Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Anniversary 2019 / Update Wish List

Zells
Zells
✭✭✭
I would LOVE to see the 2019 Q1 or Q2 patch be a Homestead-themed anniversary celebration / update. It would be cool if any of the following were implemented before then, but if not... let's celebrate the 2nd anniversary of Homestead with an update that includes...

- Guildhall Functionality: Ability for a guild master to set a house they own as a guildhall, meaning: guildies could port to it independently of it being the guildmaster's primary residence, bankers in the guildhall would give access to that guild's bank and guildstore, merchant could repair items, and a message board implemented that could act as a message of the day as well as a "trading post" for guildies to trade with each other. Other functionality could be added later, but I think these are the community's priorities.

- New Small & Medium houses: One new, themed, small-sized house added to each Alliance, and one new medium size. (Treehouse, Ayleid ruin, pirate ship (only the ship), etc.). We have a ton of huge houses now, and they're difficult to decorate. The community's been asking for themed houses... they don't have to be huge, limited-time extravaganzas.

- Limited Time Housing Re-list: Re-offer every single limited-time house, even if only for a short duration - perhaps a rolling wave, each offered for 3 days, one at a time over the month.

- More Open Plots of Land: A flat, open, build-your-own-house area added to each Alliance, outside in the normal world, no pocket dimensions or weird sky.

- Structural Building Items: Race-specific structural items added to every basic home goods vendor so we can build a house w/o using Alinor items exclusively.

- Combination Items: Lots and lots of "combination items" created out of existing pieces so we use 1 item slot instead of many - versions of every bookshelf with books included, versions of every wine rack that includes bottles, vases with flowers in them, ink pot & quill together, serving tray with a wine bottle and glasses on it, pre-made themed "clutter" (papers, scrolls & books for a desk, soul gems & tools for an enchanting area, mortar & pestle + herb bundles + vials for an alchemy station...) and so on. I really want to see these things being added to our available patterns, hopefully long before 2019 - THIS is how we deal with the item count issues.

- Daily Rewards of cool housing items.

- Housing-themed Crown Crates

- Misc: Other ideas that have been suggested on the forums a million times - bards/npcs we could put in the home, mounts w/o saddles, pets that can wander around, more water features, the ability to dye furnishing items, etc.
Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    [SUMMERSET SPOILERS]

So in Sotha Sil's workshop in Artauem, there's a full Dwarven Colossus hanging in a corner.
    6rd5nakxkwde.png
    232omjmqc3ea.png

It's hanging to the ceiling via a connector.
    tigay1wyls0k.png

Any chance we can get this big boy for our own housing in some way?
    nnqtiu90ebk5.png
    [/quote]

• immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Housing had the biggest impact on the game, even if you are not into housing at all.

And it doesn't have an anniversary event?...……….
    Edited by immozz01 on August 4, 2018 8:22AM
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    [SUMMERSET SPOILERS]

So in Sotha Sil's workshop in Artauem, there's a full Dwarven Colossus hanging in a corner.

I love him, too. :)
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely need more smaller houses. For the longest time, my primary residence was Hundings Palatial Hall. Last night, i bought Bouldertree Refuge instead and made it my primary.

Hunding's is cool, and I have it well decorated, but it's simply wayyyy too big. Same with all the fancy houses. Give me some nice smaller ones, yeah? ----Also, plz raise population caps.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the medium sized homes. I want something dark and eerie. So far I haven't seen anything that matches my needs. But yes, I do think they should bring back the limited time homes.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regarding re-releasing limited-time homes, they have re-released Pariah's Pinnacle for the Orsinium anniversary. They could, then hopefully re-release Tel Galen during a Morrowind anniversary event (now that it's a DLC, it could happen), Dawnlight Palace during TG anniversary, Linchal and/or Erstwhile during DB anniversary (although, these were lumped together this past year for an anniversary, so I doubt they'd release 2 or 3 LT homes at the same time).

It may be wishful thinking, but it's entirely possible that future DLC anniversary events could see the return of these LT homes. Also, Topal could see a return with Murkmire. It's seems Argonian in terms of the style of the structures, and the furnishings that came with the furnished version as well as the limited-time furnishing packs were mostly Argonian.

I, too, would like to see something happen in the way of an anniversary event for housing. A special house (for gold) could be created each year. I'd prefer these to be small/medium.

I'd also like to see a house introduced for the New Life Festival, as they did with the Witches Festival. Maybe one for the Jesters Festival (a pocket realm in the Shivering Isles?).

And yes, more furnishing items to be able to build your own structures - SS is a good start.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 8, 2018 9:44PM
  • sunwalkyr
    sunwalkyr
    Soul Shriven
    I think a neat addition that would spur furnishing a house and create an extra spur to explore and attain different achievements would be to have your toons performing actions in your house based on fully completed skill trees and achievements attained. Like, when I enter my house a toon with 50 provisioning is using a cooking fire, while a different toon is sleeping in a bed and my newly created, low-level toon is sweeping the foyer. I know I'd put my effort in building an environment if when I got to my house, it felt more... alive. Or allow us to craft fabricant servants or see my tank and a dps sparring in the yard. I think this will breath life into our homes that all our characters share.
  • Shadowfell
    Shadowfell
    ✭✭
    Guild hall - big tick!
    New Small & Medium houses - big tick too!
    Combination Items - agreed

Would love mannequins that we could put sets on - and click to wear..."hang on will just run home and get my PvP gear on"
    Nine Trait Crafting Argonian Templar!

PSN James2908
    Guild: Stinkhorn Ridge Hoppers
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really need new homes in the middle category. In all the styles.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Lascelly
    Lascelly
    ✭✭✭
    Increase of item count please, especially on the notable homes.
    I do stuff, and things happen!

#NordLivesMatter
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Waves to Zells*

1. I would love for them to introduce the gardening system that they said in this interview (last question at the bottom of the page) was coming at a later update. Hey, ZOS... it's "later" now... can we have gardening/farming yet? ;)

2. I'd also like to see more life brought into housing by way of pets and mounts being able to move around some (as others have mentioned). Even a small path of movement would be better than the glued to one place pets and mounts we have now.

3. I'd like to see more items that you can interact with.

4. And, as others have mentioned... more moving water elements!

5. I loved the idea of getting cool housing items as daily rewards!! Please ZOS can we haz that??

6. I want more housing slots.. I know why there can supposedly never be more slots.. but this is a *wish list* and I wish for more housing slots!

Edited by TerraDewBerry on December 18, 2018 6:36PM
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    It's 2022, and I just noticed this thread in my account list-of-threads and decided to take a look at it.

I'd just like to say a public THANK YOU to ZOS for how many things we asked for in this list that have been done.

Someone brought up pathing in a reply and at the time I thought that would never, ever happen. Now I have a Blackfeather banker flying around my house in search of shinies. Amazing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Housing has really grown by leaps and bounds.

I am still hoping we'll see a housing themed event! :)