The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PurgeBot PvP Raids

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could maybe run shacklebreaker + bonepirate(witchmother brew) + earthgore.

In 5 light 2 medium you could be both the rapids guy and the purge guy.
    PvP needs more love.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    You could maybe run shacklebreaker + bonepirate(witchmother brew) + earthgore.

In 5 light 2 medium you could be both the rapids guy and the purge guy.

That's an interesting idea but one of the main catches I can see are the buff sets each role wears for the group. For a rapids spammer they could wear 5x Hircince's Veneer 5x Powerful Assault and 2x Earthgore and have the entire character being a buff machine and having a purge spammer in 5x Sanctuary 5x Meritorious Service and 2x Earthgore so they can also be a buff machine for their group.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiara_Ra wrote: »
    Purge doesn't proc Meritorious at the moment, it doesn't even count as a Support Skill... it's broken, has been reported 1 or 2 months ago.. nobody cares it seems.

I just tested it. I used Cleanse and it worked

@imredneckson are you on console or different server? that's funny xD ...what a mess this game is..
    Cleanse - work, unmorph version and purge - not.

Copy that. Gotta love how specific some of these damn bugs can be xD

Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those interested in mag support in groups in general here's a guide we made as an overview. It will echo some of the suggestions already made but also include some others.

https://youtu.be/av1zODq3OjY
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO , I watched that last night. It's neat and gives general guidelines, but I'd be more curious to just learn a little more about Drac's comp and how they allocate roles/damage and healing thresholds to hit, etc. I think a lot of the complexity to running ball groups (and what people don't understand when they say that ball groups are all garbage players) is the thought towards comp and playstyle - that is, what you expect of certain roles in vivo and how that contributes to overall outcome.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO , I watched that last night. It's neat and gives general guidelines, but I'd be more curious to just learn a little more about Drac's comp and how they allocate roles/damage and healing thresholds to hit, etc. I think a lot of the complexity to running ball groups (and what people don't understand when they say that ball groups are all garbage players) is the thought towards comp and playstyle - that is, what you expect of certain roles in vivo and how that contributes to overall outcome.

Tbh it depends greatly on what activities groups are aiming to achieve and group size a lot.
    For mag support we would normally run 1 support per 5 players (6 if you include the support player)
    There are some of the older Dracast vids on the channel where we discuss general group comps but they are rather outdated now
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO So presumably, you've got 6 DPS, 2 mag support, 1 rapids slave, and 3 healers in a 12 man comp. In the murkmire meta, it seems like you guys are back on eye of the storm preferred to stamwarden comps.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Adenoma would depend on the objectives of the fight but that's a decent setup yeh.

Also we've never gone full stamden have always been a more magicka focused raid.
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Idk if you’re still looking for a purge bot build but here’s what I recommend:
    5 stendar’s
    5 steadfast hero
    2 earthgore
    Mag recovery on jeweller/ impen on armour

Stendars will help save magicka as you only need to heal the whole time while steadfast will provide major protection to whoever you cleanse

My Nb healer is a purge bot and it’s pretty op. I just spam healing springs the whole time while also using my burst heal

What burst heal do you use on a NB?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooof
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is an old thread.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a sorc and using a NB? Weird.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Not a sorc and using a NB? Weird.

Just using a (thread) necromancer, apparently.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lawl jabaited
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on August 26, 2019 11:26PM
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc is BiS for purger. My vision of it is more controller type than just one button bot. You really need spam cleanse situationaly under oils and hard outnumbered. In other time you use 10 skills except inner light and barrier. Streak + negate combo is awesome, obviously.

Skill options: siege shild, new mutagen, cleanse, mist form, dark deal, streak,incase, ice wall of elements, orb, negate, boundless storm, liquid lightning (if your group runs harmony). Barrier for more regen on cleanse panel.

Gear options: alternation (better than seducer imo because of ult, block, roll dodge, break free reduce cost), seducer, meritorius, wizard repost (it was nerfed, idk is it still worth it), worm, earthgore, transmutation.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this necro thread is a nice chance to clear up some misunderstandings;

1) Until recently

In fact, when the MagSorc purge role was introduced so long ago, it was never meant as a "purge bot". The reason why I prefered the MagSorc to do this (while at that time mostly Templars and MagBlades did the purge role) was not only because of Dark Exchange, but because it increased the Ultimate generation for Negates and Overload as well. Years ago the Negate played a much more critical role than today, and those who could use it more often had a clear advantage.
    The MagSorc purger was/ is originally not a purge monkey, but a ranged DD that purges, and who becomes nearly immune to enemy ranged attacks due to the purging.

If people are brainlessly spamming Cleanse, they will detonate the Inevitable Detonations cast on their group; so they really should have a secondary role when the situations arise when spamming Cleanse is NOT the best option.

However, there are other options: A CC purger like in this AoE rats video is reasonable as well - and could additionally even provide for rapids, I think:

https://youtu.be/2GT7dRexP6E?t=540

2) now

Though MagSorcs are still the best purgers, there have been some developments that make them less attractive in that role, namely:

a) Negate becomes less useful with the rise of the new Mutagen, Vigor spamming, and StamWarden healers. Even the strongest classical healer, a MagWarden, is typically positioned outside of a potential Negate because spamming healing seeds is easier when you have some distance between you and the group.

b) Overload does no longer play a role, neither for AoE damage nor for ranged single target dps, nor for having a third bar.

c) The Sorc´s CC role, though the easiest and most reliable option among the other classes, directly competes with synergizable skills like Talons, or Nova; their use potentially reduces damage and/or success chance of a synergy strike.

d) Synergy bombing requires powerful synergies. Liquid Lightning is okeyish, but not in the same league as Talons, Nova, Graveyard, or even Orbs.

e) That being said, a 6-person group optimized for keep and tower farming consists of 3 StamWardens, 2 MagWardens (or 2 - 3, depending on what kinds of fights you are expecting), and one free Magicka class group spot; you could make a lot of arguments in favor of a DK in that role, but Templar and Magblade and MagNecro should be close. MagSorc is just "okay".

Thus, having a group spot for a MagSorc purger would decrease your bombing power to a degree that the damage could be potentially not sufficient.

Therefore, it is probably better to share the Cleansing role between one of the 2 MagWardens, and the free Magicka class (probably a DK or Templar) than to have a "real" purger.

3) When is a MagSorc purger still better?

a) You could make an argument that in No CP it is almost impossible for a DK to reach the Cleansing power of a MagSorc due to ressource problems.

b) If a group isn´t optimized for chokepoint farming (and prefers open field battles) a purging MagSorc DD is still the strongest class to do it - because the PuGs will never learn that their bow attacks and Flame Reaches and Soul Traps are a great source of healing while the purging MagSorcs destroy them one by one.
    Edited by Thraben on August 28, 2019 12:02PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really just proves that necro is the correct class for a purgebot :trollface:
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    hope that guy created this post for a joke. want to believe "Forest Gump"s don't rule our reality.

(addition) lol, didn't noticed, that it was created at 2018, let this thread to die again ye
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on August 29, 2019 11:46AM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    That sounds like absolutely riveting gameplay. Please stream it so we can experience the thrills alongside you.

@Thogard for once I TOTALLY AGREE! Lol. (And it was funny too!).

It’s BAAAAAACK Tho!
    Edited by JumpmanLane on August 29, 2019 1:59AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this where pvp has gone or is going? One person in a grp dedicated to using just one skill?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Is this where pvp has gone or is going? One person in a grp dedicated to using just one skill?

I'm surprised this thread still has legs since July 2018.

The thread necromancy ought be indicative that this is where PVP has been. "Rapids-spammer" ringing any bells?

Any chance we can let this thread die a well deserved second death?