The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Mount in Combat

Iskiab
Iskiab
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi, this is an issue that drives me nuts in Cyrodiil. I'm constantly unable to mount because I'm stuck in combat.

Being unable to mount in combat is a pve thing I assume, so people can't train dungeons or whatnot but shouldn't apply to cyrodiil or pvp. Please allow combat mounting.
Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
Havoc Warhammer - Alair
LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being unable to mount in Combat in Cyrodiil also means you can't easily turn tail and run away faster than the enemy can chase you without mounting themselves.

Being able to mount in Combat in Cyrodiil would effectively be a massive speed boost limited by the health of your mount.

So, sorry, I don't buy that not mounting in combat is purely a PVE thing with no purpose in Cyrodiil.

I also don't buy that ZOS needs to change how Cyrodiil has always worked because the bug is causing problems.

On the other hand, ZOS needs to fix the stuck-in-combat bug. ASAP.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I agree. There really is no reason to disallow mounting in combat. If your opponent tries to mount and run away, you can either attack him and dismount him, or mount up yourself and chase. If this bother people, make mounting slightly delayed, and interruptible, either with bashing or a skill that interrupts.

That being said, please fix the stuck in combat bug, ZOS. This is a huge QOL issue.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no issue with not being able to mount in combat. It is the same for everyone so it is fair.

The issue is the new and improved in-combat bug that lasts longer than it takes to walk between keeps, can persist through death and can occur even when there is nothing nearby that can put you into combat and your not in a group.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can say a mechanic is fair solely because it effects everyone.

My point is it's something that could be changed easily that would make Cyrodiil better.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it's simple. If you mount in combat your horse has 0 stamina. That way if someone is trying to mount to run away during a fight, you will instantly knock them off their horse. If not, we get to mount when we should be able to....
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’d be interesting to see a system with mounting during combat, but it’s just the way it is at the moment.

I am really tired of not being able to mount because I won’t get the heck out of combat after not hitting anything for a millenia.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR