Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Creative Director’s Letter: That’s a Wrap on 2018!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Creative Director’s Letter: That’s a Wrap on 2018. Read on for a special blog from ESO's Creative Director, Rich Lambert.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Bones feels older, that was really this year? Excited to see what's being planned for next year.

Still dreaming one day I'll have that necromancer class. :sweat_smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, I was hoping for a bit more information on the next DLC like last year when you announced Dragon Bones.

Alas, really looking forward to ESO's 5th year.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, and Happy festivals for all!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The year in review:

Khajiit built a very fine temple. Subsequently there have been a few parties there by the pool.

Then this one obtained travel documents to Snooty Elf Island. It did not disappoint! So many elves and all with their noses pointed skywards. Some bad things happened and Khajiit saved the world again with a wave of the whiskers and maybe some stabbing of giant slugs.

Then after the Summerfall event Khajiit was able to open Claws Great Mall and Doing Things Place and get a paw in the retail sector to go with the education sector, the tavern sector and the religion sector.

Then there was some more drinking and a few more parties. Apprentice Jennet made very good progress during the festival of the witches and also wore a nice hat.

Khajiit was then invited to attend the opening of several wardrobes in Swampy Lizard Land. Subsequently many more wardrobes were also opened. Also Spiny Tim ran away and went a bit native. Still trying to track him down …

Some improvements were made to the Fishmas grotto and this one welcomed a small family of snow khajiit into her life.

Then already it was Fishmas again - so soon!

Onwards to 2019 and perhaps some more parties. A nap first perhaps?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your hard work. From the forum mods, to the ESO support, to the devs and everyone else involved with creating and maintaining this lovely world. Though I’ve voiced a number of criticisms here on the forums, it’s only because I’m passionate about your product. At the end of the day you’ve given me many hours of joy and entertainment so thank you again and I can’t wait to see what you come up with for 2019!
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Dragon Bones feels older, that was really this year? Excited to see what's being planned for next year.

We keep on dreaming. Hopefully 2019 is the year the necromancer class will be unleashed upon this world :)
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i also gave my fair share of Criticism but that is also only because Im living more in Tamriel the in the Real World. I have Anxiety Issues and dont really leave my Home, Im on permanent Sicknote, ESO gives me the chance to communicate and to be under People, be it Humans, Khajiits, Argonians, whatever. To use, when i feel like it Discord/Teamspeak and talk to people :) Im tottaly hyped about next Year, hoping personally of Elsweyre. Happy Holidays
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good year, and can't wait for next year news. Hopefully new weapons? :)
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All hail Lich Rambert. And thanks to everyone at ZOS who keep on making this game great!
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A much appreciated note. Thanks!

I had to laugh at this: "we can’t wait to see how you all put all the pieces together starting early next year. "

Like a Khajiit with a ball of yarn, and we are the yarn! :smiley: I accept the challenge!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have been more critical of ESO this year than ever before, but there is a reason for that. I just don't think that any other MMO holds as much promise.

I hope that 2019, is focused more on entertainment and escapism than morality plays,(For more on that you can read further thoughts here I also truly hope that the client and networking issues receive more of a priority than it did in 2018.

2019 is going to be a make or break year for many players, and I am excited to see this game live up to it's potential after half a decade, but I remain cautiously "Skeptimistic."

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one will be watching to see if fluffy words are matched by actions and treatment of world, yes? Khajiit is not so sure. He is been having his tail pulled one too many times.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Years!!!! So what are you getting us for our anniversary?! :wink:
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, does this mean we will finally get dragons?!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »
    5 Years!!!! So what are you getting us for our anniversary?! :wink:

Google says that wood is the traditional gift for the 5th anniversary :blush:
    PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

Doubtful. Not in season right now. But, I feel sorry for you, so have a hug from a dragon...

Hugs-DragonBow.gif
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

Oh, please no. Please no dragons....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to laugh at this: "we can’t wait to see how you all put all the pieces together starting early next year. "

Like a Khajiit with a ball of yarn, and we are the yarn! :smiley: I accept the challenge!

Yeah, what does that mean? Are there clues already out there pointing to the next chapter?
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Yeah, what does that mean? Are there clues already out there pointing to the next chapter?

I think that what it means is that they are going to start dropping clues early next year.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that what it means is that they are going to start dropping clues early next year.

Yeah... there has also been speculation that the next chapter will open up the rest of skyrim based on some datamining... I guess we will see..
    Obituary:
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to read about all they did this year to improve the user experience, especially on Consoles. The paragraph about the Cyrodiil improvements was certainly Insightful. Here is a pat on the back for all that hard work in 2018 (oh you already did that for yourself lol).
    PC-NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... there has also been speculation that the next chapter will open up the rest of skyrim based on some datamining... I guess we will see..

That would constitute "a huge year for The Elder Scrolls Online", without a doubt. I don't expect it in 2019, even though they did mention "Windhelm" in an obscure bit of text in Murkmire. It will be a massive undertaking. If they do it proper, which I desperately hope they do, it will be a much larger project than either Vvardenfell or Summerset. They would almost have to start it earlier than a year before it was due to roll out, in that case.
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Great to read about all they did this year to improve the user experience, especially on Consoles. The paragraph about the Cyrodiil improvements was certainly Insightful. Here is a pat on the back for all that hard work in 2018 (oh you already did that for yourself lol).

The discussion of performance is something more suited to a statement from Firor, the studio director, rather than Lambert, the creative director. Sounds like there will be no update on that this year from him.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was certainly more of a "Wrap on 2018" than a "Look ahead to 2019" letter, and as such was pretty pointless I thought.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It was certainly more of a "Wrap on 2018" than a "Look ahead to 2019" letter, and as such was pretty pointless I thought.

Maybe Firor will do a "Look Ahead", but if he does, I bet he does not do it until early next year.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The discussion of performance is something more suited to a statement from Firor, the studio director, rather than Lambert, the creative director. Sounds like there will be no update on that this year from him.

Good point! Unfortunately my perception is that Mr. Firor has all but vanished from ESO this past year or 2.

PC-NA
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Based off of no knowledge at all, I can indeed confirm that Necromancy is indeed coming. Just check my sig, @Turelus
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

Good point! Unfortunately my perception is that Mr. Firor has all but vanished from ESO this past year or 2.

Well, to be honest, he has a whole new game that he needs to get started. Hire leadership people. Build staff. Secure funding. All that fun stuff.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dn8ohuanm227.png

New Years Day update confirmed. ;)
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the images used to represent 2018 in ESO, one could mistake this to mean 2018 was ESO's year of all things scaly and furry.

...or bony, in that dragon skeleton's case. XP
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice post @ZOS_RichLambert , eager to see what 2019 has for eso. Just please keep the nerfs to a minimum next year so a can be excited about those things.

happy holidays zos employees *raises glass* cheers