Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for your tireless work to make us designers happier, and busier! <3
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone able to show effects to others? I tried and cant, wonder if it has to do with settings, other addons, firewall etc.

would be huge plus if it works for all, close to 100k downloads now, big minus if cant
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    ixie wrote: »
    @mayasunrising you need to be in the housing editor to see the FX button, I couldn't find it either at first

I was in the editor @ixie . ): I'm doomed to never having sparkly fireflies in my houses. :'( Thanks for trying to help tho.

@mayasunrising No, you will have sparkly fireflies! :wink: So, first - just in case Minion didn't update properly, make sure that you have EHT 8.9.0 or above. Also, make sure that you do a /reloadui if you have to update now -- that'll load in the new version of EHT once it's downloaded. Finally, make sure that you are in a house that you own -- Essential Effects only work in your own home and make sure that you are in (F5) Editor Mode (where you can pick up and move furniture). Once in that mode, you should see the "FX" button pop up next to the "EHT" button. Let me know if that doesn't work for ya though.

Also... you know exactly where I got that tagline from you :wink: ahem, ahem: you :-P

Thanks for responding so quickly @R_K ! I did confirm that I have the latest version (8.9.2 now), and I am in the editor, but I'm still not seeing an FX button. Here some screenshots; 1 showing the version, the other the editor screen, and the last, me lamenting the cruelness of this mortal realm:

ug8tlklyho7l.png
    gfqqfndya4uw.png7y7ehqq876rq.jpg

I do use a few addons to hide ui elements such as the compass and quest tracker and such. Could those be interfering somehow? Is the FX button it's own thing, or is it hooked to a ui element that maybe I have turned off?

Disclaimer: I may or may not be Zooey Deschanel in real life.

@mayasunrising 8.9.53 -- should fix this right up for you. Thank you for the screen shots, they helped me identify the issue. <3
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Suggestion (unless you already have it): Falling snow. Very nice work.

Edit: Seems like you do have this based on your recent post.
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on December 4, 2018 3:45AM
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @R_K how does this work technically? Are you creating UI elements client side kinda like how you can use a gathering add-on to impose arrows on the game world for you to see? Only instead of arrows you are doing it as effects that you've created?

I like learning the technical side of things. And you obviously do not have access to the actual game engine so I'm assuming it's just client side UI elements?

Regardless how it's done, it is very impressive!
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    funny thing, for example hunters has the cave under the house, I placed the cloud in the yard and it also pops downstairs :(

ng0hhtibx1s7.png

jeblw1uikydi.png

also have to be careful with overlaying some items like waterfalls, effect behind it will disappear

63enoosowe2d.png

just posting minor details :) its awesome!

trying aquarium now:

lijvcn2g4k3d.png

is it working for anyone to show to others? tested but doesn't work for me still
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imagine housing contests with this enabled
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharalei wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your tireless work to make us designers happier, and busier! <3

@Sharalei <3 You are quite welcome, SharShar <3:)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion (unless you already have it): Falling snow. Very nice work.

Edit: Seems like you do have this based on your recent post.

@edbudd39b14_ESO Done :)<3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to show effects to others? I tried and cant, wonder if it has to do with settings, other addons, firewall etc.

would be huge plus if it works for all, close to 100k downloads now, big minus if cant

@immozz01 Other players with EHT that are in your group should see your effects when they visit you now. This feature is still in Beta though, so it may not be 100% reliable just yet. (that's why I am holding off on calling this 9.0.0) :wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K how does this work technically? Are you creating UI elements client side kinda like how you can use a gathering add-on to impose arrows on the game world for you to see? Only instead of arrows you are doing it as effects that you've created?

I like learning the technical side of things. And you obviously do not have access to the actual game engine so I'm assuming it's just client side UI elements?

Regardless how it's done, it is very impressive!

@WatchYourSixx Thank you so much. And I love when people take an interest in the technical side of stuff! So the game provides a basic API for creating sprites for things like particle effects -- it's the very same system that you are referring to when you mention the HarvestMap arrows, for example. I've built a framework on top of that system that packages up that complexity and codifies it into a managed set of Effects, each of which have Particles, and all of which can have Animations.
    So with my framework, I can now quickly prototype and release various animated effects that automatically adopt this plug-and-play editable nature as well as automatic broadcasting of their configuration to other group members with EHT whenever they arrive in your home. It's a lot of code and the culmination of about 80 development hours, but this is easily one of my favorite EHT features yet -- so hopefully everyone has fun with it and makes their houses that much more interesting and unique with them! :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    funny thing, for example hunters has the cave under the house, I placed the cloud in the yard and it also pops downstairs :(

@immozz01 Oh, that's a new one... lol! I'll check in the Glade and see why that is. I hope the coordinate system isn't funky for that house -- it may just be a simple refresh issue though.

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    imagine housing contests with this enabled

@Aliyavana Yaas. I can't wait to see that. Lol
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what housing dreams are made of!!! I can't wait to try it! Thank you R_K for being an awesome ESO Santa and giving us all these amazing gifts :)
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    There are two of us and we play on a new machine and an old one.

R_K you might be interested in knowing that whatever optimization you included in version 72 that affected the Snow fall animation improved frame rates on the old Athlon II X4 with AMD HD 6950 Vid Card dramatically.

Frames with version 71 were a painful 31 (looked like about 9) and now are a comfortable 75 to 80, so very good work!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    This is what housing dreams are made of!!! I can't wait to try it! Thank you R_K for being an awesome ESO Santa and giving us all these amazing gifts :)

@Jaimeh Lol -- you are so, so welcome! Enjoy them and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two of us and we play on a new machine and an old one.

R_K you might be interested in knowing that whatever optimization you included in version 72 that affected the Snow fall animation improved frame rates on the old Athlon II X4 with AMD HD 6950 Vid Card dramatically.

Frames with version 71 were a painful 31 (looked like about 9) and now are a comfortable 75 to 80, so very good work!

@edbudd39b14_ESO Haha, yes -- thank you for letting me know, though. My first iteration of the Snow was truly a prototype as I wanted to get it out to you all for some builds I know that people are working on. But after releasing it, I was able to go back and streamline it. My effects framework still needs more tuning, but it's getting there. The game's engine is plenty capable of showing hundreds, if not thousands, of custom textures like these at once, even on older hardware -- so a tip of the hat to ZeniMax ( @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_ChipHilseberg ) on that one. <3
    Edited by R_K on December 4, 2018 8:15PM
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising you need to be in the housing editor to see the FX button, I couldn't find it either at first

I was in the editor @ixie . ): I'm doomed to never having sparkly fireflies in my houses. :'( Thanks for trying to help tho.

@mayasunrising No, you will have sparkly fireflies! :wink: So, first - just in case Minion didn't update properly, make sure that you have EHT 8.9.0 or above. Also, make sure that you do a /reloadui if you have to update now -- that'll load in the new version of EHT once it's downloaded. Finally, make sure that you are in a house that you own -- Essential Effects only work in your own home and make sure that you are in (F5) Editor Mode (where you can pick up and move furniture). Once in that mode, you should see the "FX" button pop up next to the "EHT" button. Let me know if that doesn't work for ya though.

Also... you know exactly where I got that tagline from you :wink: ahem, ahem: you :-P

Success @R_K ! Fireflies (or magical dust motes in this case have been achieved! Yay!)

May I also add something to the wish list? Ohmigooses it would be super amazing if we could not just rotate the FX horizontally, but also pivot them backwards and forwards. I would sooooo love to place the new summoning circles and such on walls to make super spoopy glyphs (like Angelic warding in Supernatural! :o ).

And I just want you to know, my sister Luna and I were just in Banished Cells I last night for the event and I saw the glyphs on the walls and told her how I soooo would love those as a housing object. Are you like...a mind reader? haha. Wait...that would mean you can hear my internal fan-girling. Ugh! Get out of my head! LOL
    3xvvbrqx74tj.jpg
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Cardinal, seriously..stop...my heart can't take it....!!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!!
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    those wall glyphs would be amazing and fit well as (long!) add to list of possibilities for FX effects :)
  • Gorak
    Gorak
    ✭✭✭
    f0ig9tsh32os.png

I finally have real water in my Gorinir. I have wanted this since it was first available. Thank you sooo much Cardinal <3
    I want a raven avatar, please.
    PC NA; DC ftw
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Success @R_K ! Fireflies (or magical dust motes in this case have been achieved! Yay!)

May I also add something to the wish list? Ohmigooses it would be super amazing if we could not just rotate the FX horizontally, but also pivot them backwards and forwards. I would sooooo love to place the new summoning circles and such on walls to make super spoopy glyphs (like Angelic warding in Supernatural! :o ).

And I just want you to know, my sister Luna and I were just in Banished Cells I last night for the event and I saw the glyphs on the walls and told her how I soooo would love those as a housing object. Are you like...a mind reader? haha. Wait...that would mean you can hear my internal fan-girling. Ugh! Get out of my head! LOL
    3xvvbrqx74tj.jpg

@mayasunrising Love that clip with the magical dust motes! <3<3<3 So beautiful!

And to answer your questions: Yes, Yes and Yes. :wink: I just uploaded 8.9.83 which adds some basic categories for the effects -- which was needed because the list has already grown quite large -- but it also made room for a number of additional sigils and glyphs, including a number of the ones shown in your screen capture from Banished Cells. :smile: And since I think you might appreciate it... I also added a Gate, Spellcraft effect. Not sure if anyone will recognize where that was shown by ZeniMax -- way, way back. But it's absolutely amazing IMO. Also, as for pitching these effects to be semi- or fully vertical: Yes - that's on its way too. :wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorak wrote: »
    f0ig9tsh32os.png

I finally have real water in my Gorinir. I have wanted this since it was first available. Thank you sooo much Cardinal <3

@Gorak You are beyond welcome! <3<3<3 Your Gorinir Estate is fully amazing -- it was even before the water; now it's just that much more amazing. Love it!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mystfit wrote: »
    Cardinal, seriously..stop...my heart can't take it....!!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!!

@mystfit LOL... sit down, sit down! These effects are intended to be fun - not heart stopping :wink:
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can the housing team just hire you? lol
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please NO! Then they would have to work under ZOS' restrictions, and we would probably have to buy these effects one at a time in the clownstore!

Jo'Khaljor
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    15dkt1u.jpg

A small problem with snow in the roof (above ceiling joists). This is "Cyrodil Jungle House".

The version I have is still "72". This may not be fixable, and for me it is of no great concern. Great job!

Edit: Ah I see. Need to set subsampling to high as per your 8.9.97 tip. Yep, that works. Very slight performance hit.
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on December 8, 2018 8:06PM
  • Tygarys
    Tygarys
    Soul Shriven
    Ahzek wrote: »

Please NO! Then they would have to work under ZOS' restrictions, and we would probably have to buy these effects one at a time in the clownstore!

Sad, but most likely true. Probably for something like 10000 or so each too.

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And to answer your questions: Yes, Yes and Yes. :wink: I just uploaded 8.9.83 which adds some basic categories for the effects -- which was needed because the list has already grown quite large -- but it also made room for a number of additional sigils and glyphs, including a number of the ones shown in your screen capture from Banished Cells. :smile: And since I think you might appreciate it... I also added a Gate, Spellcraft effect. Not sure if anyone will recognize where that was shown by ZeniMax -- way, way back. But it's absolutely amazing IMO. Also, as for pitching these effects to be semi- or fully vertical: Yes - that's on its way too. :wink:

@mayasunrising Also, 8.9.9 will now allow you to pitch most Effects by any degree you'd like, so those Sigils - for example - can now be Horizontal, Vertical or anything in between. <3:wink:
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@mayasunrising Also, 8.9.9 will now allow you to pitch most Effects by any degree you'd like, so those Sigils - for example - can now be Horizontal, Vertical or anything in between. <3:wink:

WOOP! Thank you Cardinal! You're the awesomest! <3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez