The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I opened a ticket and Support responded with something that has nothing to do...

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I just opened a support ticket with a specific situation (took my time to explain in detail) and 2 or 3 minutes later I received an email from Support stating...

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online team..."

And then a response that has NOTHING TO DO, honestly, not even close, to what I explained?

Are we in April? Is this a joke from the support department? :/

Edited by Dragonnord on December 19, 2018 5:34PM
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do that all the time to me. I think honestly it just goes straight to autoresponse and then if you email them back saying "wtf, I actually need help" THEN they have an actual person look at it. That is how it has seemed to work for me the past few times. It's annoying af but it gives me the impression that they are severely understaffed and that's how they filter out real support needs from misfires or impulse tickets.
    Edited by Minyassa on December 19, 2018 5:36PM
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible for you to screenshot the complaint and reply and scratch out the sensitive information like names? Otherwise we can't really say much on it.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Best thing to do is just reply to the ticket explaining the answer didn't help; don't create a new ticket though, otherwise you'll just go back to the beginning of the queue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing to do is just reply to the ticket explaining the answer didn't help; don't create a new ticket though, otherwise you'll just go back to the beginning of the queue.

Thanks Gina. Will do that. Just know guys this is not the way Support should be working because I clearly explained the situation. It feels like if a defective robot took my case.
    Edited by Dragonnord on December 20, 2018 11:39AM
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had my ticket reverted several times when I'd ask a question for clarification and they'd just return to it the read what agent has said part. I've mostly given up on using it.

*Hah! They did it again! Three times now.*
    Edited by Delsanab14_ESO on December 19, 2018 5:43PM
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny and frustrating that the ticket submission on console has a word limit when giving details. It'll let you tell your entire story while typing, but only a certain amount of characters would be accepted in the actual ticket. I get no such restrictions when sending an email though.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

Thanks Gina. Will do that. Just know guys this is not the way Support should be working because I clearly explained the situation. It feels like if a robot took my case.

That's because a robot did....
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    The auto-response is simply that. It doesn't mean no one is looking - but if you ever have additional information (screenshots, videos, links, etc.) you can reply to that auto-response e-mail and it'll get added to the ticket and folks will see that as well.
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I had to abandon my only and completely broken character on the US server after 2 months of pleading with support to fix the many problems, all backed up by screenshots, with not a single reply from anything but a BOT in all that time.I wish you better luck!
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    This is fairly common in many Customer Support centers for many large companies. First ticket gets routed through an automated system, which checks your subject line, etc, etc.

Often spits back a canned message.

To get a LIVE support person to respond, it's always best to reply to the existing request (escalates it) rather than open a new ticket.

This happens in many, many companies, not just ZOS.

Good luck. Hope you get a speedy & satisfactory resolution! :smile:

I just opened a support ticket with a specific situation (took my time to explain in detail) and 2 or 3 minutes later I received an email from Support stating...

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online team..."

And then a response that has NOTHING TO DO, honestly, not even close, to what I explained?

Are we in April? Is this a joke from the support department? :/

“The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while back a friend crafted me a staff in a style I didn’t have. I accidentally deconstructed it so put in a ticket.

I specifically stated the set and style and level of the resto staff etc. The response I got back was along the lines of,

“I understand you have deleted your maelstrom lightening staff and want it returned”.

Blew my mind. How are these people in these jobs lol
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    You think this is anoying? Others are asking for details about chars and stuff you had bought ingame to verify your self. Even if the account wasnt used for years. No personal datas of course(trolled?).

But try to reply allways above this emails header please. The tickets i had made had the same auto replys/agent suggestions.
    And this a longer time ago.
    Edited by Atreidus on December 20, 2018 11:47AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minyassa Euhm... doesn't it say in the automated mail that "if your problem is not resolved respond to this mail"? What you described sounded like their standard practice.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Gina I have made 21 tickets reporting bots in December alone. ALL of the tickets got the same auto response telling me to ignore the bot, which obviously does nothing to solve the problem.

Not sure how responding again will be any more efficacious other than to put me a 42 reports with an autogenerated ticket

Pretty sure the problem is a little deeper then just doing a second reply.

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Hey I sent a ticket with a well detailed explanation of my issues but got a reply talking about a total different subject"
    "I got you boii, simply reply to the ticket saying that didn't help"

:) ......... lol
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    This is fairly common in many Customer Support centers for many large companies. First ticket gets routed through an automated system, which checks your subject line, etc, etc.

Sadly, this is because so many support requests get opened to deal with stuff that could have been solved in a few minutes if the person had just checked the help available online. Sometimes, after requesting help, they actually do try to solve the problem, and do resolve the problem, and then never update the request.

An automated knowledge base response helps filter out those people, while providing the best assistance possible without a human agent being assigned to it. That allows the human agents to focus on people who follow up on the automated response. Those people are more likely to actually need the human agent to get their problem resolved.

ZOS reportedly uses a mix of employee/contractors and an outside company to do customer support. Obviously, I don't know the details.

Edited by Elsonso on December 20, 2018 11:55AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Gina. Will do that. Just know guys this is not the way Support should be working because I clearly explained the situation. It feels like if a defective robot took my case.

Indeed would be nice for human in front actually. Then so many bugs wouldn't feel unnoticed.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha! I've never even received an auto response. I no longer send tickets. Everyone's working in the Balancing Department.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could you please help me? Support made a mistake, it's urgent, and they haven't rolled back the mistake yet. Ticket number is Incident: 181219-001743.

Thank you!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    ha! I've never even received an auto response. I no longer send tickets. Everyone's working in the Balancing Department.

you misspelled "crown store"
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A long time ago I had an issue with cyrodiil quests not working on one character. The support response was to power off my Xbox, wait 30 seconds and power it on.

I told them I could do that, but since I play on PC I'm not sure how that would help.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    A while back a friend crafted me a staff in a style I didn’t have. I accidentally deconstructed it so put in a ticket.

I specifically stated the set and style and level of the resto staff etc. The response I got back was along the lines of,

“I understand you have deleted your maelstrom lightening staff and want it returned”.

Blew my mind. How are these people in these jobs lol

That person was doing you a huge solid... Lol
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience you need to be clear on what you're trying to explain.

Mine only took hours for them to get a reply that it took me longer to reply to them because of my schedule. Issue was resolved in less than 12 hours and they have been very helpful. However, if the reply makes no sense, simply reply on that email and a staff will accommodate you.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first response is just an auto-response based on what category you submitted the ticket into/any keywords. Sometimes it will be completely irrelevant.

Replying to that will result in an actual human response. Support is actually pretty great in this game. Most people just seem to give up at the automated response though.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 21, 2018 7:01AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @Minyassa Euhm... doesn't it say in the automated mail that "if your problem is not resolved respond to this mail"? What you described sounded like their standard practice.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that if it was standard to expect to have to respond to an autoresponse, it would say "Please respond to this mail with a detailed description of your problem" rather than "If"? It's that very part that makes me think that they shouldn't be shunting this off to autoresponses 100% of the time. I've dealt with companies whose tech support actually does run on autoresponse as a regular thing and their emails in response to tickets actually SAY that, something along the lines of "this is an auto-response and if you really need help please supply more detail now." I guess might just be another communication/clarity issue.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's be honest, the ticket system is the last crap.

When I reported an error these days, I wanted to add a screenshot of that error. Instead of allowing me to add a screenshot from the screenshot folder, the ticket system made a shot of my char the time I pressed *Send*.

I'm not in the mood of using this crap any longer and will not report further errors. Also I'm not surprised that the ticket processing is not superiour to the reporting system, rather the opposite.