and I have ordered new His and Hers computers. At least for me that will include an OS change (Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro). My question is whether it will be necessary to do a whole install and download, or whether a lot of file copying can safely be in the mix.
I'm hoping the answer is this:
- Start by going to the appropriate place online, downloading whatever software ZoS offers, and run it.
- Once that installation has incurred, confirm that whatever the Windows 10 equivalent is to ... Program Data (x860)>Zenimax Online has been created, along with subdirectories such as Launcher and uninstall.
- Test that the launcher works, but quickly abort it, rather than using it to download all the files.
- Copy .... Zenimax Online>The Elder Scrolls Online is from the old computer to the new one. (If there already is one on the new computer delete it first.)
- Do the same thing for Zenimax Online>The Elder Scrolls Online PTS.
- Do the same thing for ... Users> ... >Elder Scrolls Online.
Should that actually work?