Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OUR ESO HOUSES ARE BEING VANDALIZED....Can someone PLEASE help us?

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very sorry this happened to your friends OP. Some people don't understand how much work goes into crafting a home apparently if they think rearranging it in such a fashion is funny.

PC/NA here, just checked all my houses and permissions are fine (at least for now!)
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I am very sorry this happened to your friends OP. Some people don't understand how much work goes into crafting a home apparently if they think rearranging it in such a fashion is funny.

PC/NA here, just checked all my houses and permissions are fine (at least for now!)

Knowing a little bit about human psychology, I am afraid the person or persons responsible understand perfectly how much work they are destroying and how much grief they are causing. That is the whole point of this sick behaviour. :|
    Edited by Watchdog on December 26, 2018 6:59PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh! First thing I'm going to do tonight when I log in to ESO is check my visitor settings. They've always been set to default of none, with just one player (my spouse) having permission to visit my houses.

So, I'll keep an eye on it now to see if it ever changes to anything else. Also, I may make one of my inn rooms my primary - though they aren't empty, two of them have only minimal furnishings, so if someone messed them up, I'd more than likely just retrieve all and then leave it empty.

It's disheartening if the offending player is someone who is in your housing guild. You'd think that someone who wanted to be a part of such a guild would have more respect for other players' homes. But, perhaps they joined specifically to try and do what they've been doing. To ruin the fun of players that specifically dedicate a lot of their game time to housing.

I hope that ZOS considers this a priority to fix.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick and esay (partial) fix is to block editing when the player is offline. Can make it easier to catch and/or make it harder to do. Unlike other fixes, they could likely do this in a day.
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please investigate this issue and ban players, who are responsible for harrasing other players.
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Also pls add "last 10 housing actions journal", so we can identify such players and blacklist them.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    dazee wrote: »
    Just allow people to deny access to their house to people not on friends? would that work?

No, this is not working. The person this happened to had her house set to NO ACCESS meaning NOBODY should have been allowed to travel there. There is a glitch happening where the permissions are being changed when you log out of the game.

This no access option will only be for people not given access by other means. For example if you set no access generally but allow access to guild / specific friends they will still be able to come if they are in guild or on the accepted list. Just make sure no one is set with editing rights and it won't happen.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    very sorry, also weird that they tell you to go to the forums.. I am afraid this is giving trolls idea's..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    saved housing feature would be nice. eq2 has it for houses and guild halls. that way you can load holiday decore, revert back to changes and reload when issues like this hit.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    The person this happened to had all of her house permissions set to NO ACCESS

That sounds troublesome.. I'm double-checking my housing permissions now.

Maybe a weird question but did anyone (that you know of) have access to the breached account?

Edited by Sylianwe on January 11, 2021 7:50AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried now. Checking my houses.. we need a fix, a way to save 'builds' of our houses, and a guestbook! ZOS! Good luck finding the sickos that did this and fixing it all!!
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    I'm worried now. Checking my houses.. we need a fix, a way to save 'builds' of our houses, and a guestbook! ZOS! Good luck finding the sickos that did this and fixing it all!!

Being that you appear to be on PC, you should really download Essential Housing Tools and utilize the backup feature.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »

Being that you appear to be on PC, you should really download Essential Housing Tools and utilize the backup feature.
    I think I have it, but I don't see the feature?
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I think I have it, but I don't see the feature?

I'm not in the game right now, so I'm not sure about its accuracy, but I think it was something like selecting all the items in your house and saving the selection. @R_K may have created a video tutorial on it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit installed this addon recently and was under the impression that the house layout autosaved.

Another outstanding feature of note is that your chosen name appears as you enter. Presumably the same for friends who also have the addon? Most useful to know if you are in my tavern or temple before placing your drinks order yes!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit installed this addon recently and was under the impression that the house layout autosaved.

Another outstanding feature of note is that your chosen name appears as you enter. Presumably the same for friends who also have the addon? Most useful to know if you are in my tavern or temple before placing your drinks order yes!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Unfortunately, the incident concerns the XBOX NA server, therefore, add-ons are unavailable to the victim.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Unfortunately, the incident concerns the XBOX NA server, therefore, add-ons are unavailable to the victim.

Ah yes but later on in the thread it was confirmed as being an issue for PC users also.

So if we can use Essential Housing Tools to back up our properties then we probably should.

And for those that cannot this one hopes for a very quick fix.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, I hope the sick individual responsible for this is identified and faces some serious consequences.

He who sows wind shall harvest storm...
  • Gaterbug30
    Gaterbug30
    ✭✭
    This has happened to me repeatedly. I’d change it to limited visitor, leave and upon returning it was set back to decorater access. The only way I could get it to stop was loading the permissions from a house that was already set to limited visitor.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaterbug30 wrote: »
    This has happened to me repeatedly. I’d change it to limited visitor, leave and upon returning it was set back to decorater access. The only way I could get it to stop was loading the permissions from a house that was already set to limited visitor.
    What system and server do you play on?
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is.most disturbing. I just started letting people visit my homes and didn't anticipate a bug like this. Yes, we need a logbook. It isn't hard to code.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly hope this gets fixed soon. It's making me nervous.
  • joaoppecurto
    joaoppecurto
    ✭✭
    One of the most beautiful aspects of ESO or an MMO: housing. Such creativity I see when some random people show their houses in twitch streamers' channels.
    Many hours of creations, gold, plans or furniture farming, the personal value...
    These people must have some problem, ruining such beauty :(
    Edited by joaoppecurto on December 30, 2018 7:06PM
    PC EU: 900+ CP
    9 chars:
    Indrik Lady, Breton Magden - lvl 50 - Main and Grand Master Crafter
    + 4 chars - lvl 50 - daily writ crafters
    + 4 chars - lvl 50 - stamblade pvp, stamblade solo ww, dk tank, necro healer

On PC Since: 05/28/2018; RIP PS4 account
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most beautiful aspects of ESO or an MMO: housing. Such creativity I see when some random people show their houses in twitch streamers' channels.
    Many hours of creations, gold, plans or furniture farming, the personal value...
    These people must have some problem, ruining such beauty :(

When I was at school, the art teacher told us to make angels, out of clay, for Christmas decorations.

She showed us how to do it - it was a generic angel, standing in a conical dress - but, me being me, I of course had to do my own thing and I made an angel kneeling, praying, instead.

Anyway, once everyone had made their angel, she then broke it to the class that only the "best" angels would be fired in the kiln...

The rest would be destroyed - or returned to the clay from which they had come, I guess.

I was kind of horrified by this, even though my angel was one of the "chosen few"; despite the fact that I don't think she really appoved that I hadn't done a replica of her generic, conical angel design, lol.

It seemed so unfair that all the work that over half the class had done was going to be trashed.

Next day (or a the day after that - can't remember exactly) we came in and someone had knocked all the fired angels off the table they had been placed on.

They were all damaged - mine, for example, had had its head broken off! xD

...most of the conical ones had faired even worse.

We then received a long lecture about vandalism.

I was left wondering where the lecture on level playing fields was...?

What I'm trying to say, is that this world is a very unequal one, in so many ways; not least of which, financially.

Some of the people who had made those, supposedly, sub-par angels had tried their best to make them well and then they were destroyed.

So, it's hardly surprising if one of them then decided to destroy the "better" ones, too.

...and OK, people aren't having their houses destroyed, in ESO, if they don't reach certain standards, but they may still feel they can't really compete, in this way.

You also have the added inequality, here, of some people being able to afford Crown Store furnishings and some not.

All this division caused by inequality, inevitably, generates envy and envy can often lead to destruction.

Not only that, but (given the position of the statues) it's possible the vandal, in this case, assumed the person who made the house was a gay man, rather than a woman and there was some homophobia involved, too. :/
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 1, 2019 1:34AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a a way to save a housing state and restore to that at any point. This would fix the current problem, and allow us to try new things and give decorator permission without risk.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a a way to save a housing state and restore to that at any point. This would fix the current problem, and allow us to try new things and give decorator permission without risk.
    PC, addons? If console... sorry..
    Edited by kadochka on January 1, 2019 7:44PM

• Gaterbug30
    Gaterbug30
    ✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    What system and server do you play on?

Xbox NA

Edited by Gaterbug30 on January 3, 2019 4:48AM
  • Träumer
    Träumer
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we need a logbook. It isn't hard to code.

I do understand that this bug is absolutely crap, but a logbook wouldn't fix or prevent anything. I wonder why so many people want it. Your house can still be vandalised but at least you know who it was? Doesn't sound that great to me. I'd rather see an actual fix.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Träumer wrote: »
    Yes, we need a logbook. It isn't hard to code.

I do understand that this bug is absolutely crap, but a logbook wouldn't fix or prevent anything. I wonder why so many people want it. Your house can still be vandalised but at least you know who it was? Doesn't sound that great to me. I'd rather see an actual fix.

Identifying the individual and getting them sent to a secure cell in Oblivion would at least prevent them from doing it again no?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Träumer
    Träumer
    ✭✭✭
    No. The person could still do it on other houses. It won't fix anything. A logbook is only useful after something happened. But the bug shouldn't be happening in the first place.
    Edited by Träumer on January 3, 2019 1:15PM