The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf

• heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    bears are chill asf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbE53XUtVw0

got another way to balance werewolf...don't unlock dogs until they've killed a player...dogs come to prey on corpse.
    Edited by heavier on December 21, 2018 10:27AM
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    another werewolf idea.
    werewolf has a passive that lets you smell invisible people :) there you go, a buff.
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no logic in this place anymore, I'll see my way out.

Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edit button needs a buff...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this at 2:20 in the morning gtfo

my appraisal is stunningly accurate considering it only took less than 5 hours since reading how werewolf functions to come up with a good way to balance it.

since I've slept on it and feel better I can just lay out in more legible format:
    Werewolf has too much HP.
    It should be made to reflect half of the player's health before they transform.
    Werewolf needs to be made more crit dependent and be completely stripped of all penetration. Wolves kill by going for the throat. Wolves are a pack animal and hunt using teamwork. Even with halved HP a werewolf would still be able to find werewolf pals and destroy scrubs.

Fear is something that the game treats like a just like a stun, except a feared player will run away from the source of the fear. Breaking free from fear is an aspect of the game which doesn't make sense to me. Fear is something that is temporary, but otherwise inescapable.
    This is game breaking because if I don't have enough stamina to break fear immediately, my character will die in a matter of seconds. Fear has no counter and normally when faced with a stun and I have little stamina, I can just block it.

Through my apartment window I can here a dog going berserk, producing really high pitched barks and yelps, probably upset that I'm trying reason through the mistake that Werewolf is in ESO. It's alright mistakes when developing a videogame and this game is rampant with blatant errors in judgement. It's still enjoyable in spite of all these things and I get along fairly well.

Werewolf being fast makes really a lot of sense when they're running on all fours. However once it stands up and starts attacking I'd expect its speed to be comparable to that of any other biped.

Werewolf assuming the form and being able to revert on will goes completely against every aspect of werewolf lore. It's really silly.

Because werewolf has no counter to invisible people (another really silly aspect of this game, that people can turn fully invisible in an instant be undamageable seemingly), and wolves have a very sharp sense of smell it would make sense to me if a werewolf would be able to smell people who are invisible, and cast fear in their proximity, revealing them and fearing them. Obviously this fear would be subject to some other variable such as the direction the werewolf is facing, because sometimes you get lucky just by standing still and not being afraid, when a dogman is searching to rip your guts out.

Having my corpse my devoured by someone who's exploiting a clear imbalance that's been neglected for who knows how long is fairly disturbing and makes me not want to continue the game. I was able to endure because I refused to allow myself to read the details on stats, class capabilities and such. Now that I have read this, I feel the need to speak on how much of a pathetic joke the whole thing is.

The dog lovers feel the need to ridicule my poor sensibilities and reaction to what they've been getting away with unchecked for a long time, because they're too lost to realize that this is a meme thread.

You are being memed right now. I've played the game for a month and half and been playing competitive multiplayer for almost 15 years.

I have never designed a videogame or held a corporate position in any capacity, but I am entirely self taught.
    On what planet would a wolf mixed with man suddenly gain the strength and endurance of a grizzly bear?
    mague wrote: »
    heavier wrote: »
    dogs die easy against men with weapons.
    dogs would have a very very difficult time damaging someone in armor other than robes.

LOL, nope :)

If you want to compare with real world, then think not wolf but rather grizzly, just faster. He can rip open car doors and crush a bowling ball in his mouth. And he has claws the size your fingers :)

main-qimg-f09648b8580053fe6ef4dde45f961413.webp
    This is the furry's wet dream.
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    Go on.

What should i add?

What's funny about them?

let me sum up torugs dual wield werewolf:

dual wield double infused -> disease + oblivion enchants =

Light attack enemy and the bleed procs enchants on cooldown, disease enchant has a 20% chance to trigger major defile watch them rot and laugh at their pitiful attempts to outheal 2 damage glyph procs every 3.5 seconds (correct me if im wrong) while being 30% defiled (even funnier the harder they start stacking befoul) + other werewolf pressure.

tl;dr werewolf light attack bleed procs weapon glyphs on cooldown which isnt intended, but zos cant figure out how to fix it.
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    There is no logic in this place anymore, I'll see my way out.

>me reading https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Werewolf
    :#
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Go on.

What should i add?

What's funny about them?

Light attack enemy and the bleed procs enchants on cooldown, disease enchant has a 20% chance to trigger major defile watch them rot and laugh at their pitiful attempts to outheal 2 damage glyph procs every 3.5 seconds (correct me if im wrong) while being 30% defiled (even funnier the harder they start stacking befoul) + other werewolf pressure.

tl;dr werewolf light attack bleed procs weapon glyphs on cooldown which isnt intended, but zos cant figure out how to fix it.
    :#
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Go on.

What should i add?

What's funny about them?

Werewolf has as major defile skill would be a waste to rely on a glyph to proc the effect.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on December 21, 2018 11:24PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing torug ww. I can clear up a few things.

1. It wrecks a lot of people. However I've also fought sorcs, dks, templars, nightblades and wardens who were able to sustain and burst me down. My other set is impreg, I have almost 4500 crit resist wearing 5h/2m. Monster set changes, sometimes Selene, sometimes tk.
    2. Xv1 the ww has more trouble. There is no real burst unless you're playing against someone who is slow to break fear and can get a howl on them. No access to major evasion and mobility hampered by no snare/root removal.
    3. If you're built for ww, then you are going to be weaker not in ww. WW skills are expensive. I'm a stam sorc running 1 Magicka recovery glyph to try and be able to sustain heals.
    4. You absolutely want a disease glyph. You want claws of life, not the defile morph. Claws of life is the only thing that gives you half a chance xv1 as a wolf.

Options
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, first, heavier has gone a bit off the rails...

Second, I agree ww is OP, and it hard carries a lot of people. Case and point, I was fighting a WW in the ic, he was wearing Imp phy, which is a MASSIVE buff for ww because of the max health... he was at least a decent ww because I'd seen him kill groups of 3-4 players, and he was shredding my poor stam blade in seconds (and no, I was not a glass cannon -_-). Annoyed with him, i decided i was going to fight him ww v ww. This was maybe the 3rd time I'd used ww seriously, if that, and I shredded him, 22k health v 40k health...

Now I ask you, what's the easiest way to counter a broken OP gear set? Use it, because then you are fighting on more even terms where "skill" matters again........ (ps, I was using blood spawn, shackle breaker, and witchmans, with the masters bow, so I did not cheese him)
    Edited by Flame_of_Hades on December 22, 2018 10:33PM
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A werewolf 1v1 wins.
    A group with a werewolf wins

I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There wolf
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, first, heavier has gone a bit off the rails...

Second, I agree ww is OP, and it hard carries a lot of people. Case and point, I was fighting a WW in the ic, he was wearing Imp phy, which is a MASSIVE buff for ww because of the max health... he was at least a decent ww because I'd seen him kill groups of 3-4 players, and he was shredding my poor stam blade in seconds (and no, I was not a glass cannon -_-). Annoyed with him, i decided i was going to fight him ww v ww. This was maybe the 3rd time I'd used ww seriously, if that, and I shredded him, 22k health v 40k health...

Now I ask you, what's the easiest way to counter a broken OP gear set? Use it, because then you are fighting on more even terms where "skill" matters again........ (ps, I was using blood spawn, shackle breaker, and witchmans, with the masters bow, so I did not cheese him)

maybe they should implement centaur to counter ww

your experience is the most telling of anything ITT

you're obviously smarter than me because you have a better more consistent account of how "odd" the statistical distribution of OverPowered is in werewolf
    A werewolf 1v1 wins.
    A group with a werewolf wins

it's almost like we're stupid for not taking advantage of this while it lasts, instead we just sit around like little old ladies and make memes
    Edited by heavier on December 23, 2018 1:33AM
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    3. If you're built for ww, then you are going to be weaker not in ww
    how? you're missing one ult
    maybe dawnbreaker hits harder even when not transformed (it would sense if it did, but somehow I don't see this being implemented)
    Options
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    heavier wrote: »
    barshemm wrote: »
    3. If you're built for ww, then you are going to be weaker not in ww
    how? you're missing one ult
    maybe dawnbreaker hits harder even when not transformed (it would sense if it did, but somehow I don't see this being implemented)

Because ww is a Stam build that requires magicka sustain if you're going to survive against good players 1v1, let alone 1vX. You need to build for that which means dropping weapon damage in normal form.

You also are likely not running any ult gen, because it's all useless in wolf form so you have to build up ult to transform slowly instead of using ults offensively and defensively. You're not "missing one ult".
    Options
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure you can really make a balance decision on Werewolves while weapon enchants are still bugged. Also like 90% of this thread is total bananas nonsense.
    Options