Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    I’m probably in the minority here but I like how RDR online has done their economy and it is fun to lasso people who have been bugging you and then throw them to alligators.

And you don't get kicked for playing another game! :p
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EP zone chat is nut right now!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal this thread still lives!!!!
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    @geonsocal this thread still lives!!!!
    giphy.gif
    WAZZZ!!!!!!
    Edited by geonsocal on December 12, 2018 7:57PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope all is the world is well for you :)

how goes all in your gaming life?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things are going well, Hope the same for you! Gaming has been ok, tried rdr2, but the pvp is absolute poop imho....as far as eso goes just been trying to get a star on my extremely trolly magblade (most fun I have had on a build) and fishing lol..got a 3rd Master Angler lmao :) You?

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things are going well, Hope the same for you! Gaming has been ok, tried rdr2, but the pvp is absolute poop imho....as far as eso goes just been trying to get a star on my extremely trolly magblade (most fun I have had on a build) and fishing lol..got a 3rd Master Angler lmao :) You?

holy cow - how do you even fit all your trophies and statues and stuff even on that giant island :)

i started 5 new characters over on the EU server (one of each class)...i've been having fun pvping with them on the vivec map there...

i'm just doing cyrodiil with all blue now...it feels nice to be able to start despising yellow and red players...i missed that feeling of really disliking the other alliances while i was playing...i'm even grouping up now with my fellow covenant players...

it's a little challenging at times being "competitive" with level 26, no cp, mis-matched gear sets...i'm having fun though figuring it all out...my mounts are finally starting to reach a riding speed of 30 with 20 stamina...that helps a lot...

more than anything - i'm really digging the laid back style of the other players whom are there playing at the time i normally get on...

playing fortnite on the weekends with my godson...i only play occasionally, but, i'm having fun...been playing it since season 3...

tried the new spiderman, but, never really got in to it...i've passed so far on fallout 76...

i'm a little more active with rdr2 online...it's interesting how they broke up the "rooms/instances/lobbies" in to groups of only 15 players or so...took me a while to figure out how some of the people i was tracking kept disappearing...

it was funny, initially i was thinking it would be like an imperial city free for all wherein sometimes you would fight, and, sometimes you would say hi and dance...

after getting hogtied and shotgunned in the head - i kinda figured things out...basically if someone rides towards me now - chances are very good i'll shoot first, figure out may have been happening later...i'm glad they adjusted the economy...

the game controls drive me nuts still - can't say how many ledges i've rode off of to my and my horses demise :#

i'm a sucker though for eye candy - and, rdr2 has plenty of that...i imagine i'll stick with it for a while and try to get better at the controls...

after i reach tier 3 on my 5 EU toons, i've been switching over to the NA vivec...i'll definitely keep an eye open for Hiro-She-Ma...although i'm guessing that's one character that probably doesn't get seen too often by folks wearing a different banner...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made it to CP82 on EU, man leveling CP sucks! :D
    Especially since I have to also level crafting so I can make armor over there.
    Need more skill points!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need more skill points!

I'm starting to think the way yourself and "kyle" approached the situation made have been a little wiser (focusing on leveling one character before creating additional ones)...

I grouped with some cp 90 something last night...

I felt kind of bad for them, cuz, I know the game totally hoses you with that small a cp level, and, without combat scaling buffing you up...

I forgot to ask - what type of character did you build?
    Edited by geonsocal on December 14, 2018 12:27AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Need more skill points!

I'm starting to think the way yourself and "kyle" approached the situation made have been a little wiser (focusing on leveling one character before creating additional ones)...

I grouped with some cp 90 something last night...

I felt kind of bad for them, cuz, I know the game totally hoses you with that small a cp level, and, without combat scaling buffing you up...

I forgot to ask - what type of character did you build?

Yeah, I have to have at least one character leveled in crafting and having resources made before I start others so he can support the new ones. My first EU character is a DC Stamblade.

I have also started an EU EP Stamden, but stopped leveling him at lvl 15 except for leveling his horse skills everyday so he will be ready when I get back to him.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn, I could not imagine regrinding all that cp etc, cheers to you all for having that iron will lol!

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven’t been back in the EU for a couple days. I log in, train horse and log out. Go back home. Working on getting better in PvP. Playing my StamSorc for awhile yesterday, ran into an old friend. Got killed by an unusually long load screen in the middle of a big battle. WTH.

My bud was commenting on the reasons he stopped playing. I guess RDR2 gets kind of old quick too and Fallout 76 has its own problems. Oh yeah, and they’re all massive now practically requiring external HDD if you play more than one game.

Hey Wazz, I dont know we’ve ever met, but I recognized the name so helped out a little with the swift.

Tried taking Bruma when I was flying solo and there was this one red nightblade that refused to go away. We battled it out up there for ten minutes uninterrupted. I think I’m getting better as this guy couldn’t kill me, but also worth noting, I couldn’t finish him off either. Eventually, I put the controls down and ate the loss to death port some place better.

This search your name trick hasn’t seem to do anything for me. PvP lag is just part of the game.

Been killed by snipe a few times. That play style is broken af. You don’t realize anything is wrong. Then it all hits at one time and you’re dead. In medium armor anyways. Heavy armor, it just kind of tickles. Fortunately they’re not all snipers out there.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I haven’t been back in the EU for a couple days. I log in, train horse and log out. Go back home. Working on getting better in PvP. Playing my StamSorc for awhile yesterday, ran into an old friend. Got killed by an unusually long load screen in the middle of a big battle. WTH.

My bud was commenting on the reasons he stopped playing. I guess RDR2 gets kind of old quick too and Fallout 76 has its own problems. Oh yeah, and they’re all massive now practically requiring external HDD if you play more than one game.

Hey Wazz, I dont know we’ve ever met, but I recognized the name so helped out a little with the swift.

Tried taking Bruma when I was flying solo and there was this one red nightblade that refused to go away. We battled it out up there for ten minutes uninterrupted. I think I’m getting better as this guy couldn’t kill me, but also worth noting, I couldn’t finish him off either. Eventually, I put the controls down and ate the loss to death port some place better.

This search your name trick hasn’t seem to do anything for me. PvP lag is just part of the game.

Been killed by snipe a few times. That play style is broken af. You don’t realize anything is wrong. Then it all hits at one time and you’re dead. In medium armor anyways. Heavy armor, it just kind of tickles. Fortunately they’re not all snipers out there.

hey @kylewwefan ty you certainly did help!! as far as snipe goes, it amazes me the apologist that exist for it..they see nothing wrong and see it as a "desynch" issue, not a snipe issue...not taking into account the broken skill that leads to the desync... I was actually shaking my head while reading the thread on it in the combat section....some comments about x'ing and it's place in pvp also made my stomach turn.....

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not defending the desync of snipe, but would you actually see/hear a real poisoned arrow volley coming in an actual battle?
    Ranged weapons in general can be tough, I think I *** more people of with my flying blade than snipe.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 17, 2018 2:05PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not defending the desync of snipe, but would you actually see/hear a real poisoned arrow volley coming in an actual battle?
    Ranged weapons in general can be tough, I think I *** more people of with my flying blade than snipe.

real arrows don't turn corners when LoS'd, but again , I also do not find myself in situations where I fight 2 lizard men who heal by waving their hands, an ugly orc mashing me with a giant ax, and a bird flinging elf all while shooting spells out of my arse ..and then some cat person shoots me with an arrow from 30m away..so maybe in real life battles you won't, however, in this make believe land, it is a real issue..it can hit harder than most ultis, the argument "slot magelight and purge" is silly at best and unlike melee gank builds, the sacrificing of survivablity is moot as the sniper is most likely sniping form distance and able to cloak away with out any engagement in most cases...
    Edited by wazzz56 on December 17, 2018 2:57PM

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part of snipe is when your kiting to a tower or LOS and you get behind the LOS you get hit by 3-4 more arrows. Definitely challenging gameplay while you’re being defiled.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

real arrows don't turn corners when LoS'd, but again , I also do not find myself in situations where I fight 2 lizard men who heal by waving their hands, an ugly orc mashing me with a giant ax, a bird flinging elf all while shooting spells out of my arse ..and then some cat person shoots me with an arrow from 30m away..so maybe in real life battles you won't, however, in this make believe land, it is a real issue..it can hit harder than most ultis, the argument "slot magelight and purge" is silly at best and unlike melee gank builds, the sacrificing of survivablity is moot as the sniper is most likely sniping form distance and able to cloak away with out any engagement in most cases...

And hitting some one with a 2H sword isn't like playing golf with another target. Fore!
    My Stamplar doesn't cloak very often either.
    A sorc can also kill from range and just streak away.

EDIT - 5000 comments badge just popped, wonder how many comments were about snipe? lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 17, 2018 3:01PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a bow/2h build in Cyrodiil. I have ear issues from my younger days, so I don't group up much (I'm not on mic very often - wearing a headset is uncomfortable) which means I'm mostly a solo/scout build.

I can move around the map quickly, allowing me to make zone callouts to help my alliance know what's happening, and where.

My build is simple. Hundings+Marksman, mostly divines, which makes me one squishy dude. The bow skill line is good for taking resources solo though.

Do I gank? Yeah, occasionally... with about a 20% success rate. My build can't get through a Soc's shields, or a DK's armor. Really, other NBs are usually the ones easiest to kill. If they don't kill me first.

Never figured out the whole desync thing though. If I time it right, I can launch one "snipe", a "light attack", and a single "poison injection" that all appear to land within a second or two thanks to the arc/delay on the snipe shot (While it's in the air, you can fire off your light and poison attacks) but it's pretty rare that I can get a kill with that combo.

Yesterday, I was killed by a very good group of AD NBs, and they were able to do things I've never seen. One hit me with a snipe, heavy, light, poison injection and surprise attack - and from my perspective, they all landed at once. Went from 100% health to dead in a heartbeat.

Snipers can be annoying, but it's a single-target skill so it's not very effective as a 1vX or even a 1v1 if you're old like me lol

And to hit really hard, you really have to be all-divines which means you'll drop dead if an enemy even glances in your direction.

I'm not apologizing for the build though. It's not unfair, unless some players are somehow using macros to ani-cancel and land a whole bunch of stuff at once. I certainly don't know how to land a light attack, a heavy attack, a snipe, a poison injection, and a surprise attack, all at once. That's deadly stuff. Best I can do on a burst is about 18K and that's only if something crits. If my target is wearing impen, has shields up, or wearing heavy, they'll survive every time.

Just some perspective from a bow-build. I don't do it to troll - It's a solo build mostly for scouting and taking the occasional resource. We're not all evil :smile:

I die. A lot. Doesn't bother me much. I just rez and get back in the fight. As for those tank builds that take a group of 15 to kill... Now those are annoying... lmao
    PS4NA
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

real arrows don't turn corners when LoS'd, but again , I also do not find myself in situations where I fight 2 lizard men who heal by waving their hands, an ugly orc mashing me with a giant ax, a bird flinging elf all while shooting spells out of my arse ..and then some cat person shoots me with an arrow from 30m away..so maybe in real life battles you won't, however, in this make believe land, it is a real issue..it can hit harder than most ultis, the argument "slot magelight and purge" is silly at best and unlike melee gank builds, the sacrificing of survivablity is moot as the sniper is most likely sniping form distance and able to cloak away with out any engagement in most cases...

And hitting some one with a 2H sword isn't like playing golf with another target. Fore!
    My Stamplar doesn't cloak very often either.
    A sorc can also kill from range and just streak away.

EDIT - 5000 comments badge just popped, wonder how many comments were about snipe? lmao

your stamplar is probably not a bow gank build... sorcs skills are not as ranged as snipe, nor do they have the stun ( let's face it, most bow gankers are going to be crouched while sniping) the defile or the ultimate like damage that snipe does...frags was comp (still lacking defile) and what happened to it?

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @dotme me gets it, the weaving of snipe, light attack, and poison injection is what is so deadly.
    The guys that just spam snipe are not as effective.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @dotme me gets it, the weaving of snipe, light attack, and poison injection is what is so deadly.
    The guys that just spam snipe are not as effective.
    Exactly. And even that's not a guaranteed kill. Those ticks on the poison injection is usually what will get you if you ignore them. I've been hit by that combo while riding and died to it. Now I've learned to dismount immediately and cloak to remove the dots as soon as I feel the hit. I don't try to "ride it out" any more, and I usually survive.

Sort of on-topic, the sound a mount makes if dies along with the rider always makes me chuckle a bit. I've been on both ends of that, but you know you've hit someone really hard if the horse screams :lol:
    PS4NA
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I main a bow/2h build in Cyrodiil. I have ear issues from my younger days, so I don't group up much (I'm not on mic very often - wearing a headset is uncomfortable) which means I'm mostly a solo/scout build.

I can move around the map quickly, allowing me to make zone callouts to help my alliance know what's happening, and where.

My build is simple. Hundings+Marksman, mostly divines, which makes me one squishy dude. The bow skill line is good for taking resources solo though.

Do I gank? Yeah, occasionally... with about a 20% success rate. My build can't get through a Soc's shields, or a DK's armor. Really, other NBs are usually the ones easiest to kill. If they don't kill me first.

Never figured out the whole desync thing though. If I time it right, I can launch one "snipe", a "light attack", and a single "poison injection" that all appear to land within a second or two thanks to the arc/delay on the snipe shot (While it's in the air, you can fire off your light and poison attacks) but it's pretty rare that I can get a kill with that combo.

Yesterday, I was killed by a very good group of AD NBs, and they were able to do things I've never seen. One hit me with a snipe, heavy, light, poison injection and surprise attack - and from my perspective, they all landed at once. Went from 100% health to dead in a heartbeat.

Snipers can be annoying, but it's a single-target skill so it's not very effective as a 1vX or even a 1v1 if you're old like me lol

And to hit really hard, you really have to be all-divines which means you'll drop dead if an enemy even glances in your direction.

I'm not apologizing for the build though. It's not unfair, unless some players are somehow using macros to ani-cancel and land a whole bunch of stuff at once. I certainly don't know how to land a light attack, a heavy attack, a snipe, a poison injection, and a surprise attack, all at once. That's deadly stuff. Best I can do on a burst is about 18K and that's only if something crits. If my target is wearing impen, has shields up, or wearing heavy, they'll survive every time.

Just some perspective from a bow-build. I don't do it to troll - It's a solo build mostly for scouting and taking the occasional resource. We're not all evil :smile:

I die. A lot. Doesn't bother me much. I just rez and get back in the fight. As for those tank builds that take a group of 15 to kill... Now those are annoying... lmao

only question I have, because I get the points you make, do you stand in the shadows poison inject/sniping people already involved in outnumbers situations? Because that is where the issues presented really lie.....the stun, defile , huge dmg numbers (by how ever many snipes hit you at once) etc coming from somebody whose only involvement in a fight is crab walking half a football field away, who is in NO danger due to their lack of proximity..the lag and latency issues being taken advantage of, the desync etc...I understand that there are bow builds that do not get carried by the "snipe, snipe, snipe and cloak away" but I also understand that the only adjustment made to this skill was moving it from last to 1st thing you unlock in the skill line...it is broken, it should be fixed...

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only question I have, because I get the points you make, do you stand in the shadows poison inject/sniping people already involved in outnumbers situations? Because that is where the issues presented really lie.....the stun, defile , huge dmg numbers (by how ever many snipes hit you at once) etc coming from somebody whose only involvement in a fight is crab walking half a football field away, who is in NO danger due to their lack of proximity..the lag and latency issues being taken advantage of, the desync etc...I understand that there are bow builds that do not get carried by the "snipe, snipe, snipe and cloak away" but I also understand that the only adjustment made to this skill was moving it from last to 1st thing you unlock in the skill line...it is broken, it should be fixed...
    In big open field fights, when I'm in one, I'm usually on my 2h bar because I can gap-close. My ulti on that bar is dawnbreaker, and I run surprise attack (triangle), ambush (square), cloak (L1), executioner (circle) and rally (L2). So my 2h bar is better for me in that situation, especially since that L1 cloak can get me out of trouble if needed. Thank God heals can hit you even when you're not part of a group though, or me and my medium armor would wilt like a wallflower. lol.

I don't run cloak on my bow bar. My ulti there is ballista, I run lethal arrow (the snipe morph), poison injection, vigor, rapids and relentless focus. Will I sometimes flank and pop a poison injection into someone's *ss? Sure. My bow is for surgical strikes, my 2h for melee. Honestly, I'm mainly a threat to other bow builds. If you're sniping my alliance, I'll do my best to snipe you back. This is especially true when attacking a keep or defending one. I kill wall-snipers, and I'll admit I will be one myself when defending a flagged keep. But when there are 20 enemies all hitting the door, I'm really only a problem for one of them :smile:

I don't know what's broken about the build. I mean, something is because I get insta-killed by someone who hit me with 5 things at once. But I don't seem to have that effect on others, so it may not be the skill lines that are broken. It may be how the game is handling things. I wouldn't doubt that there's a potential client-server problem (This game has so many) that is to blame. And I totally agree with you about crystal frags. They shouldn't have messed with that at all. It was fine as it was.
    Edited by dotme on December 17, 2018 5:05PM
    PS4NA
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dotme the build is not broken, the skill is..hence the easily taken advantage of issues in the "spammable" aspect of it...and the desync...etc

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only question I have, because I get the points you make, do you stand in the shadows poison inject/sniping people already involved in outnumbers situations?

giphy.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on December 17, 2018 5:36PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dotme the build is not broken, the skill is..hence the easily taken advantage of issues in the "spammable" aspect of it...and the desync...etc
    Well, that's what I'm saying. My bow build is old... I'm talking "Blackwater Blade" old. I've had it for years. It "feels" the same today as it did back then (in terms of what it's like to hit someone with it). So to me, the bow-line skill hasn't changed. But I think what happens to the software client on the receiving end of those blows has changed. I've experienced the same thing you have. Dropped dead instantly (granted, I only have 20k health, so I'm a sitting duck anyway) and looked at the recap only to see a whole bunch of stuff that seemed to hit me all at the same time from one player.

But I assure you I'm not firing off 5 things at once. If the server is telling my target that's what happened, the server/client communication is broken, and that wasn't always the case. I suspect ZOS has made a lot of changes to server/client communication over the years, and not all of them have been helpful when you're under attack. Either that, or some snipers have figured out how to animation/cancel so hard that they launch all that crap at you at once. I have no clue how that's done.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

really well said...of my 10 NA characters - 4 use a bow (stam dk, stamblade, stam sorc, and stam warden)...of my 5 EU characters - only 1 (stam warden uses the bow)...

it works great for sieges, large melees, when people are running away :p

i love when people run away...

can't even guess how many times i've been killed by the whole 4 snipes landing at once thing...

personally - more so than the few individuals whom may know how to purposefully exploit/take advantage of stacking their snipes and health desyncing - normally though snipe's main accomplice seems to be freaking lag...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 17, 2018 5:39PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW thanks for the civilized discussion. I realize my choice to be a stamblade with bow and 2h most of the time isn't everyone's "cup of tea" and if were I not solo 90% of the time, I'd probably main a different build.

I appreciate not being flamed for it, and for what it's worth I bet my kill-to-death ratio is awful. With hit power comes great squishiness, and I wouldn't be shocked to learn that I probably die 2-3 times as often as I get a kill :smile:
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finished up hitting tier 3 on everyone over on EU vivec...headed in to NA vivec for the first time this campaign...

as I logged on someone was stealing the ni-monhk scroll...chased them all the way to white fall mountain over in EP territory...

I was playing my DC stam warden whom still hasn't explored a lot of cyrodiil, so, I decided to do some sightseeing and visit a few caves, dolmens, and towns on the eastern side of the map...

spent some time in two of my favorite spots on the map: cheydinhall and the lunar fang docks...

I was happy to see that you no longer had to jump in the water after getting the skyshard there in lunar fang...

looks like that's where they put one of the new walkways to cross the niben river...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 17, 2018 5:47PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was in group with these nubs at bleakers heading to Chalman. These clowns are siege ing the mile-gate. I told them, you know we have to fix that to get through right. And red can take the stairs up and over the other side at us.

Abnur Tharn quote “Why are those with the most idiotic ideas also the most confident of them.” Or something like that anyways.

Well, I wasn’t gonna last In this group. I’m no Cyrodil war expert, but there’s some SMDH stuff going on around here.

It’s never just snipe that kills you btw. It’s snipe, poison inject light attack heavy attack, pi dot. The problem is, your running along. Suddenly your toon is stunned. Takes a second to realize what’s going on. Break free. Roll dodge do something. Oh it doesn’t work do it again. Your dead. Because you were already dead. The server didn’t notify you til 3 seconds later.

Happens in Maelstrom all the time. Think you survived. Up rolling around, pop vigor. Then 5 seconds later find out you were dead. The game has to catch up with itself or something.