The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf and aggro

hadrond
hadrond
Soul Shriven
Hello, I have the following question, I have a werewolf that makes 50k of dps, my problem is that there are people who say that the werewolves rob the aggro of the tank.
How much truth is there in that?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tank is taunting with an actual taunt, pets and other players will not take aggro from the tank unless they use an actual taunt skill (puncture, inner fire, ice staff heavy attack or the tormentors set). Now there are certain bosses that are immune to taunt.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 21, 2018 12:37AM
  • hadrond
    hadrond
    Soul Shriven
    When I did hrc in veteran was with a werewolf and it was quickly achieved, but the second time people told me that my wolves were stealing the taunt.
    Currently my set is blood moon releqeen and molagkena.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tank is taunting with an actual taunt, pets and other players will not take aggro from the tank unless they use an actual taunt skill (puncture, inner fire, ice staff heavy attack or the tormentors set). Now there are certain bosses that are immune to taunt.

This.

Tanking in ESO does not use an agro table like some games. It all comes down to keeping taunt on the target.

If taunt drops off for a second the boss can change targets instantly. Also has Varanis pointed out there are bosses that taunt is irrelevant. Final boss in Direfrost Keep is a great example. All her attacks go to random members of the group regardless of taunt.

That is not to say there is not an agro table, but that is not the design of tanking here and the agro table works in odd ways.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hadrond wrote: »
    When I did hrc in veteran was with a werewolf and it was quickly achieved, but the second time people told me that my wolves were stealing the taunt.
    Currently my set is blood moon releqeen and molagkena.

You have no taunting method during WW form , blame the tank :)