The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best game ever?

• SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say the best game, but there are some MMOs out there are pretty good and some up and down. I wish I had crafting tools and they can break later on while using them so much.

Buying arrows, quivers, feed your pets, etc. There are so much I like to see in this game, but I doubt if that will ever happen.

What bother me the most is when someone doing something aint suppose to do, IE: killing npcs, livestock, stealing, etc. There nothing you can do about it!

I remember seeing this player killing npc that I like to hang out with, until this idiot comes in and kill her, pissed me off that I cant do a damn thing about it.

Anyway this game is MMO, most players are talking about single player games and have nothing to do with this MMO.
    Edited by SpireofSouls on December 15, 2018 9:24AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Oh trust me, there are plenty of games better than this one right now. ESO is good but there is definitely a lack urgency to fix serious bugs

Name another MMORPG that's generally better than this game?

Ultima Online.

/thread
    So why aren't you on their forums instead? Why grace us with your presence if you believe there are far better games to talk about?
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    If there was a better MMO out there, people would be there.

It's almost like people can play more than one game....crazy world we live in right?

So let me get this right, op....this thread exsists so you can ask people's opinion about other games then try to bash them for thier opinion, an opinion you asked for in the first place? In other words, this is just one big flame post?

In that case...

IB4L
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    Ark hands down, that game is best survival game probably not mmo but... very detailed . Path of exile is also good f2p mmo, with really amazing devs, dialblo II and III mix. I recommend you guys trying arkane studios made game - arx fatalis, that game even if it;s old with outdated graphics but holy crap the story of the game is so amazing and atmosphere and unique style that no other game have. Also mount and blade warband is really amazing too , multiplayer is fun too, but it takes time to learn to fight good in it, waiting for banner lord to come out, probably it will be cancelled. eso is on my top list too.
    I still play Heroes of Might and Magic, Windows 95 edition. I doubt I will still be playing ESO in another 20 years.
    Oh yes, these games had their own personalities, and atmosphere I still play diablo 2 sometimes on eu server these games will die only when our generation will be gone. ;)

• Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh trust me, there are plenty of games better than this one right now. ESO is good but there is definitely a lack urgency to fix serious bugs

Ultima Online.

/thread
    So why aren't you on their forums instead? Why grace us with your presence if you believe there are far better games to talk about?

What? Wait, you asked the question, is there a better game, someone gave you there opinion, you ask them why there here, mind blowing stuff really.

ESO is a good game, are there better, sure, im not going to name any in case im asked what im doing here, because,

Number 1, i dont have to justify being here to you or anyone else
    Number 2, see number 1
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

Because I value variety? Because I'm not one of those people who fanboy and white knight a game to oblivion and back, just to assuage some kind of insecurity about my own personal tastes?

Because I'm easily bored? Pick one. :D

I dunno, they all sound plausable, but that's the thing with excuses isn't it. Also, nice projection. Careful, your insecurities show in the language you choose. :tongue:

Get a grip. He said UO is a better game. And you threw your toys out of the cott about it.

Can you really not understand having variety in your gaming? You never read any other game forums or played any other games since starting eso?

Even if you dont there is no need to get offended just because he does. Its possible to like things.... but like other things more.
    Edited by Haquor on December 15, 2018 12:39PM
  • Myrm
    Myrm
    ✭✭✭
    Going by my time played in the games currently installed on my consoles, I’d put Elite Dangerous above ESO. However, taking nothing away from ESO as I do enjoy playing it.
    PC & Xbox (EU)

I am employed as a member of Emperor Palpatine's Imperial Royal Guard. (Class of 2017, Yinchorr)
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mario Cart.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mabinogi a true play how you want game with huge customization
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metal gear solid 1
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Core game is amazing, but the worst people ever in charge to maintain the game, shouldn‘t even be called „devs“...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »
    Core game is amazing, but the worst people ever in charge to maintain the game, shouldn‘t even be called „devs“...

I don't see it as the devs. I think the devs are, by and large, pretty good at what they do.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 15, 2018 1:45PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I defy you to find a better game.

Dragon Age Inquisition, Kingdom of Amular, Assassin Creed, The Witcher 3, GTA Vice City.. I can go on and on. Next..
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as the "best" game. Best for who?

There are games that are better than others at doing certain things. But there is no game out there that is the best at everything. If there was, all the other games would be dead.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best game ever? No. Best MMORPG? Yes, by a long shot.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fallout 76

jk, it's terrible.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

Because you literally told people to name a better game genius. Lmao.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I defy you to find a better game.

Lol you jest good sir. This game does not even make a top 10 in just its genre. It wont even make the top 20 as a rpg . I could name 3 games with out even going back to 2016 that are better then this game. Hell EQ2 is 14 years old and I can with utter confidence call it a superior mmo in every fashion. Jesus man games that got *** down because they didnt go b2p or f2p were superior Mmos hell vanguard was more feature packed then this game at launch .no eso does not even make the top 25 in Rpg, nor top 10 mmos of all time
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    If there was a better MMO out there, people would be there.

Lol they are. Eso activity is at a all time low even after a recent DLC. I can get a group faster in age of conan
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many have you played
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just playing on a friend's customised NWN2 server.

It was far better than ESO, and graphically decent as well.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it me or lizards enjoy mud festival in Skywatch a little too much?
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMO: ESO
    RPG: ES3 Morrowind
    Action RPG: Dark Souls 3
    Action: Prey 2017
    Indie: Salt & Sanctuary
    Walking Sim: Hellblade
    Racing: Redout
    Strategy: Civ 4

Notable Mentions: The Witcher 3 (The Game itself is boring and empty like the Assassin's Creed Games but Characters & Dialogue are really good)
    Edited by mxxo on December 15, 2018 3:34PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Ms Pac man

Fixed it for you.

theyancey wrote: »
    Best game ever? No. Best MMORPG? Yes, by a long shot.

This is it for me too. I've tried a lot off mmos and never stuck with them because they just weren't that fun for me. This is my favorite mmo by miles and miles. No reason to rank it with single player and local multiplayer. It's particularly unfair to mix the two because of the length of games. Not the best ever, but certainly the best example of amazing and amazingly short, Brothers: a tale of two sons. Brilliant on every level imo, but It takes an afternoon to complete.
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanilla WoW, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King are the best times I ever had in a game.
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭
    Weper wrote: »

It's that a joke? WoW ofc. There are 3-5 million WoW subscribers and ESO has maybe 100-200k active players.

Thats false logic right there. Just because more people do something, that does not make that thing better than it's alternatives. People by and large are stupid and do stupid things.

Argumentum ad populum. Google it.

Huh, a real ESO fanboy.
    The logic is not false just because you don't understand it (or don't wanna understand it).

What are you using?
    - Facebook or VK? I guess Facebook. Why? Because it's better and more people using it.
    - Google or Bing? Well, you said Google it, so i guess Google. Why? Because it's better and more people are using it.
    - Windows or Linux? I guess Windows. Why? Because it's better and more people are using it.

You said "People by and large are stupid and do stupid things." - So if you are using Facebook, Google and Windows, then you are stupid? That's an interesting logic. :smile:
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    KOTORs 1&2, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effects 1&2...

Those are not MMORPGs.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weper wrote: »

It's that a joke? WoW ofc. There are 3-5 million WoW subscribers and ESO has maybe 100-200k active players.

Yeah and most of those 3-5 mill people are the Chinese. That's why WoW was so successful. Because it was the first MMO to market effectively to China. That's also why the world of warcraft movie bombed here, yet did good in China.

Anyway, I've played WoW for many years. I disagree that it's better than this game. ESO has a far superior combat system. So no, that was not a joke - and if WoW is the best example you have I think I'll stick to my initial claim.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 15, 2018 4:01PM
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    KOTORs 1&2, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effects 1&2...

Those are not MMORPGs.

Title/main post doesn't specify that it's limited to only MMO's.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How many have you played

Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy 14, Rift, World of Warcraft, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Black Desert Online, Aion, Wild Star, Lord of the Rings online.... I"m sure I'm forgetting some too.

ESO is better than all of those in my opinion.

Edited by Jeremy on December 15, 2018 4:07PM
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    then Zelda Breath of the Wild, hands down.
This discussion has been closed.