Maintenance for the week of January 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 21
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Mac crashing every time I end ESO

Sanemancured
Well it was too good to be true. I've just played ESO without going into Boot Camp and it's been a real pleasure. Except. Every time I quit out of ESO my iMac goes to a black screen and I have to hard re-boot to resolve this.

Come on ZEN, this isn't good enough.
  • zarnon_akoni
    zarnon_akoni
    ✭✭
    What kind of iMac do you have? My experience is so ***-poor I am considering upgrading to a new iMac. I put in a ticket asking for clarification if the top end 21.5" iMac will work and I can't even get a straight answer if they will tell me. I've had 4 different agents interacting through a ticket. The last agent said they will not tell me even though before that the moderator here said they would. Incredibly frustrated.
  • Sanemancured
    Mine is a nearly new 27".
    5m8v55krentp.png
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭
    yep, this bug is back again. there was a short period of time while it wasn't but it is crashing again now on exit.

ie: only crashes if quit from the game directly, if log out the character first and then quit, it's fine.
  • phobi
    phobi
    If you see the black screen, try pressing "command+option+esc", this helped for me.
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭
    I have found that that black screen will eventually go away - 100% of the time. Sometimes it's 5 mins, sometimes it's 10. It's a real pain as typically when I turn ESO off I need to go out so I have to budget extra time for a clean shut down.
    Filthy Gorgeous (PC/EU)
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening on my Mac...every time I try to quit the game. I have to use the Mac version of control-alt-delete.