The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac crashing every time I end ESO

Sanemancured
Well it was too good to be true. I've just played ESO without going into Boot Camp and it's been a real pleasure. Except. Every time I quit out of ESO my iMac goes to a black screen and I have to hard re-boot to resolve this.

Come on ZEN, this isn't good enough.
  • zarnon_akoni
    zarnon_akoni
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of iMac do you have? My experience is so ***-poor I am considering upgrading to a new iMac. I put in a ticket asking for clarification if the top end 21.5" iMac will work and I can't even get a straight answer if they will tell me. I've had 4 different agents interacting through a ticket. The last agent said they will not tell me even though before that the moderator here said they would. Incredibly frustrated.
  • Sanemancured
    Mine is a nearly new 27".
    5m8v55krentp.png
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, this bug is back again. there was a short period of time while it wasn't but it is crashing again now on exit.

ie: only crashes if quit from the game directly, if log out the character first and then quit, it's fine.
  • phobi
    phobi
    ✭✭
    If you see the black screen, try pressing "command+option+esc", this helped for me.
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that that black screen will eventually go away - 100% of the time. Sometimes it's 5 mins, sometimes it's 10. It's a real pain as typically when I turn ESO off I need to go out so I have to budget extra time for a clean shut down.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening on my Mac...every time I try to quit the game. I have to use the Mac version of control-alt-delete.
  • Lecter
    Lecter
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem, still happening after this new patch!
    I updated my Mac (which was a pain cuz i have a 2016 Mac), problem still there:(
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening on my Mac...every time I try to quit the game. I have to use the Mac version of control-alt-delete.

I find if you leave it long enough (and we could be talking 15 mins here) it eventually goes away, but often I close the game down cos I'm going out so I don't have that 15 mins.

It's a pain. But it's not the worst Mac bug we've have xD
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    It seems to hang forever for me after a long-ish session. I've left it overnight and come back in the morning to still see a blank game window. After a short session, it will indeed shut down more quickly, depending on how long I've been playing.

I still can't get more than a five-hour session (with many zone changes, dungeons, character switches) - it inevitably crashes. Same symptoms and diagnostics as always since this crapola first started. Each "improvement" has simply delayed the crash a little longer. The client simply gets less stable the longer it runs.

While I do appreciate being able to run dungeons and trials on my healer and tank characters, still out of luck when it comes to queuing for these activities with a DPS character. PUG players are quick to kick you if you crash, even if it takes just 2 mins to get back and you've queued for 1+ hours, they don't care whether you tell them to expect a crash and please wait, or not.

[And yeah yeah I can see the "get a guild group" thing coming, and that does help - on weekends. During the week (PC/Mac) server relatively deserted during my time zone's evenings and PUGs are pretty much the only option if I want to do non-landscape PvE content.]
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭
    phobi wrote: »
    If you see the black screen, try pressing "command+option+esc", this helped for me.

This. It’s still annoying but it will fix the black screen after quit instantly and 100% of the time.

Sythias Blackhand - Imperial Nightblade - Trueflame NA DC
    Elder Skills PVP Captain