The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/
Maintenance for the week of January 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 21
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 22, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 09:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

ESO getting close to 5 years. PvP still unplayable...

  • digitallego
    Raknosh wrote: »
    There's been a lot of discussions about what's killing PvP. Some says it's bugs, some say it's lack of incentives, lack of pop, too zergy, faction swappers, ect. WRONG

    It's the simple fact that Cyrodill is still *** unplayable after almost 5 years... How is it acceptable that your skills works only half the time...

    Wake up Zos, PvP is half the game but its treated like ***..

    i think reason why pvp was killed, non availability of incentives. Also Cyrodiil monotony. And zos destroyed solo style game. You will getting some fail if want play against zerg in alone or small group.
    Therefore people more prefers play in Vivec there is some possibillity for solo gaming if you have right champions build and high player skills. That's impossible for non-chp campaign where are whole dominated zergs
    Edited by digitallego on December 27, 2018 4:57AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »
    I have not seen a "large scale battle" in ANY sever since 1T. 1 full raid from each alliance in the same place at the same time is not large scale compared to what we used to have.

    Yeah I could have sworn that there was the entire server at one spot during 1T times and the only lag I had was from FPS (used the 32 bit client at the time). When did it start to go wrong? After Homestead and Morrowind, how coincidental...

    What really went wrong was cheat engine was easy to use because the server processed much of the info on the client side. But like normal with anything competitive, people cheat, people cheat because they have small personalities and smaller skill. It got so bad that zos had to move the mass of calculations to the main server. We have lagged ever since, all because some *** were getting killed and had to cheat because they a no skill no life virgin
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are just so many threads like this one everywhere these days .... Almost every ESO forum has them ... So embarrasing
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVE Eternal Destiny
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's more embarrassing is zos doesnt seem to respond much, if at all, about these issues.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think its a combination of lag, *** poor balance and fraction swapping
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very rarely suffer from lag issues but last night, I couldn't weapon swap or use any skill. Couldn't dodge roll or jump. And that was while engaging in small fights. Worst performance I have ever had. That's saying a lot being as I used to play exclusively in the old Azura's Star lag fest server.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what will really help the lag? Another pvp event, because lordy knows we all want those stupid mount feathers.
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who spends the majority of time PvPing, it sucks that I now have to limit myself to playing NON prime time. The thought of fighting someone with the recent lag at prime time makes me cringe. :s :s
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously it’s not unplayable since 5 years later people are still playing. Ever try going somewhere besides vibes? What Vivec population doesn’t realize is everyone could have decent gameplay if some of the population migrated.

    I would say it is unplayable for 90% or more of the people that would like to play in Cyrodiil. People have quit over the years because at some point over the last 5 years it became unplayable for them and their computers. Now we are left with the 10% of people who still have enough horsepower to play in Cyrodiil, and now even for them it is getting to the point that they can't play either. If the system requirements to play in Cyrodiil were the same as they are to play WOW I believe we would have more servers than we currently have and they would be full for a much greater part of each day than they currently are.

    When people say the server has been unplayable for the last 5 years it is true, and it has become more unplayable for more people and more computer systems over time. My system is currently now at the borderline and if server performance gets incrementally worse in the next patch/update as it has in the last few, then I may also be included in the unplayable side of the equation. Just because my system can currently play there now doesn't mean that everyone's system that would like to play there can. For many it has become unplayable in the last year, for many more in the year before that, for many many more in the year before that and so on. If the trend continues I will also find it unplayable in the near future.
    Edited by Ranger209 on January 8, 2019 2:04AM
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen any MMO do combat on a large scale and make it run smoothly. After years of playing MMO's, I have come to the conclusion that the technology just isn't there.

    When you actually understand all the data that is going back and forth between a server and client and all the processing that takes place on the server in relation to that data, it's amazing that it runs as well as it does actually.

    This isn't a matter of throw more hardware at it, get better coders... we are talking about a problem that is technologically impossible to achieve with today's current technology in place.

    In a perfect setting where every computer was the same spec and had the same connection to the server, I think it would be possible to achieve some semblance of good performance with massive numbers of people. That's just not possible.

    If you want a good PvP performance AND have a good computer and internet connection, the best place for smooth PvP experience is the battlegrounds. This is a perfect example of an environment that just works. Every single MMO I have played that has a battleground like system always played perfectly in those environments. Why is that? It's completely logical to me... you have proper technology in place to handle those much smaller numbers.

    If I was a developer of any MMO that had massive PvP involved, I too would NOT want to ever talk about the limitations of said environment. From a business standpoint, it would be suicide to talk about the actual real world limitations of a massive PvP environment.

    What I don't understand is how anyone can stomach playing on a server with massive lag. When you are getting 3 seconds between casting your abilities... why do you continue to stay in that environment? Yet, when a campaign is pop locked and there is a queue time of a 100+ people, I just continue to scratch my head... if there is that kind of queue... why do you stay?

    Especially during this PvP event, there ARE more servers to jump on if you absolutely NEED siege PvP. So when performance gets bad, talk to your friends and MOVE to another campaign...
    Edited by Rohaus on January 14, 2019 6:18PM
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • ironbob2008
    I played in Vivec today.
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    What I don't understand is how anyone can stomach playing on a server with massive lag. When you are getting 3 seconds between casting your abilities... why do you continue to stay in that environment? Yet, when a campaign is pop locked and there is a queue time of a 100+ people, I just continue to scratch my head... if there is that kind of queue... why do you stay?

    I agree that playing in vivec during Mayhem is straight up masochism. Especially when Shor (or many other camps) has the same pop and runs much more smoothly. The problem is when there's no PvP event. Or even worse, right after Mayhems, the population drops ALOT and Vivec is the only choice left at this point in the game's life.

    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    This isn't a matter of throw more hardware at it, get better coders... we are talking about a problem that is technologically impossible to achieve with today's current technology in place.

    I disagree with that statement. 5 years, in terms of technology advancement is a LOT. Compare TES 3 and 5years later came TES 4. The graphics and combat system took a huge leap. If there is one thing I learnt from Skyrim modding community, is that assets can always be hugely optimized and improved. They just need to sit down and actually take the time to give PvP some love.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
Sign In or Register to comment.