The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best game ever?

Ramalamafizzfaj
Ramalamafizzfaj
✭✭✭
I defy you to find a better game.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh trust me, there are plenty of games better than this one right now. ESO is good but there is definitely a lack urgency to fix serious bugs
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh trust me, there are plenty of games better than this one right now. ESO is good but there is definitely a lack urgency to fix serious bugs

Name another MMORPG that's generally better than this game?
    Edited by Jeremy on December 14, 2018 11:48PM
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Ultima Online.

/thread
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In their day there were plenty of MMOs that were better than ESO is in it's day. ESO had and still has great potential but under the poor management it currently has it has never come close to meeting it.

The poor state of the game at launch drove many away and there was no excuse for a game of this cost ()and IP) to launch is such a inferior condition.

Could this have been one of the best games ever, for sure. Sad it came up so short of that. Still a decent game and something I prefere to play than the major titles currently available.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    battlefield 2 = better game.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

I didn't even know that game still existed.

I"ll have go try that one out, then I'll get back with you on that.

• jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KOTORs 1&2, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effects 1&2...
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've only played 1 game in your life, sure.
  • Sagz
    Sagz
    ✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

I agree, still no mmo even close, graphics are not the best, but the concept and playability is still unbeatable. I still play, Ultime Online Forever is a free shard, been around for like 10 years plus, very populated and stable.
  • Ramalamafizzfaj
    Ramalamafizzfaj
    ✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread
    So why aren't you on their forums instead? Why grace us with your presence if you believe there are far better games to talk about?
    Edited by Ramalamafizzfaj on December 15, 2018 12:26AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES V: Skyrim

And hopefully, TES VI.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 15, 2018 12:34AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I defy you to find a better game.

I have not found any. Lots that are fun to play, but none that keep me around like ESO.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seldomly feel let down by a game like i been with teso

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac man
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread
    So why aren't you on their forums instead? Why grace us with your presence if you believe there are far better games to talk about?

Because I value variety? Because I'm not one of those people who fanboy and white knight a game to oblivion and back, just to assuage some kind of insecurity about my own personal tastes?

Because I'm easily bored? Pick one. :D
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimas V through VII. Most Lucasarts games. Deus Ex Human Revolution.

As far as MMORPGs go, though, and while it's far from optimal, ESO is currently better than the rest.
  • Ramalamafizzfaj
    Ramalamafizzfaj
    ✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

Because I value variety? Because I'm not one of those people who fanboy and white knight a game to oblivion and back, just to assuage some kind of insecurity about my own personal tastes?

I dunno, they all sound plausable, but that's the thing with excuses isn't it. Also, nice projection. Careful, your insecurities show in the language you choose. :tongue:
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

I dunno, they all sound plausable, but that's the thing with excuses isn't it. Also, nice projection. Careful, your insecurities show in the language you choose. :tongue:

Convince yourself however you like, I only stated that there's another game better than this one. You felt the need to jump on me for some reason, obviously, and what I said certainly wasn't based on you.

I suppose the shoe must fit, though.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on December 15, 2018 1:15AM
  • Ramalamafizzfaj
    Ramalamafizzfaj
    ✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

Convince yourself however you like, I only stated that there's another game better than this one. You felt the need to jump on me for some reason, obviously, and what I said certainly wasn't based on you.

You feel jumped on? Do you not feel that's an overreaction? I'm sorry you feel bad.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are quite a few games that were better than ESO in their time. Some of them still have a great basis, but are simply outdated with old graphics, etc. Most also predate ESO in becoming huge cash grabs. Today mmos are all about maximizing profits. Great performance, gameplay and design are an afterthought. The bare minimum is done to keep customers paying. During the rise of MMOs you could tell a lot of the devs truly loved the games they were creating. Difficult or next to impossible to find any MMO with that nowadays. It's all glitter on the outside and decayed ruin within.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you ride a pumpkin in eso?
    giphy.gif

build you own house?
    giphy.gif

yeah, didn't think so...
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

You feel jumped on? Do you not feel that's an overreaction? I'm sorry you feel bad.

Oh absolutely, that was an overreaction, that was the point of my previous statement.

I'm glad you agree. Self awareness is often a missed commodity.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on December 15, 2018 1:24AM
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭

Ultima Online.

/thread

YES!!!! Nobody will match Ultima Online until the day they adopt their skills and housing system in 3D.

A close second that unfortunately failed but the concept was amazing... Reign of Kings. RIP.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Sagz wrote: »

Ultima Online.

/thread

I agree, still no mmo even close, graphics are not the best, but the concept and playability is still unbeatable. I still play, Ultime Online Forever is a free shard, been around for like 10 years plus, very populated and stable.

I love all Ultima Online veterans and those who still play unconditionally. <3
  • Weper
    Weper
    ✭✭✭

It's that a joke? WoW ofc. There are 3-5 million WoW subscribers and ESO has maybe 100-200k active players.
    Edited by Weper on December 15, 2018 5:51AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half-Life

And its fan made Source remake, Black Mesa.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES is far from perfect, and fact that other games are not perfect too is questionable advantage.
    I bet 90% of ESO players came here only because of previous experience with TES single-player games.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was a better MMO out there, people would be there.
  • Ramalamafizzfaj
    Ramalamafizzfaj
    ✭✭✭
    Weper wrote: »

It's that a joke? WoW ofc. There are 3-5 million WoW subscribers and ESO has maybe 100-200k active players.

Thats false logic right there. Just because more people do something, that does not make that thing better than it's alternatives. People by and large are stupid and do stupid things.

Argumentum ad populum. Google it.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still play Heroes of Might and Magic, Windows 95 edition. I doubt I will still be playing ESO in another 20 years.

This discussion has been closed.