:01AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoaNoite wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    blindy107 wrote: »

for no cp with ravager and cyro ward, wont your max stam be very low?

Im at 32 K with all armor glyphed stam and I run 25k health. CP enabled. Not sure what it would look like in no CP. I focused more on weapon damage than stam as our passives boost that. Vigor scales with the weapon damage but POTL relies on stam but I still have its tooltip over 20k and Vigor about 14 K without ravager ravager proced.
  • paallterrain148
    As long as they get about 4K weapon damage it really doesn’t matter. Which they should.

Anyone have any idea when WD reached it soft cap? I've herd 4500?

For instance, if I'm running warrior and rolling at 4900 wd, would I beneft from switching to say the theif, or lover?
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea when WD reached it soft cap? I've herd 4500?

For instance, if I'm running warrior and rolling at 4900 wd, would I beneft from switching to say the theif, or lover?

There are no caps on WD. I think his point was that you want to aim for at least 4k WD to be able to burst most targets and have strong heals. I'm at around 5k and even then it doesn't feel enough sometimes.

PS - I would vote other as I don't feel any of the proposed setups would be optimal..at least for my style of play.
    Edited by montiferus on December 31, 2018 9:20PM