The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PurgeBot PvP Raids

Zewoh
Zewoh
✭✭
Hey im looking to get into pvp raids and have been asked to play a purgebot but has no idea about gear/race/cp/skills (other than purge) does anyone have a build or know where i can get one?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try asking the group that wants you to be a purgebot? Personally, I'd find using just one skill boring really quick, but they probably have some build items for how to run their purgebots.

Purge can be expensive, so I'd look at adapting a PVP healer build,
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 29, 2018 10:01PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^

Whoever asked you has an idea of exactly what they mean. Hopefully they know what they are actually talking about.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like absolutely riveting gameplay. Please stream it so we can experience the thrills alongside you.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **** purge.

The only spell which allows ball groups to run as they do now.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice. Find another group. That sounds so very very boring and will cure you of any desire to pvp ever again. There are lots of raid groups that don't require 1 player for 1 skill. But each to their own.
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on July 30, 2018 10:38AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next step after mastering PurgeBot: RapidsSpammer.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Zewoh
    What class are you?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    That sounds like absolutely riveting gameplay. Please stream it so we can experience the thrills alongside you.

I don't have it linked anymore, but someone actually did this. The first 45 seconds of the youtube video they posted had them in the corner of a keep, with the flag obscuring the screen, while they did nothing but spam purge+healing springs over techno.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll be bad at pvp if you always run in a ball group.

Look at some of these rank 40+ cp 750+ people. Absolutely embarrassing pvp'ers, it genuinely confuses me how you can play a game for so long yet still be that bad at it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zewoh wrote: »
    Hey im looking to get into pvp raids and have been asked to play a purgebot but has no idea about gear/race/cp/skills (other than purge) does anyone have a build or know where i can get one?

@Zewoh For a Purge Bot build here's what you're going to want. For the gear --

5x Seducer 5x Lich 2x Earthgore

Here is the link to the build - http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=61308unknown.png

For larger scale groups they need rapids and purge spammers thanks to everyone and their grandmother spamming time stop and scattershot. This will really help out your group trust me on that.

Enjoy :)
    Edited by imredneckson on July 30, 2018 5:56PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    There is an alternative.... absolutely stack health, healing received and health reg

the way you purge then is by using Spell Symmetry and then Purge

here would be an example build that is less reliant on the healing of your group:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=29356
    (is already a few patches ago)

note that reapers mark is a pretty good heal for that kind of build
    Edited by Siliziumdioxid on July 30, 2018 6:16PM
    Guild: Ancaria
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Idk if you’re still looking for a purge bot build but here’s what I recommend:
    5 stendar’s
    5 steadfast hero
    2 earthgore
    Mag recovery on jeweller/ impen on armour

Stendars will help save magicka as you only need to heal the whole time while steadfast will provide major protection to whoever you cleanse

My Nb healer is a purge bot and it’s pretty op. I just spam healing springs the whole time while also using my burst heal
    Edited by NightAngel690 on November 23, 2018 8:00AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A better idea. Join almost any good PvX or PvP guild that runs more casual groups, have people help you with a decent build and have fun learning the ropes. Chances are they’ll have a welcoming voice chat and people will be open to helping you. Then you can slowly figure out what works for you and learn to actually PvP instead of sitting there being a literally bot.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 23, 2018 8:13AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re literally spamming purge, and need sustain then Seducer + Alteration is the best combination. And you should be a Breton in 7 pieces Light Armor. You’ll probably still need to add some Magicka Regen enchants on jewelry (avoid Magicka cost reduction enchants, they have diminishing return combined with % cost reduction).

If you can sustain it, consider swapping one of the sets above to Meritorious Service. It gives a nice armor buff to your allies every time you cast purge.

This does sound like a boring role though, hopefully it involves more than it sounds like.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slot purge and you're good to go. Also sit on crown, never leave crown, press purge button continously and disengage brain. You can turn off your monitor to save on your electric bill when you master this build!
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seducer+transmutation and earthgore on a magplar. Gives you good sustain, with sword and board plus resto staff on off bar to keep mutagen on youll also give crit resistance due to 5 pc bonus. Maybe bloodspawn instead of earthgore for extra ultimate but earthgore is a purge too when it proccs so it depends I guess
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

I don't have it linked anymore, but someone actually did this. The first 45 seconds of the youtube video they posted had them in the corner of a keep, with the flag obscuring the screen, while they did nothing but spam purge+healing springs over techno.

That sounds hot.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've recently done some theorycrafting for a buff *** Sorcerer build (sorc is best, no contest).

5 Alteration Mastery
    5 Battlefield Acrobat
    2 Engine Guardian

Your goal is to have ridiculous sustain on both mag and stam. You dump all stamina into rapid manouvers and you dump all magicka into Purge/Time Stop/Encase. You can fiddle with the jewelry Enchants and run stam regen for Rapids support or run mag regen for Purge/Time Stop support.

Battlefield Acro and Alt Mastery also decrease ultimate costs which is good since negate magic is an insane ult for large group play. But if you don't want to run a sorc you can use warhorn and still be strong for support.

You can add a lot of value to the group with this setup. You can spam Purge forever, plus Negate Is So Good that you want to have one ready for any big fight.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re a dedicated purge bot, then I would run something similar to @imredneckson , but with some small changes. Swap the jewelry to infused with magicka recovery and run alteration mastery over Lich. Monster helms are flexible - you can run either earthgore, blood spawn, or mismatch one piece magicka recovery sets. Otherwise, just be sure to wear all light armor and get your health to 28k.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    If you’re a dedicated purge bot, then I would run something similar to @imredneckson , but with some small changes. Swap the jewelry to infused with magicka recovery and run alteration mastery over Lich. Monster helms are flexible - you can run either earthgore, blood spawn, or mismatch one piece magicka recovery sets. Otherwise, just be sure to wear all light armor and get your health to 28k.

@Adenoma ive been revamping the build a bit more.

unknown.png

I also had a group comp I made with this so this is buffed up with the different sets buffing it up

unknown.png

You can go all light if ya want but I like a bit more protection but you can easily swap out Seducer for Sanc, Jorvuld's Guidance, etc You can also swap out Thurvokun with EG for more heals if wanted.
    Edited by imredneckson on November 24, 2018 7:42PM

Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purge doesn't proc Meritorious at the moment, it doesn't even count as a Support Skill... it's broken, has been reported 1 or 2 months ago.. nobody cares it seems.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge doesn't proc Meritorious at the moment, it doesn't even count as a Support Skill... it's broken, has been reported 1 or 2 months ago.. nobody cares it seems.
    I was using it last night and I could see the effect at my feet and my groups. Are we not getting the buff from it or has it been fixed?

Edited by imredneckson on November 24, 2018 8:36PM

• DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was using it last night and I could see the effect at my feet and my groups. Are we not getting the buff from it or has it been fixed?

Has not been fixed, I just logged in and tested it. Once out of combat and once in combat just to be sure. You don't get increased mag recovery while Purge is slotted and it also doesn't proc Meritorious.
    You probably casted other abilities from the Support Line... maybe siege shield?
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

PC - EU

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just gonna say - meritorious ain't working. I also think it's best to stack thurvokuhn on a defile/CC warden. They'll more reliably pump out the plague flowers and benefit more. I'd rather have a NB on either blood spawn or earthgore so that you can keep popping major vitality with soul siphon.

Again, if you're in LoM you certainly have the numbers to maximize your role. Basically, don't focus on healing/buff roles. If you're there as a purge bot, then build to be a purge bot. Right now it looks like you're a hybrid of a couple roles.

A few other changes I'd suggest:
    fear traps are amazing, much better than mass hysteria.
    infused jewelry
    go light armor - you will be tanky enough considering any raid will have redundant heals, minor maim, major evasion, transmutation, and decent uptime on major vitality with black rose resto/soul siphon
    impen shield, infused with absorb magicka on S&B.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just tested it. I used Cleanse and it worked

Screenshot_20181125_112347.png
    Screenshot_20181125_112356.png

Edited by imredneckson on November 25, 2018 5:26PM

• Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't really play a bot... you either play or you do a job for a bot.
    If your group asked you to play a support role which includes purge, than there would be several ways how to approach that task, depending on what class and other supportive tools would you like to bring (or they would like you to bring) into the mix.
    If they want you to become a one-button-wonder bot, I'd suggest find some group that takes you in and lets you actually play the game.
    Edited by Stigant on November 25, 2018 5:38PM
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    You can't really play a bot... you either play or you do a job for a bot.
    If your group asked you to play a support role which includes purge, than there would be several ways how to approach that task, depending on what class and other supportive tools would you like to bring (or they would like you to bring) into the mix.
    If they want you to become a one-button-wonder bot, I'd suggest find some group that takes you in and lets you actually play the game.

That's your opinion. Other like myself like playing a purge spammers. I also like playing a rapids spammer, a dragonknight debuff tank, and a defiler permafrost spammer. If you're fighting in a strict raid and you need to play a specific role that you enjoy great. If not and you're playing what you like and are following the TOS, who cares what others think.

• DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭

@imredneckson are you on console or different server? that's funny xD ...what a mess this game is..
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

PC - EU

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DivineFirstYOLO NA PC

Agreed, this game is just screwy.
    Edited by imredneckson on November 25, 2018 7:27PM

• Tiara_Ra
    Tiara_Ra
    ✭✭✭

@imredneckson are you on console or different server? that's funny xD ...what a mess this game is..
    Cleanse - work, unmorph version and purge - not.
    PC EU, ESO player since beta & early accessCo-GM PvP guild "Lagacy"