The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA : A simple trick to help reduce lag

• Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberblast wrote: »
    You would find such a thing by profiling network load or application processes (e.g. class/function calls). Such things need to be done during a performance analysis - especially when developing a public facing internet server application - very especially when dealing with a heavy load real time application on what they call a mega server.
    But we should be happy now that finally something has been found...

Seems reasonable to except this, unless they totally miscalculated what acceptable perimeters and the calculated affects.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I put gibberish in the guild member search area, it only holds it for that particular guild, not for other guilds. If I put it in all guilds, it only holds the last one I do. How are you all getting it to hold for all your guilds?
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    A fix for this in in progress. Dungeonfinder was 1st. Thats, what i had read. Latest patch was today.
    The ultra optimisation had been pushed to today.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Well, some magazines are talking about this situation in ESO.
    Edited by Iskras on December 11, 2018 2:16AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

Which ones?
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I put gibberish in the guild member search area, it only holds it for that particular guild, not for other guilds. If I put it in all guilds, it only holds the last one I do. How are you all getting it to hold for all your guilds?

Place in the filter by, then exit the roster page. It applies. Or download the addon ArkadiusGuildRosterUpadteBlock to have it applied automatically.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

Care to send a link? Thx.
    XBox One - NA
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, now I understand why I didn't really had any lag problem in the game - I'm not a member of any guild. But it seems strange that nobody ever noticed that during development...
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People still read magazines?
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please say which or provide link otherwise it is just hear say.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on an Xbox One S, NA server. I got notified of this trick 2 days ago.

I am in 5 guilds that are between 450 -500 members each. Cyrodiil has been a gawd-awful "I'm disconnecting!", frame-stuttering, Long Load Screen between keeps, kick-you-right-before-the-tick struggle bus until 2 days ago. Then someone in the major Ebonheart Pact guild I recently joined clued us all in.

I put my own name in the search bar for one guild and it stays like that for all guilds until I log off, or change the search. The trick is to put your OWN name in I believe because YOU are already on and it knows where YOU are LOL. I still get random disconnects and freeze up from time to time, but wow! I really feel the difference! As a previous poster said, it feels much more fluid, I can be in the heart of big battles at keeps/castles/forts or at choke points, I don't miss ticks too much anymore.

Xbox One players don't have the ability to install "add ons". However, it does seem that putting in your own name in one guild and hitting search sets it for all guilds. It stays that way until I log out or change it, so that is a good thing. Now my check list for Cyrodiil before entering the Vivec campaign goes like this:

1) Repair Armor
    2) Charge Weapons
    3) Check / swap skills
    4) Check / craft pots
    5) Craft food / eat food
    6) Take off costume / put on PvP Guild Tabard
    *NEW!*
    7) Search own name in guild roster

Thank you OP!
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »
    I am on an Xbox One S, NA server. I got notified of this trick 2 days ago.

I am in 5 guilds that are between 450 -500 members each. Cyrodiil has been a gawd-awful "I'm disconnecting!", frame-stuttering, Long Load Screen between keeps, kick-you-right-before-the-tick struggle bus until 2 days ago. Then someone in the major Ebonheart Pact guild I recently joined clued us all in.

I put my own name in the search bar for one guild and it stays like that for all guilds until I log off, or change the search. The trick is to put your OWN name in I believe because YOU are already on and it knows where YOU are LOL. I still get random disconnects and freeze up from time to time, but wow! I really feel the difference! As a previous poster said, it feels much more fluid, I can be in the heart of big battles at keeps/castles/forts or at choke points, I don't miss ticks too much anymore.

Xbox One players don't have the ability to install "add ons". However, it does seem that putting in your own name in one guild and hitting search sets it for all guilds. It stays that way until I log out or change it, so that is a good thing. Now my check list for Cyrodiil before entering the Vivec campaign goes like this:

1) Repair Armor
    2) Charge Weapons
    3) Check / swap skills
    4) Check / craft pots
    5) Craft food / eat food
    6) Take off costume / put on PvP Guild Tabard
    *NEW!*
    7) Search own name in guild roster

Thank you OP!

This gives me hope :)
    Edited by SanguineMyBrother on December 12, 2018 6:11PM
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    So, since I started playing pvp about 1 month ago, I've never been able to rush the flags in a defended keep because the game would aways drop to atrocious fps, crash, and send me back to Xbox's home screen. I also had many crashes in medium-sized fights outside of keeps. I have a basic Xbox 1, with the game installed directly on it's hard drive, so it might be the most fragile setup, but this situation has pulled me back from Cyro to a point where I was only playing BGs.

All this until last night, where I could'nt queue in any BG or dungeon, because the damn group finder was bugged again. So I decided to hop in Cyro, to begin to farm my tier 1 reward for the month. Someone in my random group told us that a great way to reduce lag was to type your own name in the search tab of the guild roster. It reduced cpu usage or wathever. I thought this was a load of bs, but I tried it anyway, since it doesn't cost much. Well, believe it or not, after that I was able to rush the flags in 3 heavily defended keeps without too many lag spikes and no crash at all. Well, not too many lag spikes for this game anyway...

I know it's just 1 session and it doesn't mean much, but all 3 pops were locked and there was a lot of people, so it's pretty encouraging for now. Try it yourself and tell us if it helps!

is this a froggin joke? if this really is true I find it hard to believe zos has not just implemented this fix already... that would be a whole new level of incomprehensible incompetence.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on December 12, 2018 6:23PM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    So, since I started playing pvp about 1 month ago, I've never been able to rush the flags in a defended keep because the game would aways drop to atrocious fps, crash, and send me back to Xbox's home screen. I also had many crashes in medium-sized fights outside of keeps. I have a basic Xbox 1, with the game installed directly on it's hard drive, so it might be the most fragile setup, but this situation has pulled me back from Cyro to a point where I was only playing BGs.

All this until last night, where I could'nt queue in any BG or dungeon, because the damn group finder was bugged again. So I decided to hop in Cyro, to begin to farm my tier 1 reward for the month. Someone in my random group told us that a great way to reduce lag was to type your own name in the search tab of the guild roster. It reduced cpu usage or wathever. I thought this was a load of bs, but I tried it anyway, since it doesn't cost much. Well, believe it or not, after that I was able to rush the flags in 3 heavily defended keeps without too many lag spikes and no crash at all. Well, not too many lag spikes for this game anyway...

I know it's just 1 session and it doesn't mean much, but all 3 pops were locked and there was a lot of people, so it's pretty encouraging for now. Try it yourself and tell us if it helps!

is this a froggin joke? if this really is true I find it hard to believe zos has not just implemented this fix already... that would be a whole new level of incomprehensible incompetence.

See page 3 for ZOS Confirmation of issue.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Why is this thread not stickied, with the Add-on put at the top?

This is a major QOL performance increase.
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the trick this helps a bit
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

Please say which or provide link otherwise it is just hear say.

Or not even that.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    i will try this but im in 5 guilds. So whats the deal? Do it in 1 random guild or in the 1 with the most members...?
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will try this but im in 5 guilds. So whats the deal? Do it in 1 random guild or in the 1 with the most members...?

Just needs to be placed in one guild, dose not matter which one.

If you are on PC there is an addon that applies it automatically. See my sig for the name.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Why is this thread not stickied, with the Add-on put at the top?

This is a major QOL performance increase.

Because they’re ashamed and try to cover up as much as they can.

Last week, I asked @ZOS_GinaBruno what was their corporate plan to reduce the lag their playerbase is experiencing. Since it is a major issue and such a statement would fit nicely with ZOS’ supposed new plan to better communicate, I was expecting an answer within 1 or 2 days. Well, believe it or not, this thread has been ignored by ZOS ever since.

Please note that I’m not blaming Gina for this. She’s an employee that communicate what her bosses want to share, and even though they tried to make us believe that they wanted to be more transparent, facts show us that they will continue to run this game with an understaffed team while trying to sell as much crown store *** as they can. That’s the difference between a company that sell the best product they can, because they’re proud of it, and a company that tries to make as much money as they can.

I personnally unsubbed 2 weeks ago to start rdr2 and other games. Sadly, I don’t plan to come back anytime soon. This game had so much potential...
    Edited by Swomp23 on December 15, 2018 1:12AM
    XBox One - NA
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Update: We do have a (untested) fix for this issue, but we want to make sure we do thorough testing on it first and not rush it into a patch. Our plan is to have this fix included in the next update.

...and nothing change...we still with a HUGE lag in prime time USA... ESO become a umplayable game.
    Edited by Iskras on December 15, 2018 1:23AM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: We do have a (untested) fix for this issue, but we want to make sure we do thorough testing on it first and not rush it into a patch. Our plan is to have this fix included in the next update.

...and nothing change...we still with a HUGE lag in prime time USA... ESO become a umplayable game.

That is update 21 she is talking about in Q1 2019

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

That is update 21 she is talking about in Q1 2019

Oh, nice, ty for the info. i hope some improve in 2019 too :)
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow. This helped me majorly this evening.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This helped me majorly this evening.

Excellent, it has helped both Console and PC players. Keeping finding players that have no idea about this or that it can help.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, time for a Plan B IMHO. The lag in Cyrodiil still makes it non-enjoyable at best, flat out unplayable at worst on weekend nights (and also on some week nights as well). Those optimizations you've made over the past few years have helped, but as the game has gained in complexity those improvements are slowly eroding, and we`re getting back to a stage where at times you are unable to use skills while in combat. Trying to defend a keep when 30 ennemies are coming in is an exercise in futility - you keep trying to use that oil, only to be told 2 seconds later that "the Pact Oil is currently busy". By the time your oil finally pours, the enemy raid is already inside, and all you can do now is run for your life.

Please tell us you DO have a "plan B" to address the performance issues for 2019?
    Edited by RMerlin on December 17, 2018 9:06PM
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    ZOS, time for a Plan B IMHO. The lag in Cyrodiil still makes it non-enjoyable at best, flat out unplayable at worst on weekend nights (and also on some week nights as well). Those optimizations you've made over the past few years have helped, but as the game has gained in complexity those improvements are slowly eroding, and we`re getting back to a stage where at times you are unable to use skills while in combat. Trying to defend a keep when 30 ennemies are coming in is an exercise in futility - you keep trying to use that oil, only to be told 2 seconds later that "the Pact Oil is currently busy". By the time your oil finally pours, the enemy raid is already inside, and all you can do now is run for your life.

Please tell us you DO have a "plan B" to address the performance issues for 2019?

There was never a plan A, how can there be a plan B? Lol
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plan B is myth and as people stated there never has been plan A either regarding Cyrodiil.'

Did test this somedays ago and it helped somewhat. Still lags and that makes you wonder how much else similar non-essential updating the game does in the background.

Also mirrors pretty much Bethesda/ZoS practise that there has been silence and no rush to officially fix these. They are busy updating their crown store so gameplay issues will remain D class priority.

Unfortunately have promised to help a friend get his emp on this game in january thus will have to "enjoy" the functionality of Cyrodiil in january. Not especially looking forward to it. If anything the ignorance have thought that there are other games available which function a lot better than ESO and they actually seem to be intrested in fixing issues.

As for this trick.. yes.. everyone should do it who is playing Cyrodiil. This is just lazy and incompetent coding nothing else.

Merry Christmas though....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to reiterate, we have a fix for this planned for our next update, and we can't rush it into an incremental because we need time to thoroughly test and make sure it doesn't affect anything else. Also, this fix will only affect FPS, and you'll see the most noticeable difference if you're in larger guilds and play on a lower end machine. It does not fix lag.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to reiterate, we have a fix for this planned for our next update, and we can't rush it into an incremental because we need time to thoroughly test and make sure it doesn't affect anything else. Also, this fix will only affect FPS, and you'll see the most noticeable difference if you're in larger guilds and play on a lower end machine. It does not fix lag.

But how many more things like this are out there, I wonder? How many simple oversights in coding that could be causing massive FPS loss, extra stress on the servers leading to performance issues, the myriad of combat related bugs and issues we are being plagued with currently...

ZoS really needs to stop developing the next DLC and take a patch cycle to fix their base game. Call it a QoL patch, call it a maintenance patch, whatever. Performance is at an ALL time low on console, and that is saying something. PvP in cyrodiil is becoming so frustratingly unplayable that even dedicated players like myself are starting to simply not play the game due to lack of enjoyable pvp content. Even battlegrounds have been completely crippled by a failed attempt at an MMR system which creates 10 minutes - 1 hour long ques for content that we used to be able to que into within 1-2 minutes, EVERY TIME. If you can't FIX the PvP combat that was ADVERTISED WITH THE GAMES LAUNCH YEARS AGO, at least revert your stupid *** changes to battlegrounds to make it PLAYABLE FOR THE PLAYERS WHO ENJOY PVP THE MOST.

It is very clear that zenimax does not care, at all, about player vs player on their game. This is most likely the least profitable margin of players on ESO and as such, it receives the most neglect. As one of the above posters said, they are almost exclusively focused on crown store and upcoming DLC related content rather than fixing their game.

Disgusting.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster