The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Mac crashing every time I end ESO

Sanemancured
Well it was too good to be true. I've just played ESO without going into Boot Camp and it's been a real pleasure. Except. Every time I quit out of ESO my iMac goes to a black screen and I have to hard re-boot to resolve this.

Come on ZEN, this isn't good enough.
  • zarnon_akoni
    zarnon_akoni
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of iMac do you have? My experience is so ***-poor I am considering upgrading to a new iMac. I put in a ticket asking for clarification if the top end 21.5" iMac will work and I can't even get a straight answer if they will tell me. I've had 4 different agents interacting through a ticket. The last agent said they will not tell me even though before that the moderator here said they would. Incredibly frustrated.
    Options
  • Sanemancured
    Mine is a nearly new 27".
    5m8v55krentp.png
    Options
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, this bug is back again. there was a short period of time while it wasn't but it is crashing again now on exit.

ie: only crashes if quit from the game directly, if log out the character first and then quit, it's fine.
    Options
  • phobi
    phobi
    ✭✭
    If you see the black screen, try pressing "command+option+esc", this helped for me.
    Options
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that that black screen will eventually go away - 100% of the time. Sometimes it's 5 mins, sometimes it's 10. It's a real pain as typically when I turn ESO off I need to go out so I have to budget extra time for a clean shut down.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening on my Mac...every time I try to quit the game. I have to use the Mac version of control-alt-delete.
    Options
  • Lecter
    Lecter
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem, still happening after this new patch!
    I updated my Mac (which was a pain cuz i have a 2016 Mac), problem still there:(
    Options
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening on my Mac...every time I try to quit the game. I have to use the Mac version of control-alt-delete.

I find if you leave it long enough (and we could be talking 15 mins here) it eventually goes away, but often I close the game down cos I'm going out so I don't have that 15 mins.

It's a pain. But it's not the worst Mac bug we've have xD
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
    Options
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    It seems to hang forever for me after a long-ish session. I've left it overnight and come back in the morning to still see a blank game window. After a short session, it will indeed shut down more quickly, depending on how long I've been playing.

I still can't get more than a five-hour session (with many zone changes, dungeons, character switches) - it inevitably crashes. Same symptoms and diagnostics as always since this crapola first started. Each "improvement" has simply delayed the crash a little longer. The client simply gets less stable the longer it runs.

While I do appreciate being able to run dungeons and trials on my healer and tank characters, still out of luck when it comes to queuing for these activities with a DPS character. PUG players are quick to kick you if you crash, even if it takes just 2 mins to get back and you've queued for 1+ hours, they don't care whether you tell them to expect a crash and please wait, or not.

[And yeah yeah I can see the "get a guild group" thing coming, and that does help - on weekends. During the week (PC/Mac) server relatively deserted during my time zone's evenings and PUGs are pretty much the only option if I want to do non-landscape PvE content.]
    Options
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭
    phobi wrote: »
    If you see the black screen, try pressing "command+option+esc", this helped for me.

This. It’s still annoying but it will fix the black screen after quit instantly and 100% of the time.

Sythias Blackhand - Imperial Nightblade - Trueflame NA DC
    Elder Skills PVP Captain
    Options