Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Class for solo'ing dungeons?

d10is13
d10is13
What do you think would be the best way to solo dungeons? I can't deal with the *** morons I get in the group finder.

I'm thinking maybe a pet sorc?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like stam sorc, since crit surge is great for self healing, and the AOE is perfect for dealing with large dungeon mobs.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pack leader werewolf.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh solod nearly all vet dungeons (including dlc) on his pet sorc
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d say Magplar, with decent damage and great self heals. Sorcs and Nightblades have poor defense and healing now, and pets can no longer take aggro.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Eclipse (either morph) help much with magplar soloing? It looks good in theory, but I don't generally see it in vMA build suggestions.

And am I correct in guessing that you can only have Eclipse active on one target at a time?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 29, 2018 11:59AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden IMO.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does Eclipse (either morph) help much with magplar soloing? It looks good in theory, but I don't generally see it in vMA build suggestions.

And am I correct in guessing that you can only have Eclipse active on one target at a time?
    It's pretty meh for PvE. All dungeon/trial bosses are immune to it, so you only get to use it on trash mobs... but then why bother with Eclipse when you can just jab everything to death. xD
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petsorc is still probably the best option. Will need a little more defense than before, but you still have constant damage output via your pets and streak is pretty useful for dedicated soloing.

Outside of a few particularly challenging fights or solo-prohibiting mechanics, most classes can solo most vet dungeons, but often it'll be so much of a chore that you're better off just dealing with group finder or (even better) finding a decent crew to play with.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    MagPlar is the easiest to survive as you will be tanking, healing, and need defense. The rune gives you a lot of defense and sustain. Class heals let you use an ice staff or SnB for defense and a Fire for offense if you need to.
    StamSorc is the best AoE but you will be squishier than MagPlar.
    MagBlade isn't bad because you can cloak past a lot of mobs or use sap essence and will have better dps against a boss but you won't have the defense of MagPlar or the mobility of StamSorc.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found pet sorc the easiest in the past. With the changes to shields, I've been playing with Stamblade werewolf more but am still undecided. There's a lot to like with WW, though lack of really good AoE can be an issue if you stay in form throughout the whole dungeon

On any given class, I find that the most difficult bosses to solo are not always those that are most difficult for groups. Those that use a large number of stuns and knock-backs seem disproportionately harder when you are the sole recipient of all of them.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam sorc lets gooooooooooooooooooooo
    at a place nobody knows
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use eclipse on my stamplar when learning vma and my dps was really low for parts of stage 5 and for the minders on stage 7 boss, I havent used it for pve in a long long while though
    Edited by TheNightflame on November 3, 2018 3:25PM
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disagree with magplar. You're only getting heals while spamming sweeps, kills any rotation when you're under pressure, or you get no healing for 4/5 seconds while applying dots/buffs.

Definitely mag/stam sorcerer is the way to go. Great aoe, 30 seconds of strong, passive healing for one button press.
    PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I'm using an Argonian Mag Blade for soloing group content. He's extremely hard to kill, even when I lose concentration.

I have also used an overload pet sorc, but not since the pet and shield changes. He was a bit faster through the content but required complete concentration. If I ever lost focus in a long fight he usually died very quickly.
    PC EU
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    For pure soloing I would go with Stam Sorc simply because of Hurricane + Crit Surge = 3k heals every second basically.
    They also have good mobility and and an insta execute.

However, Stam Sorc is lacking in the damage department. Not saying that they are bad, bud a Stamden or Stamblade will outperform damage-wise every single time. Combine with Vigor and so can solo a ton on them as well.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reads like a tantrum post disguised as an advice post.

I've been running 5 randoms a night. I have encountered a few morons, including one who never left the front door of the dungeon. But I've encountered no full groups of morons, and none of the moronic individuals actually managed to ruin my fun. Not once.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Stamden I solo World Bosses, solo dungeons, dolemens, public dungeons. I can keep up massive damage while healing and have access to defensive abilities when bombarded by adds.

Lotus Flower allows me to heal on hit and with CP in healing received and done, I am seeing 3k+ heals on just normal attacks which is equal to the Stamsorc. The only difference is that I have to keep it up and stay aware which IMO is more fun. With Vigor as a heal over time, Healing Mushrooms for my burst heal and Healing Thicket as my oh *** moment; I have crazy healing while putting up massive damage.

Stamsorc is like the basic *** class for soloing, Magblade is really good but with twisting path losing its damage while healing I feel like Magblade kinda took a step back but it's still a good class but personally Warden is my ***.

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    d10is13 wrote: »
    I can't deal with the *** morons I get in the group finder.

What you really need is a proper group or a proper guild.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class a player is best at is the best for them to solo dungeons.

While some are easier than others, it is clear any class can handle challenging content since all classes clear vMA with solid scores. But going to a class one is not familiar with just because others find it easier will not provide them with the same results until they get comfortable with the class.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play stam classes so my opinion on this is a bit limited but out of all stam classes it would be the stamsorc, good self heal via crit surge and insane aoe damage which makes you melt though adds in a breeze. It cant get more easier. You dont even have to change gear, skills or cps, just use your regular trial or dungeon build and you are ready to go.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone update this for current changes? They nerfed a lot of classes lately
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.