Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moving ESO to a new computer

Windstrider2017
So I'm getting a new laptop (possibly the HP Spectre, if that info is helpful in any way) for college, and I'd rather move my copy of ESO to my new computer instead of having to buy the game again. If it's possible to move it to a new computer, please let me know how to do it.
Main: Raa'kim - Khajiit Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The threads linked below goes over some ways on how to move the ESO installation over to a new PC. The suggestions in these thread may help you out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually all you have to do is install elder scrolls online via your profile, or if you use steam, since this is server side all your game information is stored externally.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Characters aren't stored on your computer, so you just reinstall the game.
    If you mean addons and such, you can probably just:

- Copy it over
    or
    - Log in with your new computer, but same profile (if there's a bigger computer behind the works)
    Edited by kadochka on November 25, 2018 8:38PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Actually all you have to do is install elder scrolls online via your profile, or if you use steam, since this is server side all your game information is stored externally.

@chaz

For future FYI, all our game information is not stored externally.

There are game settings that are stored locally then we get into addons and their settings. When moving machines it is much easier, and wise, to transfer those settings over to the new machine.

To OP, if it is not mentioned in the links Bill provided you will find in your Documents folder there is an ESO folder.

While addons are easy to download again via Minion, the UserSetrtings and AddOnSettings folders are worthy to copy over. I am not sure where key bindings is saved if you happened to have changes those.
    Edited by idk on November 25, 2018 8:56PM
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

@chaz

There are game settings that are stored locally then we get into addons and their settings. When moving machines it is much easier, and wise, to transfer those settings over to the new machine.

To OP, if it is not mentioned in the links Bill provided you will find in your Documents folder there is an ESO folder.

While addons are easy to download again via Minion, the UserSetrtings and AddOnSettings folders are worthy to copy over. I am not sure where key bindings is saved if you happened to have changes those.

Actually my reply is actually based on experience.

I changed 4 computers in the 4 years I've been playing.

Add ons, as zos team would kindly say, and I qoute: "Add-ons are not created by us and are used at your own risk".

Thus, true not stored on zos servers, however esoui will still have them as a favorite, especially if one created a profile, and second, minion is fairly easy to use.

So , no brown nosing here. My answer is the shortest and simplest. With out directing the "OP" as you say to different pages. Was simply assuring them, as based on personal experience, one can simply log into eso from any computer , desktop or laptop via user name and password and will still have access to their account.

Does that pretty much some it all up you you multiple star under icon person that decided to be an BUTT HAT (you know what I mean) today and single target me by quoting my name instead of just minding your own business of what I wrote and tell the "OP" your own opinion.

Based on current review of all your past posts, I can see how you spammed your way up with all those stars under your icon.

Maybe I should be more like you.

That said, considering eso is a pos right now that does not work , thanks to high end ping, lag and disconnects, I really rather care less either way.

Thanks for the pop rep. I love when people quote me like I matter and or make a difference.

See ya.

((FOR LORD DAGON))
    Edited by chaz on November 25, 2018 9:39PM
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@chaz

Add ons, as zos team would kindly say, and I qoute: "Add-ons are not created by us and are used at your own risk".

Thus, true not stored on zos servers, however esoui will still have them as a favorite, especially if one created a profile, and second, minion is fairly easy to use.

So , no brown nosing here. My answer is the shortest and simplest. With out directing the "OP" as you say to different pages. Was simply assuring them, as based on personal experience, one can simply log into eso from any computer , desktop or laptop via user name and password and will still have access to their account.

Does that pretty much some it all up you you multiple star under icon person that decided to be an BUTT HAT (you know what I mean) today and single target me by quoting my name instead of just minding your own business of what I wrote and tell the "OP" your own opinion.

Based on current review of all your past posts, I can see how you spammed your way up with all those stars under your icon.

That said, considering eso is a pos right now that does not work , thanks to high end ping, lag and disconnects, I really rather care less either way.

Thanks for the pop rep. I love when people quote me like I matter and or make a difference.

See ya.

((FOR LORD DAGON))

Please, no fighting! (Directed at both of you, nothing personal.) There's no need to over something as small as this. :3
    But yes, keybindings are easy to adjust, and you can copy or redo all your addons. It may be a pain, but if you can't copy it over directly, you have to suck it up. Sorry!
    @Windstrider2017 Logging into your ESO account from a new computer will cause it to send a code to your email; just paste it into the popup box once and you're good from that point on.
    @idk try to be more considerate, maybe?
    And yeah, ESO isn't the most.. stable right now? Let's hope it gets better. :)

Good wishes from me, nothing more! <3

(Also, just wanted to note... I've just started playing Oblivion, so seeing a bunch of stuff for the Mythic and Dagon made me chuckle.)
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@chaz

See ya.

((FOR LORD DAGON))

While in reality OP was just asking if it was possible so I suppose a simple yes was really all that was needed. However, if we are going to give advice it is best to give complete and correct advice, to the best of our knowledge and abilities.

Sorry you took offense to someone pointing out some minor inaccuracies to your original post. That is all it is. Disregard if you really do not care, but for OP it could very well be helpful.
  • Windstrider2017
    Thanks everybody! Hopefully it shouldn't be to difficult, just time-consuming, but if it all works out and I have the game on both computers, I can't really complain lol.
    Main: Raa'kim - Khajiit Templar - Aldmeri Dominion