The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How broken is ESO vs Fallout 76?

• Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallout 76 isn't even a game, it's the distilled essence of failure and false advertising.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit I was interested by what was shown at E3 so I’ve been paying attention to all of the FO76 news this year.

When it was announced that FO76 would not be available on the Steam platform, I assumed it was related to the chronic and apparently unsolvable login issues which hit ESO Steam users from time to time. Whether the issue ultimately lies on Steam’s end or on ZOS’s end, I gave Bethesda credit for recognizing and preventing the issue from afflicting the new FO76 players.

Too late did I realize that it’s just as likely this decision was made to control (and thereby prevent) any refunds!

What do you think? Did Bethesda see the train wreck coming from afar and avoid Steam just to ensure no refunds would be allowed? Or was it because of the ESO login issue?
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    I admit I was interested by what was shown at E3 so I’ve been paying attention to all of the FO76 news this year.

When it was announced that FO76 would not be available on the Steam platform, I assumed it was related to the chronic and apparently unsolvable login issues which hit ESO Steam users from time to time. Whether the issue ultimately lies on Steam’s end or on ZOS’s end, I gave Bethesda credit for recognizing and preventing the issue from afflicting the new FO76 players.

Too late did I realize that it’s just as likely this decision was made to control (and thereby prevent) any refunds!

What do you think? Did Bethesda see the train wreck coming from afar and avoid Steam just to ensure no refunds would be allowed? Or was it because of the ESO login issue?

I seriously doubt that it was about controlling refunds. This was their first mmo and they knew it would have bugs. They are already dealing with PS and Xbox rules regarding submission/approval of content updates/fixes -- if they added Steam to the mix they would have added one more platform's hoops to jump through.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    geekboy09 wrote: »
    it seems bethesda and Zenimax are having a crisis, gods i thought eso fixed some of these bugs but each patch is ruining the game

F076 is an unplayable unrecognizable game to the franchise. ESO is playable and enjoyable but it has no longevity for a permanent large community base. you could not compare ESO to F076 even in beta ESO was a far better game. id rather go to the dentist and get a tooth extraction with no anesthetic , it would be more enjoyable then F076 . Ive not even played ESO in 6 months .

You think ESO was fun when it launched? If someone got ahold of your account but randomly logging into it and deleting your 2 week old character?

I was in beta as well and that's the first I've ever heard of that bug.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that hyperbole and using words incorrectly is all the rage these days. It means when a game is *legitimately* broken or ruined, there are no words left to express that. These days, many call something "broken" or "ruined" (or worse "game breaking") when expressing opinions based on their expectations of what they game should be.

I'm not aware of any bugs in ESO that approach the severity of current bugs in Fallout 76. ESO is fine. Fallout 76 should not have been released in its current state. I mean, I'm having a blast playing it, but it has some pretty significant issues right now. Never has my experience in ESO been as problematic as 76 is right now.

I'm guessing you weren't here at ESO launch then there was a gigantic insane enormous bug that should never hit any online game ever, you had a random chance of logging into another players account during the first 2 weeks

no..they were just commenting on your comparison and it's complete lack of relevance.
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that hyperbole and using words incorrectly is all the rage these days. It means when a game is *legitimately* broken or ruined, there are no words left to express that. These days, many call something "broken" or "ruined" (or worse "game breaking") when expressing opinions based on their expectations of what they game should be.

I'm not aware of any bugs in ESO that approach the severity of current bugs in Fallout 76. ESO is fine. Fallout 76 should not have been released in its current state. I mean, I'm having a blast playing it, but it has some pretty significant issues right now. Never has my experience in ESO been as problematic as 76 is right now.

so group finder is not working is not severe? taking down servers to maybe fix it. "ESO is fine".- Man the fanboi nr.1
    I need TP for my ***!
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »

Prior to launch when it was said no Steam version, most said it was 'cos of Beth's poor refund policy. So yes, they more than likely saw the train wreck coming and had nothing to do with the ESO login issue. Even more so since people will review bomb games like crazy, FO76 would be at an overwhelmingly negative on Steam currently.
    If they cared about the ESO login issue, they'd allow Steam users to use the eso64 launcher, instead of spending $10 to re-buy the game through ESO's website.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can’t even compare Fallout 76 to ESO.

ESO is essentially bugless by comparison.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst part about FO76 is the pvp system where anyone can attack you. Wont do much damage if you dont attack back but often people will follow you around the whole map chipping at your health and being annoying. Especially if you are a lower level.
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Worst part about FO76 is the pvp system where anyone can attack you. Wont do much damage if you dont attack back but often people will follow you around the whole map chipping at your health and being annoying. Especially if you are a lower level.

But you can block those annoying players, can’t you?
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Wow.. OP ESO is far FAR from fallout 76 broken. Even on release day ESO, even with all the bugs it had, didn't even come close to FO 76.

While I do think there are some issues that have existed in ESO since launch that never got fixed..they are fairly minor. And the lazy stance Zeni has gone with the UI (ahem...horrible guild trader interface anyone, or bank inventory management) again those are minor.

Could ESO be better...absolutely. Has Zeni done a pretty good job overall..I would say yes.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • geekboy09
    geekboy09
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what Zenimax did to help Fallout 76?
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    If fallout 76 is the measurement unit for being broken, ESO is 0.1663 Fallouts76

Despite Todd's claims to the contrary, I would wager next to nothing. Maybe they helped a little bit with the server side stuff? Although even then, that was almost entirely Bethesda Austin's wheelhouse.
  • geekboy09
    geekboy09
    ✭✭✭✭
    If fallout 76 is the measurement unit for being broken, ESO is 0.1663 Fallouts76

Despite Todd's claims to the contrary, I would wager next to nothing. Maybe they helped a little bit with the server side stuff? Although even then, that was almost entirely Bethesda Austin's wheelhouse.

true
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it seems bethesda and Zenimax are having a crisis, gods i thought eso fixed some of these bugs but each patch is ruining the game

F076 is an unplayable unrecognizable game to the franchise. ESO is playable and enjoyable but it has no longevity for a permanent large community base. you could not compare ESO to F076 even in beta ESO was a far better game. id rather go to the dentist and get a tooth extraction with no anesthetic , it would be more enjoyable then F076 . Ive not even played ESO in 6 months .

You think ESO was fun when it launched? If someone got ahold of your account but randomly logging into it and deleting your 2 week old character?

Obviously you cant read my forum date. And I've some of the earliest achievements on the vanilla dungeons . But I dont really care to argue with you
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

I've been playing it, ergo, it is not unplayable. You mean you don't like it. Yes there are some issues, but I will never understand why people need to throw their toys out of the pram tbh - it isn't "unplayable" at all.

I pre ordered and played two days of the early release and returned it. Yes I dont like it and in my opinion it was unplayable. I dont fault anyone who likes it
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing Fallout 76 and haven't really experienced many bugs at all. A couple here and there but nothing game breaking, no lag etc. I honestly don't know where the negative reviews are from unless they are all playing on console. I am playing on PC.

the design and concepts are bad. no NPC's . orignaly FO76 was being spit balled as a true MMO in the vein of ESO. some where along the line they decided this hybrid survival game with a Day Z type theory was the way to go. most likely cheaper way to go and make money of the IP. Bethseda has turned into EA . im not a fan of the game i think its horrible i refunded it after 3 days of EA . the reviews are probably the most horrid for anygame with this large of a IP and following.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »

All my friends who play Fallout76 are happily logged in gaming away at this very second. Meanwhile ESO is down for a large portion of players for the 3rd or 4th time in 24 hours. The exact same issues which have been happening for years are currently happening now. If Fallout76 is still around in 2022 and having these sort of issues, then a likely comparison can be made. Until then, ESO seems pretty buggy and suffers from poor performance. Asking for a dev reply nicely, or criticizing the game outright doesn't seem to have any affect.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With the connectivity issues been reported..... Yeah Zos definitely helped. No one else is that bad
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »

All my friends who play Fallout76 are happily logged in gaming away at this very second. Meanwhile ESO is down for a large portion of players for the 3rd or 4th time in 24 hours. The exact same issues which have been happening for years are currently happening now. If Fallout76 is still around in 2022 and having these sort of issues, then a likely comparison can be made. Until then, ESO seems pretty buggy and suffers from poor performance. Asking for a dev reply nicely, or criticizing the game outright doesn't seem to have any affect.

I also noticed the devs on the FO forums respond a whole lot quicker and give more detailed information for the questions asked as well
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »

Well who didn't see that coming?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »

I also noticed the devs on the FO forums respond a whole lot quicker and give more detailed information for the questions asked as well

that's because the game is Bran New and just released.
    in-time they not as fast and not as often.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apple's and oranges really.

I rather compare fallout76 to another PvP survival game. And if I compare it to Conan Exiles for example, Conan wins.
    Also ESO exists for 5 years and had it's share of fixes and added content.

fallout76 is still fun if you like to solo explore the world though. Most Bethesda games I played I was lost in the world exploring instead of doing quests or the story.
    But still, fo76 has so many issues and when compared to ESO, ESO is heaven.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played them both in Beta. ESO I preordered after the beta and have paid monthly since launch. Fallout 76 I never got after playing the beta. Many people complained about ESO at Launch, but if you wanna compare them, ESO was a master piece at Launch compared to Fallout 76.
    Edited by Blackleopardex on December 2, 2018 10:10AM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I played them both in Beta. ESO I preordered after the beta and have paid monthly since launch. Fallout 76 I never got after playing the beta. Many people complained about ESO at Launch, but if you wanna compare them ESO was a master piece at Launch compared to Fallout 76.

I have never seen an MMO that had a bug that you randomly logged into another persons account besides ESO in all mmo history.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played them both in Beta. ESO I preordered after the beta and have paid monthly since launch. Fallout 76 I never got after playing the beta. Many people complained about ESO at Launch, but if you wanna compare them ESO was a master piece at Launch compared to Fallout 76.

I have never seen an MMO that had a bug that you randomly logged into another persons account besides ESO in all mmo history.

Never seen that in ESO either. And never seen proof of it.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It was during the first 2 weeks of launch 5 years ago
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭

Well never had that issue and even if some did, Fallout 76 has way worse issues...
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well never had that issue and even if some did, Fallout 76 has way worse issues...

Got to admit FO76 does have an intense amount of bugs but yet it just came out last month, and ESO still has the same bugs and glitches it had since 5 years ago.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭

Got to admit FO76 does have an intense amount of bugs but yet it just came out last month, and ESO still has the same bugs and glitches it had since 5 years ago.

Ok lets agree that ESO has it's issues, but i think it's still a way better game. Comparing them is actually really hard considering what kind of game Fallout 76 is.
This discussion has been closed.