The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe

• arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know you want to stop damage from zergs, but, making threads like this is not the answer.
    no matter what skill weather its snipe or crystal fraggs or stone fist or even light attacks its all the same exact result.

"groups of people like a zerg is going to kill you and stun you no matter what they are using, and it will always end in death of the person because it is a group of people, and by asking for those 1 particular thing to be removed is foolishness"

so if its sloads, or snipe, its all the same.

by you making threads like this requesting one skill or one set of armor or even a certain weapon type be removed or nerfed is just foolishness, because even if they do listen and remove that one thing, people will keep making new threads asking for the next item to be removed.

its a horrible vicious cycle that needs to end.

so lets end it right here and admit the truth
    and that truth is:

"groups of people like a zerg is going to kill you and stun you no matter what they are using, and it will always end in death of the person because it is a group of people, and by asking for those 1 particular thing to be removed is foolishness"

plz-stop-post.jpg

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    If I’m not mistaken. Zos has made it crystal clear they no longer want hard hitting abilities stunning. So how come stealth/snipe stuns? And it’s never been addressed.

Because it is the stealth attack that carries the stun, not the ability. If you want to prevent the stun, slot radiant magelight.

Radiant magelight isn’t helpful against people 40 meters away. Do you people read?

Yes, i do read. That's how i know radiant magelight prevents you from being stunned by stealth attacks while it is slotted, even against people 40 meters away.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or swap snipe and rapid fire with obvious adjustments?
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I’m not mistaken. Zos has made it crystal clear they no longer want hard hitting abilities stunning. So how come stealth/snipe stuns? And it’s never been addressed.

Because it is the stealth attack that carries the stun, not the ability. If you want to prevent the stun, slot radiant magelight.

Radiant magelight isn’t helpful against people 40 meters away. Do you people read?

Yes, i do read. That's how i know radiant magelight prevents you from being stunned by stealth attacks while it is slotted, even against people 40 meters away.

I’d assume it would only work when you cast the ability, not have it slotted
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Wow, what an attitude. I'm not a garbage player, zergling, or whatever other disparaging label you want to throw out there. That is not an argument. It's schoolyard BS. Snipe is fine, for the reasons I set out. The lag and bugs should be fixed. And no, I don't play a sniper.

Snipe is fine in a 1v1 scenario or if you’re A group fighting a sniper. It’s not fine when you’re in BG’s and fighting 2 or so others and then suddenly just drop dead from 4 snipes or get stunned due to the absurd stealth snipe cc.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read the tooltip.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Read the tooltip.

Well I’ll be damned, I just thought it increases the radius not remove stealth stun
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve said it 1000 times, snipe should be the bow ult and rapid fire a skill that’s a bow spammable. Adjust numbers as needed. Fixes snipe spam in PvP and make Bow an interesting dps weapon in PvE.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Gilliam
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come this one ability that’s 40+ meters has the same damage output as dizzy swing and also has major defile or minor fracture. Let’s not forget how people can literally just sit in the back of groups and spam away at one button.

Now before some triggered garbage snipe spamming zerglings try to counter argue. Allow me to shut your arguments down before hand.
    “It’s easily able to be heard and it has a cast time, and it’s easy to dodge l2p”

Yes it does. Maybe if I’m alone riding alone and I hear the snipes and it’s a 1v1 situation. If I don’t get health desync which rarely happens. But when I’m figjting say 2 or 3 people. It’s unlikely I’m going to hear said snipe spammer, and I’m not just going to dodge all snipes while still fighting the other 2-3 people since they’re likely spamming cc’s and roots. So no the “it’s easy to hear” excuses doesn’t work. Unless of course it’s just a 1v1 and please. Tell me how many times you get into a 1v1 with a sniper because the second you see said sniper he’s just going to perma cloak away and pooof gone. So no. It’s not as simple as “jUsT d0DgE iT”

Don’t even get me started on health desync. I love when I’m riding alone in cyro or fighting people when my health just suddenly drops from 100% to 0% health as 5 snipes all register at once.
    A few times I get lucky and only 2-3 register but I get perma stunned from them since of course stealth snipe stuns and God knows who zos hasn’t fixed that since they once again clearly stated they don’t want hard hittin abilities to stun.
    Not to mention this particular bug has never been fixed.
    Zos has never even touched snipe each patch unlike literally every other skill they nerf without any hesistation. I’m beginnign to think these incompetent developers just want PvP to consist of snipe spamming trash.

It’s absolutely stupid how a hard hitting ability can just be spammed from 40+ meters away, adds and the guy spamming them can just cloak away and hide only to spam away again. Literally takes no skill. If they removed this trash PvP would be a lot better. Along with the bugs that come with this stupid skill. If there’s anything I missed? Please do tell.

Slot purge dude.

That's standard forum blade advice for standard forum blade skills

On the side note snipe does nowhere near the damage as dizzy swing. Snipe usually crits and offers no counterplay.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on November 21, 2018 5:09PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How come this one ability that’s 40+ meters has the same damage output as dizzy swing and also has major defile or minor fracture. Let’s not forget how people can literally just sit in the back of groups and spam away at one button.

Now before some triggered garbage snipe spamming zerglings try to counter argue. Allow me to shut your arguments down before hand.
    “It’s easily able to be heard and it has a cast time, and it’s easy to dodge l2p”

Yes it does. Maybe if I’m alone riding alone and I hear the snipes and it’s a 1v1 situation. If I don’t get health desync which rarely happens. But when I’m figjting say 2 or 3 people. It’s unlikely I’m going to hear said snipe spammer, and I’m not just going to dodge all snipes while still fighting the other 2-3 people since they’re likely spamming cc’s and roots. So no the “it’s easy to hear” excuses doesn’t work. Unless of course it’s just a 1v1 and please. Tell me how many times you get into a 1v1 with a sniper because the second you see said sniper he’s just going to perma cloak away and pooof gone. So no. It’s not as simple as “jUsT d0DgE iT”

Don’t even get me started on health desync. I love when I’m riding alone in cyro or fighting people when my health just suddenly drops from 100% to 0% health as 5 snipes all register at once.
    A few times I get lucky and only 2-3 register but I get perma stunned from them since of course stealth snipe stuns and God knows who zos hasn’t fixed that since they once again clearly stated they don’t want hard hittin abilities to stun.
    Zos has never even touched snipe each patch unlike literally every other skill they nerf without any hesistation. I’m beginnign to think these incompetent developers just want PvP to consist of snipe spamming trash.

It’s absolutely stupid how a hard hitting ability can just be spammed from 40+ meters away, adds and the guy spamming them can just cloak away and hide only to spam away again. Literally takes no skill. If they removed this trash PvP would be a lot better. Along with the bugs that come with this stupid skill. If there’s anything I missed? Please do tell.

Slot purge dude.

On the side note snipe does nowhere near the damage as dizzy swing. Snipe usually crits and offers no counterplay.

Oh yea purge definently will help against constant 5-8k snipe spams from a kid who’s 40 meters away and just spams cloak when I even think about seeing him. Totally works. 100% solid advice couldn’t have done it without slotting purge. Didn’t know purge also heals me all the way to max health, immediately detects all stealthed opponents and makes me unkillable
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slot purge dude.

Oh yea purge definently will help against constant 5-8k snipe spams from a kid who’s 40 meters away and just spams cloak when I even think about seeing him. Totally works. 100% solid advice couldn’t have done it without slotting purge. Didn’t know purge also heals me all the way to max health, immediately detects all stealthed opponents and makes me unkillable
    Read the second sentence...Phoenix was being sarcastic.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no legitimate defense of the amount of single-shot damage that snipes are capable of in Battlegrounds. The stealth-stun isn't nearly as bad as Draining Shot, due to break free not working well against the latter, but the damage is totally inexcusable.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Your real problem is zergs and ZOS poor pvp modes. Stuff like snipe exits in every other mmo and in MMOs that actually have real competitive pvp. So snipe really isn't the problem.

1vXers cry cause they can't exploit whatever crutch meta is out there by LoSing and then ult dump comboing against snipe users as easy which is exactly why the skill exists, to provide variety and counter play. I get it is how some have found a way to enjoy this game's poor pvp but it will actually just continue to go down hill and homogenize the game if nerfs are always cried for and the community doesn't push for some decent pvp modes that don't cater to cancer. Cause in reality if we had decent pvp modes and ZOS fixed their net code so dysnc was less common snipe would actually need a buff as it is a trash skill for anything but using at the back of a zerg or in engaging with someone preoccupied with the other team like in BGs.

This right here!
    The homogennizing and destruction of classes and playstyles are a big reason I don't play ESO these days. It's a pretty boring game now with compared to other MMOs on the current market. 1vXing should be a thing. But as a group's numbers reaches critical mass then 1vX (Skill > Numbers) should end up being (Skill < Numbers).

Since I been gone from ESO since Murkmire. I been playing GW2. And even the Rangers Long Bow's Rapid Fire that is a higher damaging skill per capita compared to snipe. But because that game work, as it should Rapid Fire is not a issue.

However because ESO almost always has constant desyncs. You will be almost always get hit by at least 3 Snipes before any sound or light effects register on your end.(Mind you I also plays BDO and time to time Star Citizen on higher graphic setting with little to no issues or latency.) Then the health desync with Snipe and some of the other Stamina based abilities, just means you always have half a health bar.

ESO just has so many performance issues. That things like Snipe looks brokenly overpowered. But it's actually not, it's just that the game performance need a major buff. And ZOS is just either unwilling or incapable of doing so.

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Snipe needs the streak treatment.

The defense to snipe - roll dodge - has exponential cost increase if you spam it.

No reason why snipe shouldn’t have the same thing to prevent people from spamming it while still allowing tactical usage of a still absurdly powerful skill.

Beginning the snipe channel should also pull a player out of hiding / stealth / cloak.

Actually Snipe, all gap closers, DKs Reflective Scales, NB's Cloak, and the Warden's Shimmering Shield all needs the streak treatment. If we was truly talking about balance.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    I’ve said it 1000 times, snipe should be the bow ult and rapid fire a skill that’s a bow spammable. Adjust numbers as needed. Fixes snipe spam in PvP and make Bow an interesting dps weapon in PvE.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Gilliam

You're not the only one mate
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The defense to snipe - roll dodge - has exponential cost increase if you spam it.

No reason why snipe shouldn’t have the same thing to prevent people from spamming it while still allowing tactical usage of a still absurdly powerful skill.

Reason: One snipe can not hit 10 players. But one roll dodge can avoid snipes from 10 players. Therefore, dodge has a stacking cost, while snipe does not.
    @Sharee An honest question. Why are you always so set on defending obviously broken stuff? You also defended the original sloads like your life depended on it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reason: One snipe can not hit 10 players. But one roll dodge can avoid snipes from 10 players. Therefore, dodge has a stacking cost, while snipe does not.

I can’t tell if you’re intentionally being ironic or not...

But there’s nothing that can hit 10 players that can also be dodge rolled. You can’t dodge roll AOE abilities.

You literally are providing a supporting argument that backs up my own.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »

Alternatively if you want to keep it the overloaded hard hitting ability it is, make snipe a ground attack like Endless Hail.

1m radius big enough to hit 1 person. That way it will take some skill to land in exchange for the high dmg it does.
    Sniper would have to lead the target to get a hit, because the homing missile it currently is, is total bs.

I seen a magblade shade port and watched a snipe in flight do a 90 degree turn mid air and still hit. Seems legit...

Special place in hell for bowtards, 'legit' play style or not... worse even than sorcs just fury spamming anything that moves...

"hurr durr I want to pvp, but too scared to really pvp. I'll be over here behind a tree pew pewing while you fight other ppl... lolololol I'm good at pvp, look at my kills/score lololol".

There is a reason snipe ganker play style attracts the biggest trolls...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP needs some skill of his own if he wants to proceed to say what takes skill and doesnt ;)
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    OP needs some skill of his own if he wants to proceed to say what takes skill and doesnt ;)

Good assumption bro, love when snipe spammers who try to defend their playstyle.
    I don’t think anything can come close to snipe spammer in terms of lack of skill playstyle. How about maybe you get some skill and play something other than spamming snipe from 40 meters away 😉
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

Slot purge dude.

Unreal. Just shut this thread down if we’re going to get this garbage. Block and dodge aren’t real answers to snipe?

X% crit means you have the same exact change to crit on anything.. snipe doesn’t have some *** magical crit increase on it

Literally everything you’ve said is coming out your ass
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

Slot purge dude.

Unreal. Just shut this thread down if we’re going to get this garbage. Block and dodge aren’t real answers to snipe?

X% crit means you have the same exact change to crit on anything.. snipe doesn’t have some *** magical crit increase on it

Block and dodging aren’t counters to snipe
  • bagon
    bagon
    ✭✭✭
    bagon wrote: »
    As all the good nightblades have told me. "Learn to play or swap to a dk with wings"

Anyone who uses snipe isn’t good. They’re just cowards who can’t play without their ez no skill playstyle.

No trust me they r good. They told me so
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slot purge dude.

Blocking is not a counter to snipe because 1. the major defile goes through block
    2. The cost of blocking it over time will be more expensive than the cost of casting snipe (unless in a 0 lag environment that doesn’t exist).
    3. Snipe can be cast at a range that does not allow counterplay blockcasting from the target other than an expensive defensive skill such as wings.
    4. Blocking slows the target down significantly, making it harder to get to LOS, and blocking the snipe does not grant stun immunity.

Roll dodge is a viable counter but only if the dodger is close to LOS. Roll dodge’s increasing cost means it is only a short term counter.

Hence why I’d like increasing cost on snipes. This would eliminate the “spam” and reward the targets who counter snipe effectively. Players like you who don’t spam it (you’re more of a shoot twice and kite kind of guy) wouldn’t be significantly affected.

Another option would be to increase the cost based on the distance to target. Sniping at 10m or less costs the same, but a 20m snipe costs 2x as much, a 40m snipe costs 4x as much stam, etc.

This would hinder the snipe spammers ability to escape / break free after spamming from a long distance. It adds an element of risk to their range that is currently lacking.

Again, you would not be affected by this since AFAIK you’re doing the asylum bow thing.
    Edited by Thogard on November 21, 2018 10:52PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

Slot purge dude.

Blocking is not a counter to snipe because 1. the major defile goes through block
    2. The cost of blocking it over time will be more expensive than the cost of casting snipe (unless in a 0 lag environment that doesn’t exist).
    3. Snipe can be cast at a range that does not allow counterplay blockcasting from the target other than an expensive defensive skill such as wings.
    4. Blocking slows the target down significantly, making it harder to get to LOS, and blocking the snipe does not grant stun immunity.

Roll dodge is a viable counter but only if the dodger is close to LOS. Roll dodge’s increasing cost means it is only a short term counter.

Hence why I’d like increasing cost on snipes. This would eliminate the “spam” and reward the targets who counter snipe effectively. Players like you who don’t spam it (you’re more of a shoot twice and kite kind of guy) wouldn’t be significantly affected.

Another option would be to increase the cost based on the distance to target. Sniping at 10m or less costs the same, but a 20m snipe costs 2x as much, a 40m snipe costs 4x as much stam, etc.

This would hinder the snipe spammers ability to escape / break free after spamming from a long distance. It adds an element of risk to their range that is currently lacking.

Again, you would not be affected by this since AFAIK you’re doing the asylum bow thing.

No the counter to snipe is you don't let the sniper stay at 40m with clear los. This is a l2play 101 issue in EVERY. SINGLE. competitive multiplayer game there is. This is the equivalent of charging a sniper across an open field in an fps with only a shotgun.

The bow skill line exists for a reason. It exists just fine in many other games. Could use some adjustments for sure. But first fix the net code so dysnc doesn't happen as often and create pvp modes that actually offer a clear picture of balance. Cyro definitely isn't that and the 3 teams in BGs muddies the waters bad too.

Last if snipe gets the streak treatment then all spammables should then too. But definitely not really. Snipe is the bow line spamable. What is a bow user supposed to do then for 3-4 sec? Some may say magnum could be but it's not quite either. The bow line is a mess. A clearly defined spammable on par with other lines needs to happen. I personally hate that snipe is that now as it isn't a fun skill but until then bow has maybe crushing weapon as an alternative which isn't fun either.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slot purge dude.

No the counter to snipe is you don't let the sniper stay at 40m with clear los. This is a l2play 101 issue in EVERY. SINGLE. competitive multiplayer game there is. This is the equivalent of charging a sniper across an open field in an fps with only a shotgun.

The bow skill line exists for a reason. It exists just fine in many other games. Could use some adjustments for sure. But first fix the net code so dysnc doesn't happen as often and create pvp modes that actually offer a clear picture of balance. Cyro definitely isn't that and the 3 teams in BGs muddies the waters bad too.

Last if snipe gets the streak treatment then all spammables should then too. But definitely not really. Snipe is the bow line spamable. What is a bow user supposed to do then for 3-4 sec? Some may say magnum could be but it's not quite either. The bow line is a mess. A clearly defined spammable on par with other lines needs to happen. I personally hate that snipe is that now as it isn't a fun skill but until then bow has maybe crushing weapon as an alternative which isn't fun either.

You aren’t thinking this through.

You don’t know that the snipe is coming until after it’s already in the air.

If you LOS while it’s travelling, the snipe will still hit you.

Furthermore we’re discussinf fights with multiple opponents and a melee aspect to it. Often times you will be engaged with one player and then the sniper starts shooting.

FPS analogies are really not relevant. LOs is great until that LoS is blocked by the other enemy players or a third team in BGs

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Slot purge dude.

Snipe spamming zergling defected. Learn to play something other than an ez no skill playstyle where you just sit 40 meters away spamming snipe.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a sniper character. My issue isn't the stun, but the lack of cue. Look at dark flare, the templar skill. If you get hit clean with this skill you take a ton of damage. But you never and I mean never not know it's coming, unless you have a hearing disability or turn down your volume. Just today for example I died to 4 lethal arrows but only heard one. Replayed the clip and still only heard one arrow.

Sorry but this isn't the sniper's fault or the victim's. Game works properly and you can counterplay. Game doesn't work properly and you can't.

Is flare also stunning from hide ? This is retorical question btw.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 22, 2018 12:24AM
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    So OP learned from his thread that there's a very simple counter to both the stun and the snipe damage for magicka classes but many must have missed it because the thread goes on.

I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Beginning the snipe channel should also pull a player out of hiding / stealth / cloak.

This so much. either implement this or let my dizzying swings be 40 meters long