Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Cardi, you are a genius and a sweetheart and a one-man housing miracle. o:) Can’t begin to tell you how massively appreciated you are, by your DDA guildies and the ESO housing community at large. Love you! <3<3<3
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    finally found something to do with the psycho house :)

pa3nn4k9d9tj.png
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it would be possible for ZOS to pay you for this addon and future updates and then integrate it into their housing editor instead of it being an addon. Then there won't be issues with having to change it for game updates so it keeps working, and also that way everyone can see the effects without having to have the addon or be grouped. Seems a sensible thing for them to offer to you IMO because this editor is amazing and housing is so popular.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it would be possible for ZOS to pay you for this addon and future updates and then integrate it into their housing editor instead of it being an addon. Then there won't be issues with having to change it for game updates so it keeps working, and also that way everyone can see the effects without having to have the addon or be grouped. Seems a sensible thing for them to offer to you IMO because this editor is amazing and housing is so popular.

zos doesn't even build in a minimap, doubt it will happen.

what amazes me that every single post gets read by them, but that none of the zos team even has the decency to reply this.

and as a reward they should at least give him all houses in game so he can test properly because so far he makes 115k players who are housing happy and keep less stress on zos to implement stuff
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Hey R_K, an off the wall idea. ZOS doesn't seem to be taking the "subtle" hint that some of us want NPC guards and cooks and such.

Could you create some simulated NPCs by your method? I just want a few guards to see on the ramparts, I don't expect to talk to them. Any chance?
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on December 26, 2018 7:37PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    for @R_K posted it separate on forum also, 2 more coming

https://youtu.be/oC7IpbR0ilo
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    last one for @R_K :)

will be in 4k soon, takes a sec for youtube to convert, huge thanks to Pabston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnuEHQtuoZM&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @immozz01 amazing houses, thank you for sharing
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    always great that this addon has evolved from a simple addon to make housing more barrable to being an addon even adding effects.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Here is the newest sky, making a pond with the water effects and overlapping the paintings onto actual in game painting frames for custom paintings. Also newly added stain glass window.

usg8y1oni4it.jpeg
    35if2c122pe7.jpeg
    4ayrnfdzzcak.jpeg

@Krainor1974 In case I haven't said it yet -- your use of the Effects is quite clever. In particular, I really, really like the retaining pond in your Domus Phrasticus home. I'm impressed at how perfectly you were able to fit the Water effects into a non-rectangular shape like that! Also, I love the Picture-in-Picture concept, so to speak as well as that beautiful sky! And the window -- fits perfectly right there and looks great too!

Thank you so much for sharing these photos with us -- I hope they help to motivate even more people to build out-of-the-box stuff with these effects. <3<3

Everyday I find new effects added and have to go back and tweak over 20 homes , lol.
    All my paintings are now custom, most homes have water, snow etc.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tg8s5rc9izij.jpeg
    79qddfhofmu9.png
    eoprmkclq0f3.png
    gq89tyr6q6yp.png
    f353y0hfmg98.png
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5020507/uploads/editor/v4/cv13696rrtgu.png[/ima] The last pic is a secret area ( mournmoth keep ) which is at the bottom of a well at Linchal, lol[/img]
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Linchal
    55qyrj6y46dj.png
    vcm4g4t1rvoo.png
    kxwjrevtmxhr.png
    1qgjz6kom72x.png
    0dtljayucdkr.png
    g1shai3bf9fn.png
    hao4d936poya.png
    y2vmz85kcvaa.png
    4paz3eieawhu.png
    o5bzgpfe2svo.png
    7n8z63mu6o2n.png
    tw3c0b4jssdg.png
    ctj9d9fvr0yb.png

Edited by Krainor1974 on December 28, 2018 5:37PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    for @R_K posted it separate on forum also, 2 more coming

https://youtu.be/oC7IpbR0ilo

I just saw this one now -- and I am about to watch the rest; but I had to comment first...

Are you kidding me? This is an example of what [in my opinion] this game's "end game" is about. This is it. Housing - and housing like this. You guys continually blow me away with your creativity. And I am continually moved by how many of you have invested the time to learn EHT to help bring those amazing ideas to life even more.

Thank you so much for sharing this @immozz01 and for creating something so interesting and beautiful. <3
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    hope you watched it till the very end of the video's :P
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    always great that this addon has evolved from a simple addon to make housing more barrable to being an addon even adding effects.

<3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last one for @R_K :)

will be in 4k soon, takes a sec for youtube to convert, huge thanks to Pabston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnuEHQtuoZM&amp;feature=youtu.be

@immozz01 I finished your other videos last night but didn't have a chance to just say again:

On. Point.

So, so on point. All three of these builds are amazing (please, for the love of god, re-post them in a separate thread as well to make sure that everyone sees them) and the production value of the recordings was equally top-notch. ...and, as [awesome] icing on that cake, your balanced use of EHT's FX and animations complemented the builds perfectly (and demonstrated an extremely thorough knowledge of the add-on's different capabilities).

So I guess what I am saying is...

More, please. <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elvici wrote: »
    Cardi, you are a genius and a sweetheart and a one-man housing miracle. o:) Can’t begin to tell you how massively appreciated you are, by your DDA guildies and the ESO housing community at large. Love you! <3<3<3

@elvici Thank you so much El - that means so much to me that, well... it does, let's just say that. <3 Words are hard. Blergh.
    So TL;DR: I love all of you guys so much! <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wildberryjack Thank you for saying that <3 I really appreciate it. I actually submitted a resume to them but I haven't heard back yet. Granted, I submitted it right at the moment when everyone was likely headed off for vacations. I would love the opportunity to realize these features [and the many more that would be possible] from within the dev team though, so we'll see... ;-)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyday I find new effects added and have to go back and tweak over 20 homes , lol.
    All my paintings are now custom, most homes have water, snow etc.

I am so glad that you are making use of these effects -- it looks great and I particularly love the wood floors and marble that is now throughout your homes. I was searching and searching for nice textures, so I am glad to see it's paying off! Thank you again for sharing the new photos! <3
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K !!! pff you maniac, you changed water? looks better, bot now its not transparent??

speaking off, do you have an infopage, or more easier, If you apply a change post it in 1 sentence what you added or changed?

I know you are on turbo but 2 new versions a day sometimes and today took me 20 minutes to figure out you added a pet and flowers and after half an hour that you destroyed my riverdam design by changing the water :)

add some info plz and sometimes read your mails in between :)
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    btw I did post the 3 videos separate on he forum in 3 posts, but no one ever sees them it seems :pensive:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/450830/bouldertree-done-different#latest

for example
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Hey R_K, your pet rabbit is what I was talking about. Now just put in a guard figure (Back I guess) and we could place it on the walls like your rabbit in this screenshot from Strident Springs tower:

wwl0jr.jpg

Or give the guard a back, left side, right side and front like this box I threw together on PTS (he could be in full plate with pot helm):

2rca6uc.jpg
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on December 29, 2018 6:03PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works great hope maybe there’s more in future maybe even vamps and other npcs
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 29, 2018 5:18PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    cardi, you changed funnel cloud completely? great job, but can you keep the old one also available? used it in a house, looked brilliant, but new one will look brilliant somewhere else and I had to delete the old version in the first house
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the big thing is atmospherics. My most desperate desire in housing is to be able to control the time of day. Your skies are wonderful though objects can look a little weird against the darker ones. The biggest problem is that the skies do not effect the lighting, which remains whatever time of day it is in the game. The Veil of Darkness is great for introducing a pervading sense of gloom, which is great for a couple of my properties. Alas, I cannot achieve true nighttime. Yet. I'm sure you're working on it. So... can you hurry that up? LOL

I do really LOVE that I can have snow not only in my snowglobe but in another house I designed to be snowy as well. Thank you so much for all you do!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@immozz01 Can you tell us if you have done these houses in the regular in-game world or just on PTS? I would think your Gronir Estate must have been fabulously (and,to me, prohibitively!) expensive with all the Murkmire objects. If you DID do it in the regular game world can you give details, especially approximate cost in gold, crowns and mats?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    that's not pts, just ingame done. I don't think there are crownstore items in it, if there would be one then I bought it with gold. the 2 smaller ones are fairly cheap builds, nothing that special in it; million each or so. if you look at hunters; I bought furniture packs for it with gold, so more like 15M gold house
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K !!! pff you maniac, you changed water? looks better, bot now its not transparent??

speaking off, do you have an infopage, or more easier, If you apply a change post it in 1 sentence what you added or changed?

I know you are on turbo but 2 new versions a day sometimes and today took me 20 minutes to figure out you added a pet and flowers and after half an hour that you destroyed my riverdam design by changing the water :)

add some info plz and sometimes read your mails in between :)

@immozz01 Oh -- actually I am glad that you mentioned the water not being transparent. That wasn't intentional -- I will be sure to give it the transparency of the previous texture. Sorry about that. I did feel like an upgrade to the water was necessary though now that I am set up to add custom textures -- hopefully it will be a welcome change (once the transparency is restored) :wink:

Also, I update my Change Log on ESOUI with every single release:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html#changelog

I am not sure if I mentioned the water texture upgrade, but I generally do try to document every detail of every update. =)