The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Snipe

frostz417
frostz417
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If I’m not mistaken. Zos has made it crystal clear they no longer want hard hitting abilities stunning. So how come stealth/snipe stuns? And it’s never been addressed.
How come this one ability that’s 40+ meters has the same damage output as dizzy swing and also has major defile or minor fracture. Let’s not forget how people can literally just sit in the back of groups and spam away at one button.

Now before some triggered garbage snipe spamming zerglings try to counter argue. Allow me to shut your arguments down before hand.
“It’s easily able to be heard and it has a cast time, and it’s easy to dodge l2p”

Yes it does. Maybe if I’m alone riding alone and I hear the snipes and it’s a 1v1 situation. If I don’t get health desync which rarely happens. But when I’m figjting say 2 or 3 people. It’s unlikely I’m going to hear said snipe spammer, and I’m not just going to dodge all snipes while still fighting the other 2-3 people since they’re likely spamming cc’s and roots. So no the “it’s easy to hear” excuses doesn’t work. Unless of course it’s just a 1v1 and please. Tell me how many times you get into a 1v1 with a sniper because the second you see said sniper he’s just going to perma cloak away and pooof gone. So no. It’s not as simple as “jUsT d0DgE iT”

Don’t even get me started on health desync. I love when I’m riding alone in cyro or fighting people when my health just suddenly drops from 100% to 0% health as 5 snipes all register at once.
A few times I get lucky and only 2-3 register but I get perma stunned from them since of course stealth snipe stuns and God knows who zos hasn’t fixed that since they once again clearly stated they don’t want hard hittin abilities to stun.
Not to mention this particular bug has never been fixed.
Zos has never even touched snipe each patch unlike literally every other skill they nerf without any hesistation. I’m beginnign to think these incompetent developers just want PvP to consist of snipe spamming trash.

It’s absolutely stupid how a hard hitting ability can just be spammed from 40+ meters away, adds and the guy spamming them can just cloak away and hide only to spam away again. Literally takes no skill. If they removed this trash PvP would be a lot better. Along with the bugs that come with this stupid skill. If there’s anything I missed? Please do tell.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a sniper character. My issue isn't the stun, but the lack of cue. Look at dark flare, the templar skill. If you get hit clean with this skill you take a ton of damage. But you never and I mean never not know it's coming, unless you have a hearing disability or turn down your volume. Just today for example I died to 4 lethal arrows but only heard one. Replayed the clip and still only heard one arrow.

Sorry but this isn't the sniper's fault or the victim's. Game works properly and you can counterplay. Game doesn't work properly and you can't.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice against snipers is invest into immovable detect pots.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My advice against snipers is invest into immovable detect pots.

Immovs last 15 seconds as well as detect pots. Plus I’m not going to detect some garbage zergling whos 40+ meters away. Try again.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage it does is incredibly dumb in BGs. Getting hit for ~10k through 24.5k Physical Resist and Minor Protection is too much. And no, them being squishy isn't a suitable drawback for the amount of burst damage they're capable of putting out. Being mid-fight with someone else and suddenly keeling over because you lose roughly half your HP to one shot that doesn't even give an indicator doesn't make for good gameplay.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know you want to stop damage from zergs, but, making threads like this is not the answer.
    no matter what skill weather its snipe or crystal fraggs or stone fist or even light attacks its all the same exact result.

"groups of people like a zerg is going to kill you and stun you no matter what they are using, and it will always end in death of the person because it is a group of people, and by asking for those 1 particular thing to be removed is foolishness"

so if its sloads, or snipe, its all the same.

by you making threads like this requesting one skill or one set of armor or even a certain weapon type be removed or nerfed is just foolishness, because even if they do listen and remove that one thing, people will keep making new threads asking for the next item to be removed.

its a horrible vicious cycle that needs to end.

so lets end it right here and admit the truth
    and that truth is:

"groups of people like a zerg is going to kill you and stun you no matter what they are using, and it will always end in death of the person because it is a group of people, and by asking for those 1 particular thing to be removed is foolishness"
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your real problem is zergs and ZOS poor pvp modes. Stuff like snipe exits in every other mmo and in MMOs that actually have real competitive pvp. So snipe really isn't the problem.

1vXers cry cause they can't exploit whatever crutch meta is out there by LoSing and then ult dump comboing against snipe users as easy which is exactly why the skill exists, to provide variety and counter play. I get it is how some have found a way to enjoy this game's poor pvp but it will actually just continue to go down hill and homogenize the game if nerfs are always cried for and the community doesn't push for some decent pvp modes that don't cater to cancer. Cause in reality if we had decent pvp modes and ZOS fixed their net code so dysnc was less common snipe would actually need a buff as it is a trash skill for anything but using at the back of a zerg or in engaging with someone preoccupied with the other team like in BGs.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    If I’m not mistaken. Zos has made it crystal clear they no longer want hard hitting abilities stunning. So how come stealth/snipe stuns? And it’s never been addressed.

Because it is the stealth attack that carries the stun, not the ability. If you want to prevent the stun, slot radiant magelight.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It stuns because it’s used with CC poisons or it’s from stealth or it can snare and stun. Both stamblades and snipe are OP right now and the CC from magnum shot is the new rune prison.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    It stuns because it’s used with CC poisons or it’s from stealth or it can snare and stun. Both stamblades and snipe are OP right now and the CC from magnum shot is the new rune prison.

Rune prison was unblockable undodgeable, and unreflectable. Magnum shot is neither.
    Edited by Sharee on November 21, 2018 7:49AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Rune prison was unblockable undodgeable, and unreflectable. Magnum shot is neither.

I didn’t say it did exactly what rune prison did but it’s on par in terms of how buggy the CC break is, obsurd range etc. But I can see where you like to defend all these silly skills.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t say it did exactly what rune prison did but it’s on par in terms of how buggy the CC break is, obsurd range etc. But I can see where you like to defend all these silly skills.

Of course i will "defend" a skill if you suggest (literally or otherwise) something about it that is not true. Magnum shot is nowhere near the effectiveness of a CC that was completely unavoidable.

Now, if you would say "stun from magnum shot is hard to break out of, similar to rune cage" then i would agree - and add that reverb bash also has the issue.
    Edited by Sharee on November 21, 2018 8:03AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course i will "defend" a skill if you suggest (literally or otherwise) something about it that is not true. Magnum shot is nowhere near the effectiveness of a CC that was completely unavoidable.

So you’re saying that the CC from it is not super buggy and the range for such a strong CC isn’t absurd? Imo those were the main problems with rune prison. It serves the exact same function which is to stand a range in BGs and pick off people from afar while they’re fighting others, with little to no effort.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 21, 2018 8:03AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you’re saying that the CC from it is not super buggy and the range for such a strong CC isn’t absurd? Imo those were the main problems with rune prison. It serves the exact same function which is to stand a range in BGs and pick off people from afar while they’re fighting others, with little to no effort.

No, i'm saying the ability is nowhere near old rune cage. And the range is not "absurd" - it is a bow ability, ffs.
  • GC0
    GC0
    ✭✭✭
    Snipe has major defile, is incredibly safe to use due to the range and hits hard. It is annoying for how easy it is to use
    PC - EU
    CP 1200+
    Greenkoma - EP Grand Overlord Grade 2 (50) Stamina Templar
    Greencoma - DC Grand Overlord Grade 2 (50) Stamina Dragonknight
    Komahh - EP Colonel Grade 1 (25) Stamina Sorcerer

I swear I'm not a tank :^)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, i'm saying the ability is nowhere near old rune cage. And the range is not "absurd" - it is a bow ability, ffs.

I’m not gonna argue with someone who probably stands at the edge of a battle sniping people from stealth. The magnum shot CC features a BS knock back that is no longer allowed on javalin, it’s buggy, it’s among the longest range abilities. If it’s meant to keep people away from bow users (if they aren’t already jsut using cloak to get away) then it should function at closer range like it used to. But anyway, it’s easily as annoying as rune cage used to be and used in the same cheesy fashion hence why I call it the new rune cage, not because it’s exactly the same.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The complaints are there for years now. ZOS won’t fix it, in fact they have not even commented on the ongoing issues with the skill. Bow is one of the skill lines that just isn’t well designed. It lacks the tools for PvE (outside endless hail) and it’s buggy beyond repair in PvP.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe needs the streak treatment.

The defense to snipe - roll dodge - has exponential cost increase if you spam it.

No reason why snipe shouldn’t have the same thing to prevent people from spamming it while still allowing tactical usage of a still absurdly powerful skill.

Beginning the snipe channel should also pull a player out of hiding / stealth / cloak.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

The defense to snipe - roll dodge - has exponential cost increase if you spam it.

No reason why snipe shouldn’t have the same thing to prevent people from spamming it while still allowing tactical usage of a still absurdly powerful skill.

Reason: One snipe can not hit 10 players. But one roll dodge can avoid snipes from 10 players. Therefore, dodge has a stacking cost, while snipe does not.

• bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    As all the good nightblades have told me. "Learn to play or swap to a dk with wings"
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭

Reason: One snipe can not hit 10 players. But one roll dodge can avoid snipes from 10 players. Therefore, dodge has a stacking cost, while snipe does not.

Yeah snipes balanced. You can only snipe desync / 1shot 1 person at a time.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hero, 100% agree. The stun part, as mentioned, is linked to the stealth mechanic, but this should not prevent to make snipe not able to stun. Ever. It's a *** *** ability, one of the things that require less skill or effort in the game to use even decently.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought, and feel free to disagree and critique. But couldn’t this be solved by adding an easily accessible reflect into the alliance trees? Make it so it has a stamina and magicka morph. But make it only reflect one ability so it doesn’t outclass the DK wings.

Or is this more an issue of 3-4 hitting simultaneously?
    PvP needs more love.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The OP seems to think that multiplayer battles in Cyrodiil should be fair, that he should be able to counter a back-line sniper while he's already fighting several players. Nonsense. That is the role of the sniper: to pick off enemies from a position of safety, either from a keep wall or the back line. A large-scale battle is not a duel and should not be thought of as such.
    Edited by Aztlan on November 21, 2018 12:34PM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic spells should stun also from hide?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Beginning the snipe channel should also pull a player out of hiding / stealth / cloak.

I'm not opposed to this.

I agree Snipe is overloaded as far as range, utility, and damage output for cost. However as far as counters its also unbalanced, interruptable, dodgeable, blockable, and reflectable, snared while casting and long delay which performs terribly in lag. There is legitimate reason why no "elite" pvper slots it, it is just as unfair to ignore that when discussing it.

The only thing that truly makes snipe perform better and be overall more prevalent than Dark Flare or Crystal Frag, is the ability to use cloak and sneak with Snipe to guarantee crit's and stuns on unsuspecting players.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a sniper character. My issue isn't the stun, but the lack of cue. Look at dark flare, the templar skill. If you get hit clean with this skill you take a ton of damage. But you never and I mean never not know it's coming, unless you have a hearing disability or turn down your volume. Just today for example I died to 4 lethal arrows but only heard one. Replayed the clip and still only heard one arrow.

Sorry but this isn't the sniper's fault or the victim's. Game works properly and you can counterplay. Game doesn't work properly and you can't.

Honestly if you’re really defend this ability it just shows you likely use it. How about you play something other than a garbage playstyle that takes no skill. And no it’s not on my end getting heath desync. Not when my internet is nearly perfect and I get no lag issues. The fact that garbage players defend the most pathetic playstyle ever is just absurd and completely beyond me. Learn to play something other than snipe and actually use skill. The fact that zerglings just spam a 40m dizzy swing easily and from stealth with the safety of 40+ meter distance is completely stupid.
    Edited by frostz417 on November 21, 2018 1:41PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

Because it is the stealth attack that carries the stun, not the ability. If you want to prevent the stun, slot radiant magelight.

Radiant magelight isn’t helpful against people 40 meters away. Do you people read?
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    The OP seems to think that multiplayer battles in Cyrodiil should be fair, that he should be able to counter a back-line sniper while he's already fighting several players. Nonsense. That is the role of the sniper: to pick off enemies from a position of safety, either from a keep wall or the back line. A large-scale battle is not a duel and should not be thought of as such.

Snipe spamming zergling defected smh
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bagon wrote: »
    As all the good nightblades have told me. "Learn to play or swap to a dk with wings"

Anyone who uses snipe isn’t good. They’re just cowards who can’t play without their ez no skill playstyle.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what an attitude. I'm not a garbage player, zergling, or whatever other disparaging label you want to throw out there. That is not an argument. It's schoolyard BS. Snipe is fine, for the reasons I set out. The lag and bugs should be fixed. And no, I don't play a sniper.
    Edited by Aztlan on November 21, 2018 2:49PM