The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Game saying login information incorrect even though website accepts...

• Laerrus
    Laerrus
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS announced earlier in the week that everyone would have to input their game keys and set up their subscription plans at the end of the early access (which they extended).

Games require you to input a payment option before getting account activation all the time. This is nothing new. It's just to ensure you are a legitimate player. You don't have to pay anything until the 30 days are up and you can cancel your sub immediately after setting up your payment method of choice.

Please stop creating new threads and use the search function on the forums to find related threads.

I've heard the same scripted reply countless times in regards to other users with a similar complaint...

Actually... many don't. A prime example is World of "Warcrack". Seven years ago I purchased both the retail client and a game card in order to begin my access to their servers. Never was it required to set up a subscription.
    Options
  • BigDumbViking
    BigDumbViking
    ✭✭
    ZOS_JasonL wrote: »
    Hey there, @lazemomentum. Your retailer should still provide you with a game code. Any Imperial Edition or Explorer's Pack codes can be entered after you enter the initial game code and select a subscription option.

@zentruehazzrdub17_ESO, if you're not able to log into the account page, have you tried using your User ID and not your email address? You may also want to try resetting your password.

Where do I find the game time code if I purchased on the ESO site?
    James Dalton - Nord Dragonknight

& Trusty Steed Roadhouse

Options
  • caryhammub17_ESO
    I'm in the same boat, I bought my Imperial Edition through the game site, I have no email anywhere with any code, and the game wants a sub now.

This is just plain weak on the company's part. Not a good way to get things going.

Now I have to input my bank card, because I do not have a time card, I hate using my bank card for games.

Start taking Discover please, and while your at it, wait til the actual 30 days of free play time is up before you lock people out of the game they paid up front to play for said 30 days.

Edit:

Turn off the clock on the pre-order emails in game so those of us who do not want to claim the items yet can let them sit in mail forever if we want without taking up bank, or inventory space.
    Edited by caryhammub17_ESO on April 6, 2014 8:39PM
    Options
  • chrisb16_ESO102
    chrisb16_ESO102
    Soul Shriven
    There is NO code if you bought from the game site.

The ONLY way I can see of continung is set up a recurring subscription, check you account page and as soon as your 30 days drops to 29 the included days are activated then cancel subscription straight away.

And whoever stated that this is the way many games do it, require a sub BEFORE you can play using the game time included in purchase, is talking total BS, I have NEVER needed to do this before!
    Options
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    I won't be getting my imperial edition until Wednesday or maybe after, have been playing with my pre-order code for the regular edition and I upgraded yesterday to the imperial edition and it won't even ship until tomorrow, so now I am stuck until my box comes?

And to ZOS_JasonL
    There is no "Manage Subscriptions" options on my account page.
    Edited by Pristia on April 6, 2014 9:10PM
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
    Options
  • Marcow
    Marcow
    Instead of puttin wrong password. They should put : You need to update your payment
    Options
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you purchased the digital version of ESO directly from The Elder Scrolls Online website, your game code has been applied automatically. You will then need to select your subscription in order to begin your 30-days of unlimited play. Sign into the account page and select "Manage Subscription." Now you should be able to log into the game!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • BigDumbViking
    BigDumbViking
    ✭✭
    If you purchased the digital version of ESO directly from The Elder Scrolls Online website, your game code has been applied automatically. You will then need to select your subscription in order to begin your 30-days of unlimited play. Sign into the account page and select "Manage Subscription." Now you should be able to log into the game!

WRONG. Not without applying a subscription, which is not what was implied when I purchased the digital imperial edition! It says that i can play unlimited for the first 30 days and then select a subscription.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on April 6, 2014 8:59PM

& Trusty Steed Roadhouse

Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Selecting prepaid game time code and then "continue" asks for a game time code before activating our free 30 days.
    Game time codes are not available.

How do we access our 30 free days?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • DigitalFubar
    lol lucky you guys i dont even have the option to set up a sub..
    Options
  • Siddartha
    Siddartha
    i have a question.....i wanted to pay via paysafe cards...but at the moment its late and i dont want go to gas station....i have my prepaid kredit karts which are not loaded at the moment...could i use them to make an use of my free 30 days free time untill i get tomorrow the paysafe card? than at least tonight i could play
    Options
  • Dugato
    Dugato
    I dont have a manage subscriptions button, the code i recieved from amazon that let me play until this morning is the only code Ive gotten. when i try to resubmit it to the redeem code button it says invalid code. So I have no other code that i recieved, I have no manage subscription button. what am I suppose to do?
    Options
  • BigDumbViking
    BigDumbViking
    ✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Selecting prepaid game time code and then "continue" asks for a game time code before activating our free 30 days.

That is what he is saying... you don't. Basically, they lied on their digital imperial edition when they said we got 30 free days. Now they want us to sign up for a recurring payment before they will let us use it, even though they said on the website that you would be allowed to play free for the first 30 days then select a subscription... That's some dirty ***.

& Trusty Steed Roadhouse

Options
  • koboldwisdom_ESO
    So ZOS is telling me that because I bought a physical Imperial Edition though an online retailer and won't be delivered until later this week, that I just have to...... wait? Even with early access code and everything. Buy the super special edition and get screwed?

Also, NO, the email from the retailer does not contain the full game code. It's still sitting in the box, printed on the back of a CD case, that is floating around somewhere in the lower 48 states.

This is crap, ZOS. Utter crap. If only there had been a simple so lotion, like authorizing retailers early shipment of the game to mail order customers so they would have it on time......
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

That is what he is saying... you don't. Basically, they lied on their digital imperial edition when they said we got 30 free days. Now they want us to sign up for a recurring payment before they will let us use it, even though they said on the website that you would be allowed to play free for the first 30 days then select a subscription... That's some dirty ***.

I do not disagree with you but I comprehend what they are doing if they are not activating our 30 free days until our subscription is activated.
    But the game time cards are not available at retail, and there is talk of many retailers not having them for over a month.

If we intend to pay with game time cards, and game time cards are not available, logically the company should be doing something to allow us access to our time while we wait.

It's not that I am unwilling to pay, it is simply that the method of payment they told us we could use is not actually available for use.
    How then can we be expected to use it?

Being locked out of game for the first month because a method of payment is not available for use is really bad form.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Chillingblock
    Chillingblock
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there, everyone. Just as a reminder, Early Access for ESO has ended. In order to log into the game, please redeem your game code on our account page. After you redeem your code, you'll be able to select your subscription. The 30 days of unlimited play will begin at that point. Thanks everyone, and enjoy your time in Tamriel!

If I have 30 days of game time
    I don't see why we would have to set-up a subscription to use the time we already have
    Are we gating a free 30 days gameplay or not?.
    Options
  • Deluged
    Deluged
    ✭✭
    Older gamer here. I say that just because I've never seen such an under-handed way to get people to subscribe to a game. I bought the digital copy with 5 days early play. I don't use Credit Cards, period. I shouldn't be required in any case to prove or pay for anything before MY 30 days FREE play time is expired.
    You basically lied. Purchase the game, get 30 days free time. What if I don't want to play the game anymore after 30 days? I've spent money for a 30 day game card, so I can play my 30 day free time????????????????
    Did you ever consider that a month of play is all some folks intended to do??
    This is enough for me to see the writing on the wall, and give this MMO a pass.
    Yes its not and earth shattering problem. But it does tell me that problems are going to be present with this company down the road. I have absolutely no trust in what they say.
    Truth? It's a person..
    Truth? It will set you free.
    Truth? only trumped by Love.
    Options
  • Chillingblock
    Chillingblock
    Soul Shriven
    Pristia wrote: »
    I won't be getting my imperial edition until Wednesday or maybe after, have been playing with my pre-order code for the regular edition and I upgraded yesterday to the imperial edition and it won't even ship until tomorrow, so now I am stuck until my box comes?

And to ZOS_JasonL
    There is no "Manage Subscriptions" options on my account page.

Same here.....?????
    WTH....

Options
  • simonrwb17_ESO22
    I've requested my account is closed and the digital purchase is refunded. I can't afford to pay in Euros from a New Zealand base and you won't let me use my "free" 30 days that I've already paid for.

How long is this going to take please ?
    Options
  • Rasly
    Rasly
    ✭✭
    Noctem wrote: »
    Hey there, I've been using the same login information to play and today I get on and I can't login to the game yet I can login to the website fine! Help!
    ITS A SCAM, those 30 days dosn't exist, you have to go buy game time now and hope that they wont scam you again.

Options
  • kazarkas
    kazarkas
    What if I want to use pre-paid cards that haven't hit the market yet.... failed launch.
    Options
  • Stormzor
    Stormzor

So..what about us that cant login even after doing all this?
    Options
  • mithrrilb14_ESO
    Stormzor wrote: »

So..what about us that cant login even after doing all this?

Indeed! That's the case for me and I haven't been able to get in for three days now. I can't get any help from customer service no matter who I contact.
    Options
  • Eldarus
    Eldarus
    Worked for me, set up sub plan and got 0$ charged for the first month.
    Options