The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS Why the hell the Indrik is barking?? Very annoying sound!

• blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the noises the mounts make, it brings them to life.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is awesome ZOS is trying to keep to realistic animal noises for a fantasy animal based on a real one. These noises are unique and that makes them special imo.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the noises the mounts make, it brings them to life.

Yes, me too I like that all mounts have their noises, except when it becomes pestering, this is a 3x sound at every sprint.

Besides, it's too similar to dog barking, so totally out of place, they could have come up with something more unique and less gross for this kind of mount.

Garish wrote: »
    I think it is awesome ZOS is trying to keep to realistic animal noises for a fantasy animal based on a real one. These noises are unique and that makes them special imo.

Unique? Not so much this one, not at all, since people started looking for the dog following around.

If you are referring to the jump sound, that's kind of unique, yes, and at least is x1, not repeated like the bark.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better then lousy Cat noises
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't hear a bark at all. It reminds me of a very particular horse noise:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-S3Xp-sxxE
    stam scrub
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the way they sound.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like an elk gone wrong. Or a pair of squeaky running shoes.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    czar wrote: »
    I don't hear a bark at all. It reminds me of a very particular horse noise:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-S3Xp-sxxE

Are you trolling me :grin: That's a beautiful horse doing his horse things and it's not about the sound of hooves on the ground, it's when the Indrik sprints, bark bark bark.

Also pls someone call a doctor, this user is on delirium:
    Better then lousy Cat noises
    "lousy cat" simply not exists, there is no such thing.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Xylona
    Xylona
    ✭✭✭
    Xylona wrote: »
    The problem with the sound is how it gets repetitive. Barkbark-bark, bark-barkbark. Barkbark-bark, bark-barkbark... It could have been one short barking sound for each single sprint command. Just like how it is with horses. Other than that, I'm among people who thinks it is unique/cute and fitting

When I use it it is just the initial sprint that has the noise. How are people getting the noise over and over?
    Ah, it's good to hear that it doesn't continue. All good for me then.
    I don't have the mount yet myself, I just commented on the video, where I noticed the problem with the noise. I think it is because s/he stop and begin to sprint often. Still a problem since some may have so little mount stamina -ik it is not the case in vid- that when they run out of it they keep smashing the button to sprint again for that little recovered stamina. Which makes indrik bark again again and again just like in the video. If the sound was shorter its repetition wouldn't have been a problem. But again I don't have the mount, feel free to correct if I'm wrong
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    Really @ZOS, the Indrik is awesome and all, I'm very glad I got it, but WHY the bark?

There is a very annoying sound, like a dog bark and it repeats x3 times, every time you sprint! C'mon!

It's truly pestering after a while, I hope it's just an oversight. Incredibly annoying.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please, the dog bark ruins an otherwise beautiful reward.

Glaiceana's video:
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    For those wondering what the sounds are like exactly, I recorded them here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_b6VNqVMTo

The reason i quickly went back to my previous mount. Man i can't stand the sound.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here is proof they are trolling. Look at the photo included with the email. They know darn well it sounds like a pack of dogs. Look at the photo and then notice the dogs face too. Zos is troll king!

https://imgur.com/a/wqUWvh2
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on December 15, 2018 11:43AM
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really @ZOS, the Indrik is awesome and all, I'm very glad I got it, but WHY the bark?

There is a very annoying sound, like a dog bark and it repeats x3 times, every time you sprint! C'mon!

It's truly pestering after a while, I hope it's just an oversight. Incredibly annoying.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please, the dog bark ruins an otherwise beautiful reward.

Glaiceana's video:

You make me wonder two things:

Have you been to Summerset?

Do you know what a dog sounds like?
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only heard it do the three-bark thing on initial sprint too. I'm in the 'cute' camp, I like it's little excited chuffy-bark when we start to gallop! It's not as loud or intrusive as something like the soul-shriven horse which makes my ear-drums bleed whenever I hit gallop or jump.

I think the best thing would be an option to 'mute' mount sounds,.
    PC EU & NA
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glaiceana's video:

- I've been in Summerset very few but even if that's the usual Indrik sound there is no reason to get it x3 times at every sprint.

Try to go farm (for example) with that mount, every time you dismount and remount is there.

Absolutely will assign it to a character I don't use which is a shame after all gathering the feathers.

- There are dogs owners in this very thread confirming it sounds like that and I really don't need to own a dog to know, that's the closest sound we get to the barking dog even in game, the in game barking.

At any rate, @ZOS I don't know if they will change it or reduce at least at x1 the bark, if it will stay like this I won't bother further with the Indrik, can't make large use of it with this crap sound, too annoying.

N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    So here is proof they are trolling. Look at the photo included with the email. They know darn well it sounds like a pack of dogs. Look at the photo and then notice the dogs face too. Zos is troll king!

lmao

there the dog following around xd

Edited by RANKK7 on December 16, 2018 9:54AM
    lll
    lll
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glaiceana's video:

-I've been in Summerset very few but even if that's the usual Indrik sound there is no reason to get it x3 times at every sprint.

Try to go farm (for example) with that mount, every time you dismount and remount is there.

Absolutely will assign it to a character I don't use which is a shame after all gathering the feathers.

-There are dogs owners in this very thread confirming it sounds like that and I really don't need to own a dog to know, that's the closest sound we get to the barking dog even in game, the in game barking.

At any rate, @ZOS I don't know if they will change it or reduce at least at x1 the bark, if it will stay like this I won't bother further with the Indrik, can't make large use of it with this crap sound, too annoying.

lmao

This makes me wonder two things:

When you were in Summerset, did you ever fight an Indrik?

How annoying do you find the several non-combat pets that are dogs that do bark most of the time?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear, if you people force ZOS to mute the Indrik the way you forced them to mute the Echalette pet...

33d.jpg
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I don't really mind the sound. Someone nailed it earlier that it sounds just like when dogs do sleep woofs :D Very similar to that, but a little more digitally distorted. Listen here:
    https://youtu.be/C3SFXwdAqro?t=15
    The main thing that is causing it to stand out though is the fact that it is always 3 of those noises. If it wasn't 3 sharp calls each time, it would be less noticeable. HOWEVER, its not that loud, and there's so many types of birds that do calls that are always the same and distinctive.

The jumping sound very much reminded me of deer noises. Also, if you look up the odd sounds deers and horses can do, its pretty crazy the kind of noises they produce! Horses fighting for instance. Even zebras make some crazy sounds.

So overall, I am not complaining about the sound, but I do understand why its annoying some people :)

Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glaiceana's video:

-I've been in Summerset very few but even if that's the usual Indrik sound there is no reason to get it x3 times at every sprint.

-There are dogs owners in this very thread confirming it sounds like that and I really don't need to own a dog to know, that's the closest sound we get to the barking dog even in game, the in game barking.

lmao

How annoying do you find the several non-combat pets that are dogs that do bark most of the time?

You wonder a lot, mate. Just in the new dlc dungeon and it's not like I was minding to barking, I even wrote here in the forum in an old thread that feelsbad to kill Indriks, in fact if in Summerset, I walk away or sneak to not kill them.

If you don't believe do a research.

And again, not reason to have it x3, not relevant how much time I spent in Summerset.

The other dogs in game are dogs and supposed to sound like dogs. That's all.

lll
    lll
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I swear, if you people force ZOS to mute the Indrik the way you forced them to mute the Echalette pet...

33d.jpg

No, not muted, they nerfed that poor thing to the ground. If they don't want to come up with a better sound, could do it x1 at least.

If nothing else, it wouldn't be so pestering.

lll
    lll
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's not about the sound of hooves on the ground, it's when the Indrik sprints, bark bark bark
    that sound does not come from the hooves or ground lmao
    stam scrub
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very annoying to hear most of the sounds mounts make when pressing sprint. To me, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard! The only mount that makes no sound is the one you get with the Imperial edition. The other mount that isn't too bad (sound wise) is the flaming black panther.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glaiceana's video:

lmao

You wonder a lot, mate. Just in the new dlc dungeon and it's not like I was minding to barking, I even wrote here in the forum in an old thread that feelsbad to kill Indriks, in fact if in Summerset, I walk away or sneak to not kill them.

If you don't believe do a research.

And again, not reason to have it x3, not relevant how much time I spent in Summerset.

The other dogs in game are dogs and supposed to sound like dogs. That's all.

See, now I am wondering what part annoys you:

You have seen Indriks in the wild and know the sounds they make, so the Indrik mount is only making the sound it is "supposed to sound like" just as dogs do in your opinion.

Is it the "x3" of the sound? I hear no repetition at all, the sound is three different notes going up in scale.

Is it that you choose to farm at full speed whilst constantly pushing the sprint button and so hear it more than most ever will?

Out of curiousity, have you tried adjusting your volume levels in settings?
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Xylona

Actually, your mount can sprint indefinitely even when its Stamina reaches zero. Just keep holding the sprint key down and your mount will keep going. Now when you stop sprinting obviously you'll need to wait for a bit of Stamina to regen before you can start again, but for mounts Stamina is used more to determine how much damage you can take before being dismounted, and less for determining how long your mount can sprint. When you're mounted, every hit you take while in combat will take a chunk of your mount's Stam, and when it's fully depleted, you get dismounted.

So if people are spamming sprint because of this reason, hopefully this will help them out to know. Aside from that, I love the little chuffy bork noises the Indrik makes. I was mashing sprint myself over and over just to hear it, hehe. It's adorable. Though I do realize things like this are subjective, as is obvious by the various posts here. Some like it, some hate it, some love it, some don't care either way. It would be nice if ZOS could add a toggle for mount noises, but I don't that as something we're going to get anytime soon.
    Edited by Arunei on December 15, 2018 1:47PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Verbal_Eartworm See, now I am wondering what part you don't understand:

check the video in OP another user provided, if you still don't hear repetition x3 or think about volume settings being relevant, I don't know what to say to you.

About the usage of sprinting, I use a mount for farm runs, I use a mount in Cyrodiil, I use a mount when I move from a wayshrine to a point of interest or whatever place I must visit for any reason and sprints happen pretty often, so the sound is always there. I don't know for what you use the mount, as a decoration in houses sure as hell it looks good and it's not annoying.
    You have a different opinion, juts freaking say so, don't go on and on and on, there is no need, it's all in OP and it's pretty clear.

lll
    lll
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's not that bad really when compared to the Mindshriven horse which quite possibly has the most annoying sound effects of all mounts of all time ever.

That indrik sound though... makes me feel like giggling.
    Edited by Tabbycat on December 15, 2018 2:14PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really love the Indrik Sound :)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS_JessicaFolsom please, the dog bark ruins an otherwise beautiful reward.

It's to match the ugliness of whatever that thing supposed to be.

Someone got drunk, arced-up Nifskope and just stuck random body parts together.
    "If we can get them to take this, they'll take anything".

I think it's basically a reindeer with scales. I think...anyway.
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special for all who never heard Indriks at Summerset before this mount:
    https://youtu.be/ZzcPMsxS0C4
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Verbal_Eartworm See, now I am wondering what part you don't understand:

check the video in OP another user provided, if you still don't hear repetition x3 or think about volume settings being relevant, I don't know what to say to you.

About the usage of sprinting, I use a mount for farm runs, I use a mount in Cyrodiil, I use a mount when I move from a wayshrine to a point of interest or whatever place I must visit for any reason and sprints happen pretty often, so the sound is always there. I don't know for what you use the mount, as a decoration in houses sure as hell it looks good and it's not annoying.
    You have a different opinion, juts freaking say so, don't go on and on and on, there is no need, it's all in OP and it's pretty clear.

Nothing you say makes sense to me, which is why I am asking questions in an effort to understand you.

Perhaps you don't want to be understood?

Just leave the Indrik mount alone and go find some other crusade to embark on.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    @Xylona

Actually, your mount can sprint indefinitely even when its Stamina reaches zero. Just keep holding the sprint key down and your mount will keep going. Now when you stop sprinting obviously you'll need to wait for a bit of Stamina to regen before you can start again, but for mounts Stamina is used more to determine how much damage you can take before being dismounted, and less for determining how long your mount can sprint. When you're mounted, every hit you take while in combat will take a chunk of your mount's Stam, and when it's fully depleted, you get dismounted.

So if people are spamming sprint because of this reason, hopefully this will help them out to know. Aside from that, I love the little chuffy bork noises the Indrik makes. I was mashing sprint myself over and over just to hear it, hehe. It's adorable. Though I do realize things like this are subjective, as is obvious by the various posts here. Some like it, some hate it, some love it, some don't care either way. It would be nice if ZOS could add a toggle for mount noises, but I don't that as something we're going to get anytime soon.

^^^^THIS^^^^

The people complaining about the noise it makes seem to also dislike most mount's noises anyways, so this would be the perfect solution.

Also if this sounds like a dog to anyone I think there might be something seriously wrong with whatever dog you heard, like it's gonna maybe have it's face split open and shoot out tentacles wrong lol