The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How broken is ESO vs Fallout 76?

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    I played them both in Beta. ESO I preordered after the beta and have paid monthly since launch. Fallout 76 I never got after playing the beta. Many people complained about ESO at Launch, but if you wanna compare them ESO was a master piece at Launch compared to Fallout 76.

I have never seen an MMO that had a bug that you randomly logged into another persons account besides ESO in all mmo history.

Never seen that in ESO either. And never seen proof of it.

It was during the first 2 weeks of launch 5 years ago

Well never had that issue and even if some did, Fallout 76 has way worse issues...

Got to admit FO76 does have an intense amount of bugs but yet it just came out last month, and ESO still has the same bugs and glitches it had since 5 years ago.

Ok lets agree that ESO has it's issues, but i think it's still a way better game. Comparing them is actually really hard considering what kind of game Fallout 76 is.

Yeah and how far apart in time they are as well, I'm still hoping FO76 will get better cause it seems to have put out more patches faster than ESO has done at launch
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaming industry having to much pressure to release games without a complete bug/ flaw check. Glorious days when a game just had patches every 6 months.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are a downfall
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fallout 76 is a hot mess. Bethesda will just backpedal and come up with some half-assed excuse to address it all.

Just get modders to fix the gam-- oh, wait. Can't rely on the community to come up with unofficial patches now...

Maybe this is the exact issue. They got too used to community patches. Forgot the art of writing bug-free code.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallout 76 is a hot mess. Bethesda will just backpedal and come up with some half-assed excuse to address it all.

Just get modders to fix the gam-- oh, wait. Can't rely on the community to come up with unofficial patches now...

Maybe this is the exact issue. They got too used to community patches. Forgot the art of writing bug-free code.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder? No. I'm 99.99% certain this is exactly what Zenimax as an entity, including ZOS and BGS, have overly relied upon for years now as a way to get out of having to actually put in the time and resources themselves to fix their own games. They've used the fact that their games are easy to mod as a get out of jail free card when it comes to bugs and bad UIs since at least Oblivion. Even ESO is like that - this game's vanilla UI is... severely lacking. But it's easy to mod, so just let the modders give us, say, a functional marketplace UI.

Fallout 76 has the trifecta of A.) being particularly buggy, even by BGS standards, B.) having a particularly obtuse UI, again even by BGS standards, and C.) not being easily modded at launch, or anytime soon. So, unlike all of the other games under the Zenimax umbrella, it actually required them to do the work themselves, instead of relying on their community to do it for them. And they didn't. Behold the results.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on December 5, 2018 11:40PM
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder? No. I'm 99.99% certain this is exactly what Zenimax as an entity, including ZOS and BGS, have overly relied upon for years now as a way to get out of having to actually put in the time and resources themselves to fix their own games. They've used the fact that their games are easy to mod as a get out of jail free card when it comes to bugs and bad UIs since at least Oblivion. Even ESO is like that - this game's vanilla UI is... severely lacking. But it's easy to mod, so just let the modders give us, say, a functional marketplace UI.

Fallout 76 has the trifecta of A.) being particularly buggy, even by BGS standards, B.) having a particularly obtuse UI, again even by BGS standards, and C.) not being easily modded at launch, or anytime soon. So, unlike all of the other games under the Zenimax umbrella, it actually required them to do the work themselves, instead of relying on their community to do it for them. And they didn't. Behold the results.

I never even thought about this aspect. i thought it was lazy development or just plain being a cheap ass. anything really worthwhile in Skyrim was community mod. i have no skill in code or modding or any such though i made a crap load of content for neverwinter nights with that toolset. though i am baffled at where the money went in development of this game . as it released so damn stripped. when comparing to like EQ2 for example that came with fully fleshed out crafting and housing. with 16 classes for under 10 million in development.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, atleast ESO tickets don't reveal personal information to others. Fallout 76 has a huge data leak where everyone can see personal data of everyone.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/293127/bethesda-is-leaking-your-personnal-informations-through-tickets?lang=en-US&page=1
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO at launch it was Game of the Year in comparison with Fallout 76...now...probably the same in comparison.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Well, atleast ESO tickets don't reveal personal information to others. Fallout 76 has a huge data leak where everyone can see personal data of everyone.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/293127/bethesda-is-leaking-your-personnal-informations-through-tickets?lang=en-US&page=1

It was fixed like 20 minutes later I think but glad it got fixed, atleast FO76 doesn't let you randomly login to another players account at launch :p
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was fixed like 20 minutes later I think but glad it got fixed, atleast FO76 doesn't let you randomly login to another players account at launch :p

I also haven't randomly fallen through the floor in Fallout 76... yet.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I also haven't randomly fallen through the floor in Fallout 76... yet.

Perhaps, but many have probably been mentally scared for the rest of their lives.

b7tlwb2j05z11.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we comparing brokeness or shittiness here? Imo Fallout 76 takes the cake in both instances. By far. But then again it's a new game, not years old. Though I have trouble seeing any worthwhile feature for it. ESO on the other hand has tons of awesome content, is an actual mmorpg that seems to continue to grow, despite the sometimes awful performance issues and still numerous bugs.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on December 6, 2018 2:28AM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    I had hoped that by being close companies, Bethesda would take feedback from ZOS and not make the same mistakes that ZOS made when they launched TESO.

But it seems that ignoring the feedback is normal in Zenimax, even if it is from a nearby company.

Not to mention ignoring the community, it seems that ignoring the player is required to work in a Zenimax company.

They made the same mistakes, i have not doubt that in a year, when the real Beta finishes, the game will be better, as it happened with TESO...

For now i pass.

I have my doubts. They deliberately gutted the weapon modding system. This was one of the most fun and glorious parts of Fo4. And they just threw it out... how can it be better down the road when they deliberately cut off some of the very best features that was already in the engine?
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah both games have severe bugs but I like FO76 so far been playing it more than ESO atm

ive been the opposite. tried fo76 but hate it...been playing more eso recently.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both games and to be honest they are both extremely buggy, laggy and pvp side have exploits. I will say Fallout 76 has much more exploits that affect pvp (ex. duping glitch & godmode glitch). A giant zerg will lag me out in keeps in ESO but in fo76 you constantly run into bugged people or possibly hackers (like it will show they are level 0 but they are doing one shot damage and in return take absolutely no damage when you attack them). In both games, you battle lag, load screens and constant game crashes. At least ESO has a working social tab, I would say. And I don't think they've leaked personal information yet from submitting a support ticket. It's been a very interesting month reading all the negative reviews and all the new things Bethesda / Zenimax has been doing & not doing for their playerbase.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My theory is that Bethesda has been getting by for so long un-checked that they thought we would just eat their crap sandwich and roll over. Well people are getting sick of all the lazy , half complete , and just down right stupid games.
    They want content that is in tune with the target gamers and that works at least 95% of the time. plain and simple.
    If it were not for some good "elder scrolls" story content and a monicum of PVP , ESO would have been in the same boat as fallout 76.Becasue lets face it, Eso runs like a 1972 AMC Gremlin. Every time I log on, wonder if I will make it to the gas station.LOL
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    I simply do not have all these bugs and disconnect and lag issues that everyone is going on about. Is this all Cyrodil-centric? My game is silky smooth and lovely to look at.
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    I simply do not have all these bugs and disconnect and lag issues that everyone is going on about. Is this all Cyrodil-centric? My game is silky smooth and lovely to look at.

I have had a couple of disconnects and crashes, but other than that, like you, I have smooth gameplay. Might be because I don’t go into the PvP areas, but I have been with other players in the PvE areas as we try to help each other with tough creatures.
    Edited by Myrm on December 6, 2018 3:43PM
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking an apple does not make it an orange.

But it could be said that it is now a lemon....
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having great experiences with both, so I really can't say. :-o Probably FO76 though, since it's newer and hasn't had the time ESO has to fix things along the way.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • geekboy09
    geekboy09
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown crates aka lootboxes are coming to FO76
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geekboy09 wrote: »
    Crown crates aka lootboxes are coming to FO76

Of course they are. Did anyone think they weren't?
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ???
    What does F76 have to do with ESO?

Many players were hoping Fallout 76 would be their ticket out of ESO. A lot of people want to leave but there's nothing better atm.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    ???

Many players were hoping Fallout 76 would be their ticket out of ESO. A lot of people want to leave but there's nothing better atm.

Any escape from ESO is going to require a different company. Just trotting over to a Bethesda game is not really much of a ticket out. :neutral:
  • Feldon
    Feldon
    weedgenius wrote: »
    ???

How about the same publisher? Or maybe it's both developers having the same parent company? Or perhaps Todd Howard saying that ZOS helped with Fallout 76? Need more?

I was just about to say the same thing. I still umbrella Fallout/The Elder Scrolls as the same group.
    Not to mention 76 being the new online addition to that group, you cant help but compare it with ESO.

76 has a pretty good reddit community right now too and its often compared with ESO on a lot of things.
    I live in Seattle but my soul is in Tamriel
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all criticism for ESO and its weakneses, but wtf must one smoke to compare a pile of crap like fallout seventy sh!ts with ESO?!
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on August 30, 2019 7:57AM
  • VioletVience
    VioletVience
    ✭✭✭
    I really love Fallout76 and playing sience april, level 2 characters to 120. No lags in prime time, stable 90-100 fps (in Cyro was around 25-30). They do hard work to fix all bugged stuff.
    Edited by VioletVience on August 30, 2019 8:47AM
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feldon wrote: »
    weedgenius wrote: »
    ???

How about the same publisher? Or maybe it's both developers having the same parent company? Or perhaps Todd Howard saying that ZOS helped with Fallout 76? Need more?

I was just about to say the same thing. I still umbrella Fallout/The Elder Scrolls as the same group.
    Not to mention 76 being the new online addition to that group, you cant help but compare it with ESO.

76 has a pretty good reddit community right now too and its often compared with ESO on a lot of things.

Nice bit of Necromancy digging up a thread that died back around Christmas last year. Having noted that...I play both & enjoy both. FO 76 has come a long way but is still a niche game and really is a multiplayer or solo game....its not an mmorpg.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A totally and utterly inappropriate comparison.

Fallout is/was broken, full stop.

ESO is not broken. It has performance issues and balance issues just like most AAA games.
This discussion has been closed.