Maintenance for the week of January 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 21
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Creative Director’s Letter: That’s a Wrap on 2018!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Creative Director’s Letter: That’s a Wrap on 2018. Read on for a special blog from ESO's Creative Director, Rich Lambert.
Gina Bruno
Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
Staff Post
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, and Happy festivals for all!
    https://elsewhere.innota.me/
    Happy member of awesome Alith
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Dragon Bones feels older, that was really this year? Excited to see what's being planned for next year.

Still dreaming one day I'll have that necromancer class. :sweat_smile:

We keep on dreaming. Hopefully 2019 is the year the necromancer class will be unleashed upon this world :)
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good year, and can't wait for next year news. Hopefully new weapons? :)
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭
    All hail Lich Rambert. And thanks to everyone at ZOS who keep on making this game great!
    EP Magsorc - Never-Blinks
    EP Magplar - Sweet-Like-Honey
    EP Stamblade- Pure-paws
    EP MagDK- Rhys Redoran
    EP Stamsorc- Gotta Go' Fast
    EP Magblade- Dandos Direnni
    DC Stamplar- Balan at Bergama
    AD StamDK- Pontius Goldenhawk
    EP Magden- Frozen-Frog
    EP Stamden- Dro Ma'Thra Savage
    EP DKTank- Sharquez
    AD MagSorc- Ancanita
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A much appreciated note. Thanks!

I had to laugh at this: "we can’t wait to see how you all put all the pieces together starting early next year. "

Like a Khajiit with a ball of yarn, and we are the yarn! :smiley: I accept the challenge!
    PC North America since March 2014
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say NO to Crown Crates!
    I collect free, unopened, virgin Crown Crates! 300, so far!

• Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have been more critical of ESO this year than ever before, but there is a reason for that. I just don't think that any other MMO holds as much promise.

I hope that 2019, is focused more on entertainment and escapism than morality plays,(For more on that you can read further thoughts here I also truly hope that the client and networking issues receive more of a priority than it did in 2018.

2019 is going to be a make or break year for many players, and I am excited to see this game live up to it's potential after half a decade, but I remain cautiously "Skeptimistic."

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard
    "Corporate Social Justice, and feel bad liberalism are scams. Keep regressive Identity politics out of gaming .”
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one will be watching to see if fluffy words are matched by actions and treatment of world, yes? Khajiit is not so sure. He is been having his tail pulled one too many times.
    Account: Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a grand master crafter with almost every motif (excluding Welkynar and the 3 crown motifs because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 150 (equivalent level of 200), and paid gear in some form from those CP 150 - CP 160 or higher.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭
    5 Years!!!! So what are you getting us for our anniversary?! :wink:
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, does this mean we will finally get dragons?!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »
    5 Years!!!! So what are you getting us for our anniversary?! :wink:

Google says that wood is the traditional gift for the 5th anniversary :blush:
    PC EU
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

Doubtful. Not in season right now. But, I feel sorry for you, so have a hug from a dragon...

Hugs-DragonBow.gif

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »

Oh, please no. Please no dragons....
    Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne
    Kaiser of Tacoma - EP Lvl 16 Warden NA PC Kyne

The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Baron of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Warden NA PC
    Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC
    Chancellor of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC
    Pharaoh of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 NightBlade NA PC
    Duke of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Dragon Knight NA PC
    Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Retired from the war, now Dungeon Healer & Quester
    Magrain - DC Lvl 50 Nightblade NA PC - Spying for EP, Master Crafter
    Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war. RIP.
    Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption. RIP
    Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018. RIP
    Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma. RIP
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to laugh at this: "we can’t wait to see how you all put all the pieces together starting early next year. "

Like a Khajiit with a ball of yarn, and we are the yarn! :smiley: I accept the challenge!

Yeah, what does that mean? Are there clues already out there pointing to the next chapter?

Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Retired from the war, now Dungeon Healer & Quester
    Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018. RIP
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

Yeah, what does that mean? Are there clues already out there pointing to the next chapter?

I think that what it means is that they are going to start dropping clues early next year.

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that what it means is that they are going to start dropping clues early next year.

Yeah... there has also been speculation that the next chapter will open up the rest of skyrim based on some datamining... I guess we will see..

• Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to read about all they did this year to improve the user experience, especially on Consoles. The paragraph about the Cyrodiil improvements was certainly Insightful. Here is a pat on the back for all that hard work in 2018 (oh you already did that for yourself lol).
    PC-NA
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... there has also been speculation that the next chapter will open up the rest of skyrim based on some datamining... I guess we will see..

That would constitute "a huge year for The Elder Scrolls Online", without a doubt. I don't expect it in 2019, even though they did mention "Windhelm" in an obscure bit of text in Murkmire. It will be a massive undertaking. If they do it proper, which I desperately hope they do, it will be a much larger project than either Vvardenfell or Summerset. They would almost have to start it earlier than a year before it was due to roll out, in that case.
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Great to read about all they did this year to improve the user experience, especially on Consoles. The paragraph about the Cyrodiil improvements was certainly Insightful. Here is a pat on the back for all that hard work in 2018 (oh you already did that for yourself lol).

The discussion of performance is something more suited to a statement from Firor, the studio director, rather than Lambert, the creative director. Sounds like there will be no update on that this year from him.

• lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It was certainly more of a "Wrap on 2018" than a "Look ahead to 2019" letter, and as such was pretty pointless I thought.

Maybe Firor will do a "Look Ahead", but if he does, I bet he does not do it until early next year.

• Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The discussion of performance is something more suited to a statement from Firor, the studio director, rather than Lambert, the creative director. Sounds like there will be no update on that this year from him.

Good point! Unfortunately my perception is that Mr. Firor has all but vanished from ESO this past year or 2.

PC-NA
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Dragon Bones feels older, that was really this year? Excited to see what's being planned for next year.

Still dreaming one day I'll have that necromancer class. :sweat_smile:

Based off of no knowledge at all, I can indeed confirm that Necromancy is indeed coming. Just check my sig, @Turelus
    Keeping this sig until Necromancy becomes a playable option - 9/7/18
    Official Necromancer Class Rep.
  • lordrichter
    lordrichter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

Good point! Unfortunately my perception is that Mr. Firor has all but vanished from ESO this past year or 2.

Well, to be honest, he has a whole new game that he needs to get started. Hire leadership people. Build staff. Secure funding. All that fun stuff.

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on the images used to represent 2018 in ESO, one could mistake this to mean 2018 was ESO's year of all things scaly and furry.

...or bony, in that dragon skeleton's case. XP
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice post @ZOS_RichLambert , eager to see what 2019 has for eso. Just please keep the nerfs to a minimum next year so a can be excited about those things.

happy holidays zos employees *raises glass* cheers