The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This might help with lag. Found in the “General Discussion” Forum.

caeliusstarbreaker
caeliusstarbreaker
✭✭✭✭✭
Haven’t had the chance to see if it works, but Gina Bruno has acknowledged on the thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448084/psa-a-simple-trick-to-help-reduce-lag/p1
Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on December 7, 2018 2:55PM
Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
K-Hole
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    show online player + search my own name worked on my end.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
    Options
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Yea I never go to really anything except this forum, pvp combat skills and occasional PTS. This post was shown to me by a friend, figured like I would forward it like it’s hot, forward it like it’s hot... old school.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
    Options
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried this last night and the difference was immediately noticeable. I was able to react faster do things I just couldn't do before. It's definitely a game changer.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried it the past 2 days and noticed no difference.
    I believe this change is mainly for people with old to average hardwares.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 7, 2018 3:29PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

The patch they are working on will help consoles ALOT.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Yea I never go to really anything except this forum, pvp combat skills and occasional PTS. This post was shown to me by a friend, figured like I would forward it like it’s hot, forward it like it’s hot... old school.

Yea I read that thread and just learned I could set "online" only as well. Learn something new everyday!

The difference is enough to keep remembering to set that guild search. I was on today and forgot about this fix until I had some studders. Then I remembered lol.
    Edited by Minno on December 7, 2018 9:25PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s not like a colossal difference for me, but I did notice a difference.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's not the deers then
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

It seems to primarily work for consoles. Glad they’re getting a qol boost. I didn’t notice much difference on my PC. But as someone mentioned, if this is optimized for all players, and we suddenly have a lot less server traffic because of it, the game MIGHT see a performance improvement in general.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probably has nothing to do with server lag or network traffic, but rather a bug that causes client issues which is more apparent on hardware that frequently hits cpu bottlenecks like consoles and older pc processors.

Fingers crossed, but I wouldn't expect this to impact the main problem in cyrodiill which is server processing lag and bottlenecks.
    Edited by zyk on December 8, 2018 4:34AM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    It probably has nothing to do with server lag or network traffic, but rather a bug that causes client issues which is more apparent on hardware that frequently hits cpu bottlenecks like consoles and older pc processors.

Fingers crossed, but I wouldn't expect this to imact the main problem in cyrodiill which is server processing lag and bottlenecks.

If it’s constantly checking the location of other guildmates, doesn’t that mean it would have to send a request to the server which would the have to check and send the info back? So it would be some server traffic, and multiple that by say a few hundred people at a time if you’re in multiple big guilds and then multiply that by how many people are playing and you create quite a lot of back and forth I’d assume. But I know nothing about this stuff.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    If it’s constantly checking the location of other guildmates, doesn’t that mean it would have to send a request to the server which would the have to check and send the info back? So it would be some server traffic, and multiple that by say a few hundred people at a time if you’re in multiple big guilds and then multiply that by how many people are playing and you create quite a lot of back and forth I’d assume. But I know nothing about this stuff.
    We don't have enough information about ESO's server-side architecture to say for certain, but I would say it's unlikely the hardware processing our combat in Cyrodiil is the same hardware processing social functions.

Plus there have been correlations between this bug and client cpu performance by users who have noticed an improvement.

I doubt it has anything to do with network activity at all. I would bet it is purely a ui bug that causes cpu stutter in the same way problematic addons can. A ZOS dev noted over the summer that the LUA VM uses a single thread and therefore can have a big impact on client performance.
    Edited by zyk on December 8, 2018 4:33AM
    Options