The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I really dont get how ?

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    And people say DKs are weak.......

Long live the DK!
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DK,s are my nemesis, i hate those flapping wings.
  • Creationofgod
    Creationofgod
    ✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    And people say DKs are weak.......

Long live the DK!

well long they live .... when they are as tanky as some i have seen in the video's
    PC eu. Main : Magplar cp 320
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    @Creationofgod

Here is the strongest PvP tank on NA ps4.

He does this all day( literally I’ve never seen him on any other build)

https://youtu.be/Y74LwNf4nDE

He's an ultimate charging hotspot. Fill ulti, move along. I've told people to ignore him, captured a keep and 3 resources, and came back to see them still fighting vs this dude.

My group just kills him and drop the bags lol
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Creationofgod

Here is the strongest PvP tank on NA ps4.

He does this all day( literally I’ve never seen him on any other build)

https://youtu.be/Y74LwNf4nDE

lol, i would get bored tbh

Right but this is just to show that 6 people is a very little amount compared. So you can definitely get somewhere in the middle. And be terrible at both separately
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These tanky players give all PVP noobs a "WTF!!" moment when they first run across them. If you think about resistances and health regeneration, and the gear, CP, and skills that support it, it's not hard to put one of these builds together. Typically they hit back like a wet noodle. Some players enjoy this kind of play style and probably get a kick out of frustrating their attackers. Unless you enjoy beating on them for 15 minutes, you just learn to move on.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First i have to say , i am not an avid pvp player! but i do on a crazy wensday jump in a vivec to try to get some AP !
    today after joining a group and doing some pvp stuff , we encounterd an player ( i think DK ) not shure though! We attacked him more and more people came to help..

at one point 6 of is were full on attacking this guy , nothing happpened not even a dent ???? his sustain was also jsut fine because it took us like 6 minutes and still were doing the same thing and he was actually also attacking back.. i really cant comprehand how this is possible or what build you must have for this to work? 6 vs 1 how ? balance what ?

can someone please be so kind to explain ?

Dragon Knights are formidable even in non-CP PvP (the strongest class by far if you ask me). I don't even want to imagine what they would be capable of when CP gets thrown into the mix.

This game's PVP isn't balanced. It never will be balanced. That's why I always say they should focus on making PvP fun - not balanced.
    Edited by Jeremy on November 8, 2018 12:07AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I learnt one massive rule years ago...

Mmorpg pvp is a massive joke, just ignore it and play the real content...
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One method of dealing with tanks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68p8jKzY72E&t=0s

I fought a Nightblade, 2 Templar variants (A blazplar and a too-weak-to-diagnose-but-assumed-was-their-healer), and a Dragonknight. The DK was a Titanium Teddybear, their too-weak-to-diagnose-but-assumed-was-their-healer and Nightblade were super squishy, and their Blazplar wasn't a threat.

The second method of dealing with tanks is stack Bleeds with Oblivion Damage. Bleeds ignore resistance, and Oblivion Damage can't be mitigated at all. Sorry, don't have a video showcasing this one yet.

And ofc you finished them off with some teafaggins. :s
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounded more like his group was fighting a magplar tank :P Just saying. With seducer+transmutation and bloodspawn theyre hard to kill, you need a NB with fear to drop them, spam fear and he cant tank. Toss in bleeds and he will be gone. A solo magblade can do that I guess.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s entirely possible. Yesterday outside glademist in the wee hours of the morning, I saw a random DK fending off 6-10 AD and together we 2vX them for quite some time, taking down multiple of their players with almost no LOS, before a few more DC arrived and they were done. I admit that I had some really close calls in what was about a 10+ minute 2vX but some players just don’t understand what attacks to use when, when to use executed and when to CC. A lack of confidence leads to openings that more experienced players can exploit. You don’t even need to be built like a real tank to hold off a handful of inexperienced players.
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Well judging by your wording and your statement this seems like a lack of knowledge issue.

You say you occasionally go in there. This person may be a very experienced player with a tried and true build. They might fight outnumbered all day against other moderately experienced players. Which means any thing less is a cake walk.

well maybe you would be so kind to explain us "noobs" out here what kind of build can do this and how people like me can counter such build ?

share the knowledge

Depending on the combined (in)experience between the 6 of you, it could have just been a normal DK that was comfortable relying on their basic heals to outheal the incoming damage, or a dedicated tank that you found alone and couldn't do anything against without proper group synergy. Sometimes the solution isn't a change of build but to "grow up" in-game so you can come back and fight the big boys on more even footing. For a veteran, a 1v6 against green players is a whole lot easier than a 1v2 against evenly matched players.

6 v 1 for six minutes...should not be possible

as someone who play defense on a soccer team, I will tell you that in order to defend successfully you need people to depend upon. 6 v 1 is not balanced.

you're delusional if you think this should even be possible.

I get that OP doesn't have great grammar and kind of makes typos...

defense needs to scale with the resources available to a defender. 1 goalie may be able to defend an entire goal alone against upwards of 3 players, given that they are only given a window of a second before the rest of the defense reactivates.

you clearly have no idea how competitive PvP works. Unless these were 6 CP 160s in CP 30 gear who didn't know about skill other than light attack, this entire scenario is complete ***.

I want to highlight your condescension, because you're taking a problem OP brought to these forums and telling him that he is the problem.

If the best goalie in the world were to be given the task of defending the goal for 6 minutes against 6 random players from around the world who play soccer with any regularity, given continuous opportunity a goal would be made in less than a minute 99% of the time.

in my mind 2 defenders can counter upwards of 5 players, on a regular basis given that they are world class and don't get tired, also bearing in mind that they have time to recover when they repossess the ball and pass it to their strikers up field.

the amount of sheer physical effort it requires to defend when you're outnumbered is NOT remotely reflected in this game.
    2 v 4 is realistic again given the constraint of about 30 seconds that this effort is needed to be maintained.

attacking on an equal defense may require a ton of skill but it requires far less effort than defending.

3 v 11 is fully possible in the football/soccer world. I'd even put my money on my team to defend at those odds to moderate success.

tl;dr 6 people freecasting on 1 person for 6 minutes and you're lecturing about how they need to git gud KEK
    Edited by heavier on December 20, 2018 6:47AM
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    This game's PVP isn't balanced. It never will be balanced.
    this is the overwhelming trend in the industry, once a game hits peak balance, it never recovers once stuff starts getting bent.

however ZoS is PvP virgins so maybe they will be able to recover with some guidance.
    Edited by heavier on December 20, 2018 6:50AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well judging by your wording and your statement this seems like a lack of knowledge issue.

You say you occasionally go in there. This person may be a very experienced player with a tried and true build. They might fight outnumbered all day against other moderately experienced players. Which means any thing less is a cake walk.

well maybe you would be so kind to explain us "noobs" out here what kind of build can do this and how people like me can counter such build ?

share the knowledge

People that like to explain away suspicious activity in PvP, never give details, just vague answers.
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

share the knowledge

People that like to explain away suspicious activity in PvP, never give details, just vague answers.

I heard cheats are possible in ESO

disturbing rumor
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heavier wrote: »

share the knowledge

Depending on the combined (in)experience between the 6 of you, it could have just been a normal DK that was comfortable relying on their basic heals to outheal the incoming damage, or a dedicated tank that you found alone and couldn't do anything against without proper group synergy. Sometimes the solution isn't a change of build but to "grow up" in-game so you can come back and fight the big boys on more even footing. For a veteran, a 1v6 against green players is a whole lot easier than a 1v2 against evenly matched players.

as someone who play defense on a soccer team, I will tell you that in order to defend successfully you need people to depend upon. 6 v 1 is not balanced.

defense needs to scale with the resources available to a defender. 1 goalie may be able to defend an entire goal alone against upwards of 3 players, given that they are only given a window of a second before the rest of the defense reactivates.

you clearly have no idea how competitive PvP works. Unless these were 6 CP 160s in CP 30 gear who didn't know about skill other than light attack, this entire scenario is complete ***.

I want to highlight your condescension, because you're taking a problem OP brought to these forums and telling him that he is the problem.

If the best goalie in the world were to be given the task of defending the goal for 6 minutes against 6 random players from around the world who play soccer with any regularity, given continuous opportunity a goal would be made in less than a minute 99% of the time.

in my mind 2 defenders can counter upwards of 5 players, on a regular basis given that they are world class and don't get tired, also bearing in mind that they have time to recover when they repossess the ball and pass it to their strikers up field.

the amount of sheer physical effort it requires to defend when you're outnumbered is NOT remotely reflected in this game.
    2 v 4 is realistic again given the constraint of about 30 seconds that this effort is needed to be maintained.

attacking on an equal defense may require a ton of skill but it requires far less effort than defending.

3 v 11 is fully possible in the football/soccer world. I'd even put my money on my team to defend at those odds to moderate success.

tl;dr 6 people freecasting on 1 person for 6 minutes and you're lecturing about how they need to git gud KEK

Comparing ESO PvP to any real-world competitive sport is futile because there isn't a universal standard for combat in Cyrodiil. Your entire example is assuming you're going against semi-competent players of the sport. Assume for even a second that you're instead going against toddlers that barely know how to walk. Suddenly a 1v6, 1v12, even a 2v24 in that scenario is suddenly a whole lot more comparable to what can happen in Cyrodiil.

The OP asked what type of build could accomplish this and to "share the knowledge", so I provided two possible scenarios, one that assumed the OP was playing alongside people that sort of knew how to play, and the other that assumed the OP was playing alongside brand new players. The OP even said in their first sentence they aren't an avid PvP player, and that they rarely hop into Vivec, the go-to campaign for when you just want to hop into a zerg for easy AP. The only "problem" presented in the post was an inability to kill a player with allies (with no combat specifics given), and the solution to that problem is, generally, to get better at the game. It's a situation that happens fairly regularly to people unfamiliar with the nature of PvP in ESO. The mindset that a player should be predestined to lose just because the other team has greater numbers is a flawed line of thinking preventing many newer players from developing their own abilities.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

share the knowledge

Never go full *** mate.

If i build for pvp tanking i put on Heavy Fort. Brass with Cyrodiils crest and Bloodspawn. If wont have damage but a lot of heal and damage mitigation + Sustain with heavy attacks and battle roar.

Its not uncommon to tank 6 pugs that dont have any understanding of CC, unblockable CC, defile, dots etc. If they have 40k hp and just charging one lightning heavy attack after the other it its enough for my health regen to outheal this damage. Then there is generic zerg sniper #64588 who just does snipe and light attacks, a healer with a tt in jabs of 209 and some target dummies for my heavy attacks to get stamina. I can do this forever on unexperienced players. Now comes a 1v1 against player with a proper build who knows how to Time CC, defile ult and burst and i am dead.

Thats balance. Skilled players always gonna win against unskilled ones, even if they outnumber the good player.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

share the knowledge

I think soccer is not the greatest analogy to ESo PVP, because the goal is different. Wrestling would be more appropriate. A great wrestler can beat 6 inexperienced wrestlers simultaneously in a wrestling match. The great wrestler would have harder time with a couple of good wrestlers and in a great vs great situation, the match would be quite equal.

Or fist fights would be good analogy also: you could relatively easily beat 6 or more kids in a fight, but a fight against a person with a similar physique would be harder.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the tanky builds being hard to kill, that's a given.
    What gets me about PvP is having good weapon damage and not being able to kill others...having good defense and getting blown up by another player 1v1.

Here's my nightblade stats outside of Cyrodiil....
    https://imgur.com/a/QCYkRC1

Despite these stats, I can't kill anyone. I weave both heavy and light attacks...I animation cancel. No one dies. At the same time, I can get hit twice and get blown up. I pre-vigor...I always try to keep vigor up. Doesn't seem to matter much..yet I'll see players go from 20% health back to full on one vigor...it's nuts.
    There's just something I don't get about PvP in ESO...something just doesn't click.

Also still seeing a ton of passive dodge going on in Cyrodiil...I thought Zos removed passive dodge...yet I'll still see players standing around while I hit them as "dodge dodge dodge" rolls across the screen.

Edit: Not from dodge rolling either...I'm talking about standing there while we're attacking eachother and suddenly my attacks don't hit because of passive dodge...I thought all passive dodge became AoE reduction. Yet, still seeing it everywhere.
    Edited by Kel on December 20, 2018 1:35PM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    I get the tanky builds being hard to kill, that's a given.
    What gets me about PvP is having good weapon damage and not being able to kill others...having good defense and getting blown up by another player 1v1.

Here's my nightblade stats outside of Cyrodiil....
    https://imgur.com/a/QCYkRC1

Despite these stats, I can't kill anyone. I weave both heavy and light attacks...I animation cancel. No one dies. At the same time, I can get hit twice and get blown up. I pre-vigor...I always try to keep vigor up. Doesn't seem to matter much..yet I'll see players go from 20% health back to full on one vigor...it's nuts.
    There's just something I don't get about PvP in ESO...something just doesn't click.

Also still seeing a ton of passive dodge going on in Cyrodiil...I thought Zos removed passive dodge...yet I'll still see players standing around while I hit them as "dodge dodge dodge" rolls across the screen.

Tbh, your build is not that great. Try using this:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=104814

Easy to get and really strong.
    Edited by Gnozo on December 20, 2018 1:40PM