The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

You cannot ______ while in combat

Reverb
Reverb
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been brought up a lot on these forums, and somehow still not enough to express our outrage. Devs, the blame falls squarely on you. You made it so we can't swap skills or quickslots while in combat, and also removed the ability to not be in combat. The only sure fix is to log out. Is that really what you want your player base to be doing?

And the only way to be in cyrodiil and not have this problem is to only fight npcs and never real players. Further incentivizing pvdoor and degrading the PvP experience.

I've never used such base language towards the devs here, but the only thing left to say is "fix your s***!"
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot ______ while in combat:

- Go get beer/whiskey/Jägermeister/Kümmerling
    - Go to take a pee break
    - Make some sandwiches
    - Pretend to be at work
    - Text your girlfriend
    - Try to take the kettle off the stove to make some coffee

All of the above was tested and verified by myself ...
    w00t.gif

Edited by SirAndy on December 21, 2018 5:56AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just leave this here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5634077/#Comment_5634077

Scroll down from there for more.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5634077/#Comment_5634077

And I posted right below Gina's comment that I have zero confidence they'll suddenly figure this out. That remains true. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd bet I'm not.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

And I posted right below Gina's comment that I have zero confidence they'll suddenly figure this out. That remains true. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd bet I'm not.

I do not have a lot of confidence either but several new threads a day is not going to change that. Especially when the threads offer noting unique. Now, if Zos had not commented on the subject, yea, a thousand threads a day.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it'll be fixed just in time for the next patch - when something else will then get broken...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but game bugs cannot be fixed whilst in combat
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do not have a lot of confidence either but several new threads a day is not going to change that. Especially when the threads offer noting unique. Now, if Zos had not commented on the subject, yea, a thousand threads a day.

Devs should reply to thread regarding the Alliance war in the Alliance war section. Until that happens, people will keep posting new threads over and over and over as long as it takes to get devs to pay attention to the pvp community and communicate with us as much as they should.

It is pathetic that 5 years in, the only staff members relaying information and posting about none TOS violations are Gina and Jessica. ZOS has to wake up and hire more people to get involved with the community and move forward.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 21, 2018 1:13PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot open the crown store while in combat.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would get them to fix it fast
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol good one. This issue would have their undivided attention.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why they can't let us mount in combat. Give it a small cast-time that interrupts on damage while in combat and have mounting cancel any damaging abilities you might have going so it wont be abused with ults and proxy.

" I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us back the ability to swap skills, quick slots in combat, I don’t really care if people are swapping out entire sets. The alternative is way more annoying.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that was a *** terrible change. trying to defend a keep from a group of 20 while you have a group of 5 is hard enough as is, when you can't swap skills or put counter siege on in your quick slot it's unnecessarily harder. that change needs to go.
    Invictus
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been brought up a lot on these forums, and somehow still not enough to express our outrage. Devs, the blame falls squarely on you. You made it so we can't swap skills or quickslots while in combat, and also removed the ability to not be in combat. The only sure fix is to log out. Is that really what you want your player base to be doing?

And the only way to be in cyrodiil and not have this problem is to only fight npcs and never real players. Further incentivizing pvdoor and degrading the PvP experience.

I've never used such base language towards the devs here, but the only thing left to say is "fix your s***!"

Easy fix:
    1- Slot Equilibrium and use it until you get a 10% health
    2- Jump off a cliff
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't work all the time anymore but opening the crown store menu and waiting until the character sheathes their weapon will magically end combat.

If it doesn't work the first time, bar swap and try again. It can take anywhere from 4 seconds to near 30 to trigger, still faster than waiting organically for combat to "end".
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

- Go to take a pee break
    - Make some sandwiches
    - Pretend to be at work
    - Text your girlfriend

w00t.gif

@SirAndy I disagree with the bolded statement. I absolutely can pour a glass of wine from my beside-desk wine fridge while healing folks.
    Edited by MissBizz on January 3, 2019 4:30PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    - Go to take a pee break
    - Make some sandwiches
    - Pretend to be at work
    - Text your girlfriend
    w00t.gif
    @SirAndy I disagree with the bolded statement. I absolutely can pour a glass of wine from my beside-desk wine fridge while healing folks.
    @MissBizz
    That's what someone smart would do!

I on the other hand put my mini fridge and bar at the opposite end of the house.
    slap.gif