I would LOVE to see the 2019 Q1 or Q2 patch be a Homestead-themed anniversary celebration / update. It would be cool if any of the following were implemented before then, but if not... let's celebrate the 2nd anniversary of Homestead with an update that includes...
- Guildhall Functionality: Ability for a guild master to set a house they own as a guildhall, meaning: guildies could port to it independently of it being the guildmaster's primary residence, bankers in the guildhall would give access to that guild's bank and guildstore, merchant could repair items, and a message board implemented that could act as a message of the day as well as a "trading post" for guildies to trade with each other. Other functionality could be added later, but I think these are the community's priorities.
- New Small & Medium houses: One new, themed, small-sized house added to each Alliance, and one new medium size. (Treehouse, Ayleid ruin, pirate ship (only the ship), etc.). We have a ton of huge houses now, and they're difficult to decorate. The community's been asking for themed houses... they don't have to be huge, limited-time extravaganzas.
- Limited Time Housing Re-list: Re-offer every single limited-time house, even if only for a short duration - perhaps a rolling wave, each offered for 3 days, one at a time over the month.
- More Open Plots of Land: A flat, open, build-your-own-house area added to each Alliance, outside in the normal world, no pocket dimensions or weird sky.
- Structural Building Items: Race-specific structural items added to every basic home goods vendor so we can build a house w/o using Alinor items exclusively.
- Combination Items: Lots and lots of "combination items" created out of existing pieces so we use 1 item slot instead of many - versions of every bookshelf with books included, versions of every wine rack that includes bottles, vases with flowers in them, ink pot & quill together, serving tray with a wine bottle and glasses on it, pre-made themed "clutter" (papers, scrolls & books for a desk, soul gems & tools for an enchanting area, mortar & pestle + herb bundles + vials for an alchemy station...) and so on. I really want to see these things being added to our available patterns, hopefully long before 2019 - THIS is how we deal with the item count issues.
- Daily Rewards of cool housing items.
- Housing-themed Crown Crates
- Misc: Other ideas that have been suggested on the forums a million times - bards/npcs we could put in the home, mounts w/o saddles, pets that can wander around, more water features, the ability to dye furnishing items, etc.
Check out my gaming blog: lettersfromtamriel.wordpress.com