Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Werewolf

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
The joke continous
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go on.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Go on.

What should i add?
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Go on.

What should i add?

What's funny about them?
    Caius
    PC NA
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go on.

What should i add?

What's funny about them?
    The fact that they’re all the same color? Come on now, surely there’s a way their fur could be colored based on the character’s hair color or something. Ridiculous.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Go on.

What should i add?

What's funny about them?
    The fact that they’re all the same color? Come on now, surely there’s a way their fur could be colored based on the character’s hair color or something. Ridiculous.

Black, White, Grey are different colors no?
    Caius
    PC NA
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean it could be something more than grayscale. Like on werewolf Wednesdays it’d be like “focus on the gray one that that refuses to die, ever, no not that one, I mean Caius.” I’m just saying there could be more variation, nothing crazy like blue or bright yellow but I feel there could be some uniqueness.
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess you probably have the pack leader morph though, so white?
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go on.

What should i add?

What's funny about them?

This was a mod in Skyrim... and I loved it!! So much better!! I always take the PL morph, so most of my WWs turn out white. I might do a black WW at some point.. but I want the ability to change it to my hair color.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go on.

What should i add?

Why the joke continues. It seems out of place considering the current state of WWs
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean it could be something more than grayscale. Like on werewolf Wednesdays it’d be like “focus on the gray one that that refuses to die, ever, no not that one, I mean Caius.” I’m just saying there could be more variation, nothing crazy like blue or bright yellow but I feel there could be some uniqueness.

I usually run Berserker morph. Pack leader is still too buggy at times.

A bunch of us wolves have been hoping for a little more customization. Preferably unlocked though achievements like armor dyes. Even go as far as unlocking different were-creature skins.

Caius
    PC NA
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go on.

What should i add?

What's funny about them?

Black, White, Grey are different colors no?

Like... Barely

A bunch of us wolves have been hoping for a little more customization. Preferably unlocked though achievements like armor dyes. Even go as far as unlocking different were-creature skins.

That would be so cool!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    I asked in AD zone 2 minutes ago:

what are werewolves weakness?

long story short this class is the most completely unsane gimmick I have ever uncovered in a videogame that I have dedicated any amount of time to.

my phrasing was such to stave off the creeping dread of what the response would likely be.

I had asked because whenever I fought werewolves I felt every aspect of the person was completely boosted. and so whenever in bg that I faced werewolves I would trash them in chat and ignore other players in order to kill them.

someone kindly linked me https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Werewolf a page I had long put off looking at because I wanted to ignore the ugly truth that the designers of this combat have potatoes instead of brains.

werewolf has
    >30% movement speed buff WHICH CAN ONLY BE ATTAINED OTHERWISE THROUGH COWARDS GEAR OR A POT THAT SACRIFICES THE USE OF OTHER USEFUL POTS
    >10K INCREASE IN RESISTANCES
    >increased stamina
    >major brutality
    >retention of armor and weapon stats inspite being a POOCH.
    >a 45% HP INSTANT skill that draws from the idle pool of magicka, being a tremendous advantage because of diversifying costs...
    >A GAP CLOSE THAT GIVES FEAR

DOGS DO NOT WEAR ARMOR AND THE PLAYERMODEL DOES NOT SHOW ANY ARMOR OR WEAPON EQUIPPED. YOU ARE INCOMPETENT.
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    THEY GET TWO DOGS THAT MAKE THEM HARDER TO HIT WITH SINGLE TARGET ULT
    I'VE CAST MY SOUL ASSAULT ON A DOG AT LEAST TWICE
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭

maybe after your nerf
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heavier wrote: »

-Extra damage from Poison
    -Extra damage from fighters guild
    -Vulnerability to snares and roots (no purge, shuffle, forward momentum)
    -No stealth
    -Poor AOE damage
    -Poor stealth revealing
    -Reactive healing
    -Loss of majority of class passives
    -Loss of Weapon Passives
    -Loss of guild Passives
    -Can't place siege
    -Expensive abilities
    -Longest Heavy attack melee cast time
    -single target spamible is reflectable
    -No snares
    -Fear aka Werewolf's cc is hard to land on fast moving targets
    Edited by Chrlynsch on December 21, 2018 4:37AM
    Caius
    PC NA
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭

-Extra damage from Poison
    -Extra damage from fighters guild
    -Vulnerability to snares and roots (no purge, shuffle, forward momentum)
    -No stealth
    -Poor AOE damage
    -Poor stealth revealing
    -Reactive healing
    -Loss of Weapon Passives
    -Loss of guild Passives
    -Can't place siege
    -Expensive abilities
    -Longest Heavy attack melee cast time
    -single target spamible is reflectable
    -No snares
    -Fear aka Werewolf's cc is hard to land on fast moving targets

those aren't even weaknesses those are just sh*ts they didn't give you because you're not a GM.
    "extra damage from fighter's guild" you have 10k bonus resists and that 20% goes through the 50% pvp damage reduction filter, while 10k bonus resists is completely free.
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    >from UESP
    >During the transformation, they retain buffs, passive skills from other skill lines
    -Loss of Weapon Passives
    -Loss of guild Passives

dunno who I believe
    Options
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    >from UESP
    >During the transformation, they retain buffs, passive skills from other skill lines
    -Loss of Weapon Passives
    -Loss of guild Passives

dunno who I believe

Everything in that post was accurate. You lose all weapon passives, and anything that requires having a skill slotted - which is most class and guild passives.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

long story short this class is the most completely unsane gimmick I have ever uncovered in a videogame that I have dedicated any amount of time to.

my phrasing was such to stave off the creeping dread of what the response would likely be.

I had asked because whenever I fought werewolves I felt every aspect of the person was completely boosted. and so whenever in bg that I faced werewolves I would trash them in chat and ignore other players in order to kill them.

someone kindly linked me https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Werewolf a page I had long put off looking at because I wanted to ignore the ugly truth that the designers of this combat have potatoes instead of brains.

werewolf has
    >30% movement speed buff WHICH CAN ONLY BE ATTAINED OTHERWISE THROUGH COWARDS GEAR OR A POT THAT SACRIFICES THE USE OF OTHER USEFUL POTS
    >increased stamina
    >major brutality
    >a 45% HP INSTANT skill that draws from the idle pool of magicka, being a tremendous advantage because of diversifying costs...

DOGS DO NOT WEAR ARMOR AND THE PLAYERMODEL DOES NOT SHOW ANY ARMOR OR WEAPON EQUIPPED. YOU ARE INCOMPETENT.

* The movement speed bonus acts as a way to compensate for the lack of a snare removal. And I can assure you that snares and immobilize are one of the best hard counters against a werewolf. That 30% movement speed boost is barely noticeable due to almost all skills in this game have some kind of snare attached to it.

* As a non-werewolf you´ve access to a lot more skills and skilline passives at your disposal, giving you other means of boosting your defence.

* Increased stamina pool is there due to the fact that your werewolf skills costs a fortune.

* Major brutality is probably the easiest accessible buff in the game, and anyone with a brain and knowledge about werewolf will use Hircine´s Fortitude (with a few exceptions).

* Only thing I´ll admit overperforms on werewolf is the way their heal works at the moment. Personally I felt it was more balanced back when it scaled of spell-damage and max magicka.

* The cap-closer (pounce) does not apply any fear. Roar applies a fear.

>from UESP
    -Loss of Weapon Passives
    -Loss of guild Passives

dunno who I believe

@Chrlynsch is correct. Weapon passives doesn´t carry over. Guild passives doesn´t carry over and class passive that requires you to slot a specific skill doesn't carry over.
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    Everything in that post was accurate.
    hahaha
    Edited by heavier on December 21, 2018 8:04AM
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    you're not losing anything you can't just get back once you've
    Qbiken wrote: »

werewolf has
    >increased stamina
    >major brutality

* The movement speed bonus acts as a way to compensate for the lack of a snare removal. And I can assure you that snares and immobilize are one of the best hard counters against a werewolf. That 30% movement speed boost is barely noticeable due to almost all skills in this game have some kind of snare attached to it.
    I think I'll replace sun shield with an immobilize because 30% hp is actually 15% in pvp. it procs something I forget. anyways making something slow is not a hard counter. all immobilize prevention is very short lasting and comes at a significant cost. this isn't a weakness unique to werewolves and it's somewhat countered by the passive.
    * As a non-werewolf you´ve access to a lot more skills and skilline passives at your disposal, giving you other means of boosting your defence.

* Increased stamina pool is there due to the fact that your werewolf skills costs a fortune.

* Major brutality is probably the easiest accessible buff in the game, and anyone with a brain and knowledge about werewolf will use Hircine´s Fortitude (with a few exceptions).
    major brutality is accessible through party buff? nonsensical and a mistake if you ask me
    * Only thing I´ll admit overperforms on werewolf is the way their heal works at the moment. Personally I felt it was more balanced back when it scaled of spell-damage and max magicka.

* The cap-closer (pounce) does not apply any fear. Roar applies a fear.

>from UESP
    -Loss of Weapon Passives
    -Loss of guild Passives

dunno who I believe

@Chrlynsch is correct. Weapon passives doesn´t carry over. Guild passives doesn´t carry over and class passive that requires you to slot a specific skill doesn't carry over.
    yea right

I just figured out again (this is a recurring theme in ESO I learn something and then forget it because most design decisions don't make sense) that the fighter's guild passive only applies to fighter's guild abilies...so it's a bit of a joke listing it as a weakness because the amount of utility I need to cram into 10 slots is insane and I can't slot a dps ability that only is good on werewolves really.

it's this kind of laughable defense for broken gameplay, made by the people leveraging it to their advantage that has me most baffled ITT.

dogs die easy against men with weapons.
    dogs would have a very very difficult time damaging someone in armor other than robes.

werewolves simply wouldn't have penetration. all bite and claws. every class should hard counter werewolf in 1 v 1, the only build that should struggle is a glass cannon that can't match werewolf mobility.

they're superhuman dogs, that's all.
    completely naked, furry canines. it makes total sense that they're fast, but what doesn't make sense is everything else.

no canine can recover from massive structural damages. sure they can bleed out and still survive fights against one another, like in Call of the Wild, but if a pooch has irreversible damage that extends beyond battering and blood loss, it doesn't recover unless someone rescues it.

maybe werewolves deserve 10k in bonus resistances, but they also need to have their HP halved on transform. dogs have less life force than humans and transforming into a hybrid needs to reflect that. a dog lives 15 years if it's a good one.
    dog life expectancy = 10-13, let's call it 12
    human = 79 let's call it 80
    (12+80)/2=46
    a human dog hybrid is 3.8 times the life force of a dog. still around half that of human.

there's all the killer instinct of a wolf, and maybe you should keep that.

you get 58% of your total HP in werewolf form. I'm not even kidding. you're a smart lot but you need to examine meta and realize ESO is immature. structural improvements still are impending if it's going to survive.

fear remains overpowered.

when a dog doesn't like me, it lets me know and I can read that
    I'm not scared. it's just trying to figure out where the alpha is. always on the prowl for that twist of fate that'll let it end up on top.
    you know fear can build up slowly after you've seen a werewolf mow through your teammates using insane instantaneous heals and tanking damages that should be impossible all the while having the greatest single target CQ dps in the game.
    maybe you could use ult to fear people. that'd make slightly more sense than just applying it even when I have no reason to be afraid.
    that's why dogs bark. they're in permanent submission and can't handle the sensory overload. locked in a yard.

it makes sense that fear ignores block right?
    there's still no counter to it from what I've learned so far.
    the easiest counter to fear is simply not to be afraid. sometimes that's not available, but in ESO, it's never an option.

Edited by heavier on December 21, 2018 9:39AM
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    I could see fear proc being RNG based on a number of factors:
    stance: if I'm in defensive stance I should be harder to fear
    active meal: if I'm well fed I'm not afraid
    direction: if I'm running away from werewolf I get feared easy, if I'm running towards werewolf, harder to fear
    recent damage: if the werewolf has already drawn blood I get feared, if I've taken out 90% of werewolf's hp without taking damage, very difficult to fear
    proximity of other people: we outnumber the werewolves, we don't get fear, there's a bunch wolves and one of me, that's fearsome
    day or night: night is fearing time, day is safe
    weather: stormy is fear, sunshine no fear
    duration: hold fear button for greater chances of fearing, at greater cost to channel
    available resources: if one of my resources is empty my survivability tanks and I fear easily

I could also see the removal of the break free mechanic in favor of a shorter duration.

fear is inescapable once it has occurred the only way to survive is to let it pass out of you.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ll happily discuss werewolf mechanics that applies in ESO, but you kind of lost me when you start applying real life logic to a video game, I´m out.

Good day to you sir :)

Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´ll happily discuss werewolf mechanics that applies in ESO, but you kind of lost me when you start applying real life logic to a video game, I´m out.

Good day to you sir :)

quitter
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    you got incredibly high, sustainable dps in a format that offers boosted surivability and has an instant cast 100% proc CC that ignores block

you call minor speed debuff a hard counter

joker and a quitter

when you're not in form you have full access to both bars minus an ult, all passives included to their greatest and fullest potential
    just don't tranform lol, it requires one sacrificed ult to gain complete a mode that is near completely unstoppable in many circumstances.
    Edited by heavier on December 21, 2018 9:47AM
    Options
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    DOGS DO NOT WEAR ARMOR

i'm sorry, what?

pugarmor_medium.jpg

Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    and now I start trying to rationalize how it could be modified in order to regain some semblance of balance and you're gone

just brilliant.
    DOGS DO NOT WEAR ARMOR

i'm sorry, what?

pugarmor_medium.jpg

with some exceptions.

the solution is to nerf their HP (including instacast recovery) and to give some nuance to fear.
    remove CP from werewolves in transformation and rebalance their dps so it's based on high hits rather than penetration

werewolf shouldn't be viable most of the time because they're literally freaks of nature violating most principles and sense.
    forgive me if I've suggested any other brilliant ideas that I don't remember atm...far passed my bedtime.

we're pvpers not a village of innocent people. werewolves are fully capable of murdering groups of unsuspecting innocent people.

my only references to irl are digression to point out that they're nothing more than dog-human mutts.

y'all are so clearly attached to your privilege to pvp as ill-conceived dogs that you've fancied your fragile understanding of what makes the class broken as adequate deterrence for the dissatisfaction most of the playerbase feels when their toon falls apart in a mere sliver of time in which there was no moment to retaliate.

y'all think it's balanced because you still get screwed in group combat. hhhhhhh get real
    Edited by heavier on December 21, 2018 10:03AM
    Options
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dogs would have a very very difficult time damaging someone in armor other than robes.

LOL, nope :)

If you want to compare with real world, then think not wolf but rather grizzly, just faster. He can rip open car doors and crush a bowling ball in his mouth. And he has claws the size your fingers :)

main-qimg-f09648b8580053fe6ef4dde45f961413.webp
    Edited by mague on December 21, 2018 10:06AM
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    since the werewolf scene isn't useful at providing ammo to use against them and they're fairly ignorant on how ridiculous they are, you can leave werewolf form at any time you like regaining full access to normal utility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJSL1HoMMX8&feature=youtu.be&t=15m
    of course the embed ignores the timestamp I linked, which ought to be at 15 minutes for the sound byte

"I just use werewolf to burst down enemies and that's it"

werewolf should require a bit more commitment eh fellows?

maybe it should be required of werewolves that they die as dogs once they've committed to embracing their form
    Edited by heavier on December 21, 2018 10:11AM
    Options
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »

LOL, nope :)

If you want to compare with real world, then think not wolf but rather grizzly, just faster. He can rip open car doors and crush a bowling ball in his mouth. And he has claws the size your fingers :)

main-qimg-f09648b8580053fe6ef4dde45f961413.webp

bears are among the strongest creatures on earth, dogs aren't very strong except their bite.
    humans are very weak compared to most animals
    dog+human = probably gonna be weaker
    0 armor = a massive problem when dealing with weapons and magic tbh
    bears can tank bullets but dogs aren't bears.

the fragility of wolves is very apparent in their lack of survivablity in nature itself. they are expected to live to like 5 years on average without the aide of humans (citation needed)
    Edited by heavier on December 21, 2018 10:21AM
    Options