Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO getting close to 5 years. PvP still unplayable...

Raknosh
Raknosh
✭✭✭✭
There's been a lot of discussions about what's killing PvP. Some says it's bugs, some say it's lack of incentives, lack of pop, too zergy, faction swappers, ect. WRONG

It's the simple fact that Cyrodill is still *** unplayable after almost 5 years... How is it acceptable that your skills works only half the time...

Wake up Zos, PvP is half the game but its treated like ***..
Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously it’s not unplayable since 5 years later people are still playing. Ever try going somewhere besides vibes? What Vivec population doesn’t realize is everyone could have decent gameplay if some of the population migrated.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously it’s not unplayable since 5 years later people are still playing. Ever try going somewhere besides vibes? What Vivec population doesn’t realize is everyone could have decent gameplay if some of the population migrated.

Idk, tonight the server was so bad that i watched Netflix instead
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Shor or Sotha. Yes it’s crap that ESO can’t support anywhere near the pop cap on its campaigns. ZOS should probably lower caps again and get people to spread out. Idk why people are so adverse to playing outside of Vivec, especially when it’s just continually awful.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On Ps4 NA we are around 25% of the remainder of the PvP population that still plays. From 6 full campaigns around the clock to barely 3 bars total through the campaigns.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh but I've avoided the main campaign like plague for a really long time. The problem is that the other campaigns are barely alive. When you capture the 3 resources and no one shows up, you know somethings wrong...
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Go to Shor or Sotha. Yes it’s crap that ESO can’t support anywhere near the pop cap on its campaigns.

I might remember wrong but, wasn't the pop capped to 600 per faction at release? That'd be 6x today's pop and the lag wasn't worse than today..
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Go to Shor or Sotha. Yes it’s crap that ESO can’t support anywhere near the pop cap on its campaigns. ZOS should probably lower caps again and get people to spread out. Idk why people are so adverse to playing outside of Vivec, especially when it’s just continually awful.

Why? Maybe they should fix their servers instead..you expect me to spend 50 minutes just to find 1 enemy or get zerged down because 1 alliance has all the pop?

The other servers are dead outside of primetime and unfortunately not everyone gets to play at primetime
  • Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    People don’t like going to non cp since it takes actual skill and knowledge and can’t rely on cp for a crutch
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Heimpai or continue to throw the same temper tantrum for 5 years about “they ShOuLd FiX tHeIr sErvErs,” rather than be the change and facilitate it for better gameplay across all the campaigns. If all the people like you that whined spread out across the campaigns there would be no issue.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support going to shor. 99% of you arent getting emp anyway and tier 3 rewards are easy to catch up to. Go for good fights. Spread out. Except the ball groups. You all can go crash into each other at Vivec. Get enough people to do it and there will be good fights.

Of course I say this while all the people I know are set on Vivec. I want to convince them to move as well.
    Edited by technohic on December 17, 2018 2:43AM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Heimpai or continue to throw the same temper tantrum for 5 years about “they ShOuLd FiX tHeIr sErvErs,” rather than be the change and facilitate it for better gameplay across all the campaigns. If all the people like you that whined spread out across the campaigns there would be no issue.

I haven’t even been here for a year...and i was homed in sotha every campaign since i started till this one sooo, I’d rather fight with *** servers than there be no fights at all
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it really such an absurd thing to ask for? A playable server? I dont think it is
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Is it really such an absurd thing to ask for? A playable server? I dont think it is

Sotha plays better than Vivec as far as performance. Skys is right in the aspect that they need to spread out.

My suggestion is lower the “pop locked” number of Vivec to make the queue system longer.

I’m doing that make Shor a 15 day campaign that rewards 25 transmute crystals at its completion. Have this camp scored the exact same way as Vivec so those who do not have 30 days to dedicate can go here and attempt emp, gold rewards, etc.

Incentivize Sotha more becaue it’s truly only popular on PC NA. It’s dead on consoles.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    I might remember wrong but, wasn't the pop capped to 600 per faction at release? That'd be 6x today's pop and the lag wasn't worse than today..

More of the load was client side back then, which led to rampant cheating. Moving it server side fixed (most of) the cheating but increased server load so much, they had no choice but to start removing other things. Namely players, wildlife, flowers and playability.
    Edited by VagabondAngel on December 17, 2018 4:18PM
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Either make Shor a 30 day camp or make a new 30 day cp camp and lower the population limit.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Haashhtaag started a thread to lower campaign populations. A lot of people are being extremely vocal about it not working... it would work though. Add increased rewards to shor for people who switch for a month. It would pick up or it’ll further kill pvp. Either way works because shor will gain a pop and vivec will become more playable or shor remains dead and vivec becomes more playable. At some point people will give up on 200-300 player queues.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    To anyone that says, “wUt aBoUt LaRgE sCaLe bAtTlEs,” I didn’t know that freezing in place for 10 seconds, disconnecting, skills not triggering, health desyncs, sliding bodies, and a million other bugs resulting from lag make the experience enjoyable or a battle... seems more like Russian Roulette... what faction will maintain the largest number of players that won’t disconnect?... this a winner is decided.
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 22, 2018 3:38AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real problem is people can't just play a game they have to cheat because they are small people who imo are pathetic. This caused zos to change aspects of thier server which n turn screw up everyone else. The problem is cheaters ruin the fun for everyone else.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes what about big battles, they didn't used to freeze and it's really the whole point of cyro. Large scale pvp in the form of keep siege. It's like literally the entire concept behind cyrodiil AvAvA.

So yes, What about large scale battles
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To anyone that says, “wUt aBoUt LaRgE sCaLe bAtTlEs,” I didn’t know that freezing in place for 10 seconds, disconnecting, skills not triggering, health desyncs, sliding bodies, and a million other bugs resulting from lag make the experience enjoyable or a battle... seems more like Russian Roulette... what faction will maintain the largest number of players that won’t disconnect?... this a winner is decided.

My only issue is lag..and pvdooring on dead campaigns doesn’t count as pvp
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Datthaw apparently it is absurd to ask for playable servers that are at max population because everyone has been asking for 5 years and they haven’t fixed it. Anytime anyone brings up an idea a million people rush to put it down so there is no consensus from the community to make push for ZOS to test changes.
    Also, large scale battles do exists in shor during primetime with no lag.

@Heimpai no one would dispute that pvdooring isn’t pvping.

If you want a quick fix to the lag issues, find a way to get everyone on board to spread population across campaigns or across the map. I have a list of what I think are relatively simple ideas.

My list of 3 least controversial ideas:
    1. Incentivize players who relocate to from vivec to another campaign. Increased rewards(transmute, gold, gold items).
    2. Increase rewards in other campaigns for an extended period of time (provide 30 days rewards for each 7 day campaign for 2 months?).
    3. Faction lock accounts by campaign.

More controversial ideas:
    1. Reduce population cap.
    2. Debuff (flat wd/sd, flat resistance TBD) more than 50 players (not group based, but area) are in a certain radius while in the radius.
    3. Buff (flat wd/sd, flat resistance TBD) players when the ratio is 6 to 1 or greater.
    4. No AP for killing players when in group of 12 or larger, but AP for objectives still.

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, large scale battles do exists in shor during primetime with no lag.
    I'm skeptical about that. Last I checked, the pops were 1-1-1 in friday primetime.
    At some point people will give up on 200-300 player queues.
    That's extremely exaggerated lol. Even when we're locked, we can get in instantly most of the time. Personally, last time I've seen a queue was during midyear mayhem.

I don't disagree with your ideas tho. I just feel like there as to be something that can be done to optimize the server load. Some people think it's CP. How Sotha's doing at friday prime time, anyone know? Some people think it's proc sets or maybe Ebon/Worm/Sanctuary/Hircine. Who knows... All I know is, THERE HAS TO BE WAY, we're almost in 2019 FFS
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh you think at this point ZOS could just tell us what the issue is... and the player base probably has a couple people with the expertise to provide a solution.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh shors best time is the start of a new campaign, after that it’s meh, and usually just one faction pvdooring.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor was fun for a while but it was policed too hard and guilds didn't want to join. People would get shamed for not playing an "acceptable" way. Turned into open world duels and no faction would help because they didn't want to be a "zergling".

Shor is dead
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually PvP was good back in 2014 and maybe 2015. It looks like the more years ESO has, the PvP becomes less & less playable...
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wasn't as many proc sets back then. Look at all the sets with animations now. Wouldn't that alone increase server load?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I support going to shor. 99% of you arent getting emp anyway and tier 3 rewards are easy to catch up to. Go for good fights. Spread out. Except the ball groups. You all can go crash into each other at Vivec. Get enough people to do it and there will be good fights.

Of course I say this while all the people I know are set on Vivec. I want to convince them to move as well.

If 99% of us move to a different campaign, we are just moving the problem from one server to another.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    2. Debuff (flat wd/sd, flat resistance TBD) more than 50 players (not group based, but area) are in a certain radius while in the radius.
    Not a bad idea in principle but surely adding more calculations to large scale battles will only compound the problem.
    4. Buff (flat wd/sd, flat resistance TBD) players when the ratio is 6 to 1 or greater.
    I can see it now - Stam Wardens and DKs camping every resource all day long...
    5. No AP for killing players when in group of 12 or larger, but AP for objectives still.
    About the best idea thus far.

~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen a "large scale battle" in ANY sever since 1T. 1 full raid from each alliance in the same place at the same time is not large scale compared to what we used to have.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I have not seen a "large scale battle" in ANY sever since 1T. 1 full raid from each alliance in the same place at the same time is not large scale compared to what we used to have.

Yeah I could have sworn that there was the entire server at one spot during 1T times and the only lag I had was from FPS (used the 32 bit client at the time). When did it start to go wrong? After Homestead and Morrowind, how coincidental...