The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS Why the hell the Indrik is barking?? Very annoying sound!

• Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is that even a problem?
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Pretty awful. Got a snow sabre cat recently and belatedly realised the standard leopard is my perfect mount. It's so quiet and efficient. I like the way the footsteps sound, whereas the snow cat adds a jingle from the gear. You can never judge a character by the voice samples in the character creator either. What did I collect those feathers for? Really happy with the new Priestess of Mara dress, and it was free. I like the simple things.

Same, that costume is nice, they did a great job, it's long but not "my grandmother style", it keeps some body shape and dye fine, it was a pleasant surprise.

The crap surprise was the Indrik sound and me too I wonder why did I collect the feathers for. I could assign it to a character I don't use and that's because the sickening sprinting dog sound, shame.

Perwulf wrote: »
    Barking is okay, constant barking in rapid succession is not, it's not a dog ffs. It would be more tolerable if they used a new audio source instead of recycling their old dog barking sounds or reduce the frequency of indrik barks.

+1 It really seems so!

Edited by RANKK7 on December 14, 2018 1:16PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got the Indrik last night. The bark is kinda cute and silly, I hope it stays.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I quite like it. It's cute.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the tail end of an Elk call
    https://youtu.be/gKnqLGED9SQ
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't bother me in the least. If you don't want to hear it as often, don't spam sprint.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the tail end of an Elk call
    https://youtu.be/gKnqLGED9SQ

What minute is that thing? I watched it and I hear indeed Cervidae family sounds, nothing similar to dog barking that me and others looked around: where the heck is the dog?

If that bark was an attempt to reproduce a sound like these, it failed, that's too much similar to dog.

edit: ah yes, maybe I understand what you mean, like at minute 1:38/1:39, then they failed A LOT.

Nothing like that, that would have been nice, way less sickening and at least a bit fitting.

Edited by RANKK7 on December 14, 2018 2:50PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is Chewbacca on AutoTune:
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Indrik reminds me more on an Elk than a deer. With that in mind I think an Elk bugle would be more appropriate. I mean nothing say "Charge" more than the sound of a bugle.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    Just in case you think deer don't "bark"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0XfQAfO744

I wish it was like that!

x1

No need to have x3 at every sprint.

And this sound you posted is btw kind of similar at the one from a big cat's cub. What we have is very similar instead at the dog bark!

lll
    lll
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's precisely BECAUSE it's a fantasy creature that it sounds so out of place to hear a dog's bark from it. It's not a dog, and neither is it a deer. Looking at it, one expects to hear a similarly exotic, fantasy sound.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey maybe it will meow when you evolve it!
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, that is not the same though. The Indrik sounds like someone's annoying little Jack Russel Terrier (can't stand little dogs, even though I always end up loving the stupid things). It sounds like someone took a sound byte of their neighbor's annoying dog and just pasted it in.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s because I live around deer and owned enough dogs to know better, but that doesn’t sound at all like dog barking to me
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Maybe it’s because I live around deer and owned enough dogs to know better, but that doesn’t sound at all like dog barking to me

Thing is, an Indrik is not a deer either.

And at the end of the day, it's still a "wuff". I don't know, it's annoying to look at a creature as elegant as the Indrik and hear a "wuff".
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    well I find the sound annoying as well, but probably will get used to it or use another mount. but actually all the hoove sounds annoy me anyway. I think the sound is actually fitting for an indrik, but still annoying.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I think it's precisely BECAUSE it's a fantasy creature that it sounds so out of place to hear a dog's bark from it. It's not a dog, and neither is it a deer. Looking at it, one expects to hear a similarly exotic, fantasy sound.

sounds like a very exotic bark-fart XD
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Xylona
    Xylona
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the sound is how it gets repetitive. Barkbark-bark, bark-barkbark. Barkbark-bark, bark-barkbark... It could have been one short barking sound for each single sprint command. Just like how it is with horses. Other than that, I'm among people who thinks it is unique/cute and fitting
    Edited by Xylona on December 14, 2018 8:11PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, Zos will not care about this thread nor respond. Think about Nocturnal's appearance in the game and how so many players expressed disappointment that Zos put such little effort into designing her.

They stood by their poor choice then and will stand by it now.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

Yeah, that is not the same though. The Indrik sounds like someone's annoying little Jack Russel Terrier (can't stand little dogs, even though I always end up loving the stupid things).It sounds like someone took a sound byte of their neighbor's annoying dog and just pasted it in.

Amen to all that, you nailed it.

BretonMage wrote: »
    Jhalin wrote: »

Thing is, an Indrik is not a deer either.

And at the end of the day, it's still a "wuff". I don't know, it's annoying to look at a creature as elegant as the Indrik and hear a "wuff".

Couldn't agree more. woof woof woof for that elegant mount g0ddamn it sucks.

Edited by RANKK7 on December 14, 2018 8:16PM
    lll
    lll
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylona wrote: »
    The problem with the sound is how it gets repetitive. Barkbark-bark, bark-barkbark. Barkbark-bark, bark-barkbark... It could have been one short barking sound for each single sprint command. Just like how it is with horses. Other than that, I'm among people who thinks it is unique/cute and fitting

When I use it it is just the initial sprint that has the noise. How are people getting the noise over and over?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it sounds adorable and am looking forward to getting my Indrik.

Mind you, I thought the Echalette pet (in its original form) sounded adorable, and people hated that too, so...
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    After having the Indrik for a couple of days it really sounds out of place. At first it sounded like there was a pack of dogs chasing me until I realised it was the mount making that odd noise.

I’ll probably switch back to another mount sooner rather than later; which is kind of a shame given the focus on the Indriks and the events.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why it bothers me, but it definitely bugs me.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    i actually like the sounds of it
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am comfortable with the sounds it makes, possibly because they seem to be based on the barking/huffing noises made by the European Roe Deer which is common to rural areas of western Europe, and which inhabited the woods around where I grew up. They also have large ears and the males have short upright antlers which the Indrik mount seems to be modelled after (although roe deer are actually quite small, too small to ride or anything, often being not much bigger than a large dog. But the noise seems to have been inspired by them)

I actually think the sounds it makes are really cute, and given the species of deer around where I grew up, seem like normal deer noises.

I love it.
    Edited by Epona222 on December 15, 2018 6:25AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Dr3sden
    Dr3sden
    ✭✭✭
    I love it it's adorable!
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, adorable, x3

bark bork berk

0487932583.jpg

lll
    lll
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Heh, lucky they don't crab like those sugar gliders.