The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Monster Mask Outfit Style page

Apherius
Apherius
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
181208072103668532.jpg

Each time I want to farm these undaunted style, someone activate hard-mode because they think it increase the chance to get the page.

Ofc HM is easy in most of the dungeon, i just take 30 more sec, I just wonder if it needed when you already have the achievement. Maybe zenimax could give an official answer to the following question : " If I complete HM once, my chance to pick up the page is doubled each time I finish the dungeon ? no matter if I put HM or not ? "

Best Answer

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    181208072103668532.jpg

Each time I want to farm these undaunted style, someone activate hard-mode because they think it increase the chance to get the page.

Ofc HM is easy in most of the dungeon, i just take 30 more sec, I just wonder if it needed when you already have the achievement. Maybe zenimax could give an official answer to the following question : " If I complete HM once, my chance to pick up the page is doubled each time I finish the dungeon ? no matter if I put HM or not ? "

At least Gina said that you should complete HM once (like having the achievement) for extra drop chance. Other factors were not mentioned, so maybe there are none
    Rawr
    Answer ✓
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe people are just in too much of a hurry for each person to check their achievements to see if they need it, so they just do it so everyone has it count? I too have heard this debated into the ground, and would like the clarification too.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most players' interpretation of the screenshot is that it's a one-time unlock (for the x2 drop chance) ... as soon as you complete the hard mode achievement.

I mean, having the drop chance improve by x2 for every time you run the dungeon on HM seems like quite a stretch doesn't it?

However, the easiest thing you can do is simply ask the group whether they want to do hard mode or not ... before starting the final boss. Not everyone is in the dungeon farming style pages. Some players may be completing old pledges still in their quest log.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 8, 2018 7:22PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    However, the easiest thing you can do is simply ask the group whether they want to do hard mode or not ... before starting the final boss.
    Not everyone is in the dungeon farming style pages. Some players may be completing old pledges still in their quest log.
    Maybe people are just in too much of a hurry for each person to check their achievements to see if they need it, so they just do it so everyone has it count?

Just to be clear, I don't run with pug when I farm undaunted style, I run with teammates, differents teammates each time I farm these styles ... and each time they activate HM because they think it increase the chance to get the page.
    It has nothing to do with pledges or those who don't want to check their achievements.

Edited by Apherius on December 8, 2018 8:13PM
  • Badwire
    Badwire
    Soul Shriven
    So have we had any real clarification from ZOS... on the HM Modifiers? Seems highly unlikely to me that the modifier is times two every run during hard mode even if you have the achievement as the last helm drop prior to ice heart was veteran blessed crucible for the troll king drop I personally through team effort and Activity finder went through over 200 that's right 200 runs through blessed crucible most on hard mode and still did not receive the style page it was given to me by a Guildmate who got it on their fith ever run through their 1st of the day. Would like to see a response from ZOS here as to whether or not these modifiers are accurate and some explanation as to why a player can run over 200 times through a dungeon and not get it yet there are people out there selling them at 1.2 million and have several up for sale.