Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    NupidStoob wrote: »
    Question: is Empowering Sweep affected by Major Brutality?

I remember someone saying that it does almost as much damage as Crescent Sweep as magplar but I'm finding that to be completely untrue, even in PvE.

Ults scale of spell or weapon damage depending on what is higher so no empowering sweep does not benefit from major brutality on a magplar. It hits hard, but with the change from last patch swapping their effects around it doesn't hit as hard anymore. It still hits for a few K in no CP and can help with burst, but I always preferred dawnbreaker for the knockdown.

Hmm, that explains so much. I just automatically assumed magic damage ult = spell damage bonus.

Are you telling me some 6k weapon damage stamblade can pull out a destro staff and use Eye of the Storm with a 6k bonus??

Yes, it's effective in no cp

Ridiculous.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember Blobsky or some other streamer putting together a video of his magsorc I think just absolutely ruining people with 2h ultimate. Essentially you can either stack magicka really well or stack weapon damage really well and use whatever ult you want and have it be strong
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been thinking of making a melee build with trans or armor master front barred, bright throats, black rose resto back bar, lingering health pots and using sweeps as a main heal. Bet i could get some serious hps with ritual, lingering, and sweeps for minimal down time.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I remember Blobsky or some other streamer putting together a video of his magsorc I think just absolutely ruining people with 2h ultimate. Essentially you can either stack magicka really well or stack weapon damage really well and use whatever ult you want and have it be strong

I think sorc can use 2h ult better. Physical dmg similar to minor beserk buff with execute passive that procs off physical dmg. So it doesnt matter if a magsorc wants to run 2h.

Templar has generic WD buff :(
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been thinking of making a melee build with trans or armor master front barred, bright throats, black rose resto back bar, lingering health pots and using sweeps as a main heal. Bet i could get some serious hps with ritual, lingering, and sweeps for minimal down time.

only if you can hit with sweeps ;). You do trade valuable major intellect off pots for 15s of major vit+a HOT.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

only if you can hit with sweeps ;). You do trade valuable major intellect off pots for 15s of major vit+a HOT.

Yea.... def would use a gap closer and an ice staff to root. That hot would be killer with major vitality. Probably close to 1k pe second. Id use speed lingering health probably. Idk. I just wanna use that shield selfishly lol
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aoe centric group build. Size, damage and layering showcase.

https://youtu.be/7h_wjpJ6hLc
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know my post was the very last of page 2 (drat!)

But what do you chaps think of willpower (jewelry) armor master one bar transmutation on the other?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But what do you chaps think of willpower (jewelry) armor master one bar transmutation on the other?

I think it's way too much defense, but that's my opinion. You're gonna have a lot riding on Balorgh and an ult everyone's just gonna roll out of. I mean it's not bad for area denial but again, Balorgh isn't exactly a frequent proc.

Are you in noCP?
    Edited by Datolite on December 3, 2018 7:15PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's way too much defense, but that's my opinion. You're gonna have a lot riding on Balorgh and an ult everyone's just gonna roll out of. I mean it's not bad for area denial but again, Balorgh isn't exactly a frequent proc.

Are you in noCP?

BGs specifically. You're correct in that people leave the AoE (why I'm trying the maim version) and also correct on riding Bal for damage.

I came up with it after (Joy was it?) suggested a more consistent damage - or slow and steady type build.

Haven't played much with it yet. Any suggestions? (From anyone - I'm in a testing mood lately)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found a lot of great info here. Thank you @Minno

After reading this I went with:

Transmutation x3/x5 back bar
    Armor Master x3/x3 front bar
    Willpower x2
    Balorgh x2

Lightning Resto

ideally all impen.

dampen, purifying, WoE, Reach, Sweep, Solar Disturbance

Rune, extended, entropy (or whichever the heal morph is), Honor, and Ally Ward Panacea

Whatcha think?

I am stealing your build! Just kidding!

I have been thinking creating a PVP tank-like build (Yes I know some might be saying right now "there are no tanks in PVP, ya idiot") mainly when I am running with my PVP guild and your build got me thinking. My concern is losing damage with increased survival. So swapping out Balorgh for Valkyn or maybe going with heavy Torug's with Spinners might work?
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Willpower x2
    Balorgh x2

Lightning Resto

ideally all impen.

Rune, extended, entropy (or whichever the heal morph is), Honor, and Ally Ward Panacea

Whatcha think?

I have been thinking creating a PVP tank-like build (Yes I know some might be saying right now "there are no tanks in PVP, ya idiot") mainly when I am running with my PVP guild and your build got me thinking. My concern is losing damage with increased survival. So swapping out Balorgh for Valkyn or maybe going with heavy Torug's with Spinners might work?
    Basically that’s what I’m running, Torugs + Spinners + monster set (skoria, engine guardian, or pirate skeleton, depending how I feel). I use 5-1-1 light in no cp though and protective jewelry.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is mostly a magicka Templar guide, no? Its become so popular, I went ahead and went back stamplar to be a hipster and all. Miss that ele-draing but have a build I am trying to learn with Ravager, bloodspawn, cowards. Idea being to have ravager procing for offensive boosts when I am jabbing away and getting the minor protection at that time, then cowards kicking in when I am on the retreat/move. So far; I have screwed up after being a magplar for a while and getting in the habit of block casting HTD and I just have Rally which requires some setup. Just habits. Fighting a really good opponent, I am vulnerable a little bit with that and being offensive. Looks like it will be fun though; when you got the guys that will chase you around LOS.

Anxiously awaiting the racial rebalance as I am an argonian now but Orc redguard may be better suited for what I am trying to do. Just want to see where things fall in that pass.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aoe centric group build. Size, damage and layering showcase.

https://youtu.be/7h_wjpJ6hLc

You changed my mind in a way. I will test next time I play with swapping out wall of elements for solar barrage (for at least AOE pressure that I don't have to recast prematurely and for the empower).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So this is mostly a magicka Templar guide, no? Its become so popular, I went ahead and went back stamplar to be a hipster and all. Miss that ele-draing but have a build I am trying to learn with Ravager, bloodspawn, cowards. Idea being to have ravager procing for offensive boosts when I am jabbing away and getting the minor protection at that time, then cowards kicking in when I am on the retreat/move. So far; I have screwed up after being a magplar for a while and getting in the habit of block casting HTD and I just have Rally which requires some setup. Just habits. Fighting a really good opponent, I am vulnerable a little bit with that and being offensive. Looks like it will be fun though; when you got the guys that will chase you around LOS.

Anxiously awaiting the racial rebalance as I am an argonian now but Orc redguard may be better suited for what I am trying to do. Just want to see where things fall in that pass.

please give me your stamplar feedback! This was originally written by blabafat back when magplar was really weird spot (with some strong buffs but overall weak against stamina since it was in the process of transitioning from miss chance to malubeth cheese lol).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run snb 2h ravager bone pirate in medium. Defile +damaging stun, maim, fracture, ult gen, minor fracture, major protection.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Willpower x2
    Balorgh x2

Lightning Resto

ideally all impen.

Whatcha think?

Basically that’s what I’m running, Torugs + Spinners + monster set (skoria, engine guardian, or pirate skeleton, depending how I feel). I use 5-1-1 light in no cp though and protective jewelry.

I am thinking to make the Torug's heavy for tankiness. Thanks!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • UltimateBias
    What are you guys thoughts for Protective x3 vs Swift x3 for solo, Overworld/Imperial City play?

5532 Physical/Spell Resist seems to be pretty strong (especially since it makes shields stronger), but that said, mobility is still very worthwild for getting Sweeps to land and getting yourself out of trouble.
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 11, 2018 4:47PM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you guys thoughts for Protective x3 vs Swift x3 for solo, Overworld/Imperial City play?

5532 Physical/Spell Resist seems to be pretty strong (especially since it makes shields stronger), but that said, mobility is still very worthwild for getting Sweeps to land and getting yourself out of trouble.

Swift only gives 5% on purple and 6% on gold. Not worth the money.

Protective is very good, though I wouldnt go all three. At most maybe 2 pieces; just see how your max mag sits for each piece you add. If you are at 37-38k max mag with 1 or 2 protective, then add another piece (try not to drop below 34k).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually do 2 protective and 1 swift but I still have a large mag pool with no arcane traits at all. I know the one swift is only 6% but I really feel like it helps sweeps land quite a bit. You also move pretty quick in mist form or block canceling it for some los when needed.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont listen to this guy unless you like dying :)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lasted longer than you in that duel against that stamplar lol B)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • UltimateBias

O.o
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

O.o

https://youtu.be/yhiVvqszBPY
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • UltimateBias

O.o

Nice...good long fight.

Normally if I can't kill someone with 5-10 minutes, I disengage and leave.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • UltimateBias
    @Minno

You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.

My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.

My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

Reposition and expectation of attack.

On that build, you need 3x arcane. Each one is about equal to 80 SD (840 gold) . 80x3=240.

Is 240sd worth 15% speed? Protective gives you close to major armor buff, but you already have 3x defense sets one of which gives 2975 armor.

If your ran protective, you could go valkyn for the extra DMG.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

O.o

lmao please venmo me my 12 minutes back
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »

O.o

lmao please venmo me my 12 minutes back

I didn't say I won lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • UltimateBias
    I've got a good 1v1 of Doom vs one of the best players on ps4 na (elusiveshady), and this is back from when jabs was broken and couldnt be spammed properly.

Given he couldnt attack as he wanted, it does showcase the power of stacking HoT's on a Magplar (at times there are as many as four going at the same time) and the ability to absorb alot of punishment without sword and board/frost staff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEr9Pa0l9U&t=3s
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 18, 2018 10:40PM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA