The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Leave My Argonian Werewolf Alone

Wuuffyy
Wuuffyy
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m absolutely sick of all these nerfs. TH is wrong with you guys! You don’t have a vision beyond that of finances. I use the trash looking in game race as a way to sustain magic and keep healing strong as a required part of a permanent wolf werewolf build. I sacrifice ALL damage and high max stat from different races for this okay bistat recov. That’s my trade off.

Are you giving me a better alternative? Do you even care about niche gameplay or is the play the way... just another marketing lie? Are you giving me a race change token?

I change my build every other patch and purposely avoid as much meta as possible but when you force me to change it l, I draw the line. Going to be honest... If your “minor” changes to races this upcoming patch are as major as I think they will be, then I’m done. Sure you don’t care at all but I’m done with all of it.
Wuuffyy,
ESO player since 2014
-PM for questions
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this ^, kids, is the reason why you should not do drugs
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have heard rumors of upcoming racial changes. Where is this info coming from?
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have any question bro just ask I've found a way for a highly reliable magica sustain... And I'm a khajiit
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you absolutely deserve to be nerfed if you are OP, regardless of whether you like it or not. anybody who played the game since the initial racial overhaul can attest to how OP argonians are, especially in PvP and PvE tanking. You have virtually more stamina sustain than Bosmer, and that says a lot, given Bosmer are the stam sustain race with added mag and health sustain

you give up nothing for it, dont lie. There is a reason 50% of the PvP playerbase is argonian. What you do even mean by give up all damage? You give up 10% stamina(3k stamina) to get 10% health(3k health) and insane healing. Your extra super sustain is essentially free... Dont even bother sugarcoating it.

Niche? You running a meta stamina playstyle with a meta PvP race and call it niche?
    Edited by nsmurfer on November 14, 2018 2:20PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to DBoS all over your Werewolf :(
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What we know: 1# People think argonians sustain is OP. 2# We know update 21 comes with racial rework

So I guess this guy just did 1+1 and is outrage of what he figured out.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian has been majorly unbalanced for over a year now and every PTS cycle we've been asking for Race balancing and haven't gotten it. There's a reason everyone including top pvp'ers started playing as the ugliest race in the game when before that it was among the least played.

Argonian has a huge advantage over every other race for tanking in PvE because of the sustain and in PvP where sustain and healing have become the two weakest areas in a build Argonian has become by far the easiest race to play competitively on. That advantage was compounded with the addition of the Infused jewelry trait and potion cooldown glyphs earlier this year in Summerset.

It's not just the amount of sustain but how exactly the sustain is given. Argonians sustain passive allows you to get all the resources back at the exact moment u need it such as when your completely out of Stamina or low Health and about to die allowing you to reset the fight.

Argonian might of been balanced in the old meta we used to have a couple years ago when sustain was near infinite on any Race and you could run double damage sets, but not in this new meta where sustain and healing dominates more than the little extra damage you get from other Races.
    Edited by Twohothardware on November 15, 2018 2:03AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You potion suckas are going down :*
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is from the update 21 combat changes discussion that will happen sometime next year. Keep in mind they commented on a direction , but have never up to this point said what is going to be done or not done.

Hit the recent button, It is at the top of the list.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • megachin502
    megachin502
    Soul Shriven
    I'm fine with them nerfing argonian, as long as they still work as Magicka or stamina because all of my characters are argonians and this allows me a lot of flexibility and time save. And if they made them into one specific spec, adios eso.
    Edited by megachin502 on November 16, 2018 7:29AM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with them nerfing argonian, as long as they still work as Magicka or stamina because all of my characters are argonians and this allows me a lot of flexibility and time save. And if they made them into one specific spec, adios eso.

Yea... This is more or less what I meant. I don't want them to alter the passive mechanics but I'm okay with them watering it down a bit (dark deal nerf, pvp shields, cloak nerf, incap nerf, etc.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have any question bro just ask I've found a way for a highly reliable magica sustain... And I'm a khajiit

Pm me... I might be willing to try other things but there is a chance I've already heard about it too.... idk yet.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on November 16, 2018 8:32AM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a) full armor enchanted in prismatic jewelry in triune
    b) dual wield, nirnhoned(weapon damage)/infused(steal magica enchant)
    c) Use tripots and only use them when magica is empty NOT when stamina is empty(use the off balance cc and HA to fill up stamina)
    d) use white ww pets are controllable (Ha the target you want to focus pets will attack that target only) and take a lot of heat of you plus I'm sure they proc the magica steal enchant
    D) Mighty Chudan(8k resistances 2k ich more max health what's not to like) TK is nice but if you take way less damage you won't have to drain your magica as much trying to counter heal
    Oly changes I made sofar was enchanting everything with prismatic & taking the off balance cc vs the fracture one for more burst and sustain
    Hope you like it :wink:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOx_aSRc16w&t=217s
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play an Argonian and never will - that being said I am perfectly fine with the Argonian potion passive. IMO, if you play an Argonian, you deserve that passive.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played only Argonians since day one. It’s not OP you want to balance simply change it back to 15% tri-stat return and boom balance.
    It was balanced before the Morrowind patch. When the sustain nerf hit and they changed it to a set number. 15% was balanced and 5000 everything on top of a tri-potion can be seen as unfair.

I’m 100% against nerfing Argonians in to Oblivion when changing one half or one passive would do the trick.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • megachin502
    megachin502
    Soul Shriven
    The potion passive isin't that strong lol. 4k every 40 seconds? Compare that to a race that has regen, theyre constantly getting it. I think what zos means about rebalancing races is that they wanna make it so for example redguard isisnt the best race for stam but there are other options aswell.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any nerf to the Argonian swim speed is where I draw the line...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The potion passive isin't that strong lol. 4k every 40 seconds? Compare that to a race that has regen, theyre constantly getting it. I think what zos means about rebalancing races is that they wanna make it so for example redguard isisnt the best race for stam but there are other options aswell.

It's 4k returned for all three resources instead of one and u get it all instantly when u need it. Fights only typically last a few seconds in Cyrodiil so whoever has the advantage in 5 seconds means a lot more than who has the spread out advantage over 40 seconds. The other advantage is that you get all the Stamina even while blocking which is huge for tanks in PvE and in PvP as well. Your Stam regen is 0 while blocking or sprinting on other Races. You can also get away with running more damage or defensive sets instead of recovery since the Resourceful passive isn't dependent on your regen stats.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take the potion passive down to 2.5k or 3k each at max (pref 3), get rid of the magic passive and add a point to health passive, take the healing done and received to 3 and 3 or 4 and 4 and then...

BUFF the *** bad sus and outdated passive races like nord, imperial, katgeeeeeet, etc.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ^^^^^^^^^^
    Edited by Wuuffyy on December 3, 2018 6:24PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • megachin502
    megachin502
    Soul Shriven

It's 4k returned for all three resources instead of one and u get it all instantly when u need it. Fights only typically last a few seconds in Cyrodiil so whoever has the advantage in 5 seconds means a lot more than who has the spread out advantage over 40 seconds. The other advantage is that you get all the Stamina even while blocking which is huge for tanks in PvE and in PvP as well. Your Stam regen is 0 while blocking or sprinting on other Races. You can also get away with running more damage or defensive sets instead of recovery since the Resourceful passive isn't dependent on your regen stats.

This is, no one is blocking all the time. Eventually you're gonna go for a few heavy attacks and that's where races like redguards outperform.
    Edited by megachin502 on December 3, 2018 7:09PM
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be new to MMOs. Every update is a sweeping castrating tube-tying (equality) nerf. Sustain is already hard enough to maintain, but since some have less issues (because they chose the race with the passives that fit their class... shocking I know.) than most, all will now suffer accordingly.

Edited by tactx on December 3, 2018 7:37PM
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pitiful whiners, you really think they will nerf Argonians leaving Altmer, Bretons or Redguards untouched? Facepalm... With a chair. The mighty nerf hammer is OTW and no one will be safe thanks to you.
    Edited by Mayrael on December 4, 2018 5:20AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    You must be new to MMOs. Every update is a sweeping castrating tube-tying (equality) nerf. Sustain is already hard enough to maintain, but since some have less issues (because they chose the race with the passives that fit their class... shocking I know.) than most, all will now suffer accordingly.

Not new and ESO is a different kind of MMO

Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    I don't play an Argonian and never will - that being said I am perfectly fine with the Argonian potion passive. IMO, if you play an Argonian, you deserve that passive.

You sacrifice so much damage.... I literally haven't seen a lizard in pvp who hit hard.... Not even on a stamblade....
    And if you like running trials aswell you'll sacrefice 6-7k easily as a werewolf with proper equipment
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on December 6, 2018 7:45PM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    you absolutely deserve to be nerfed if you are OP, regardless of whether you like it or not. anybody who played the game since the initial racial overhaul can attest to how OP argonians are, especially in PvP and PvE tanking. You have virtually more stamina sustain than Bosmer, and that says a lot, given Bosmer are the stam sustain race with added mag and health sustain

you give up nothing for it, dont lie. There is a reason 50% of the PvP playerbase is argonian. What you do even mean by give up all damage? You give up 10% stamina(3k stamina) to get 10% health(3k health) and insane healing. Your extra super sustain is essentially free... Dont even bother sugarcoating it.

Niche? You running a meta stamina playstyle with a meta PvP race and call it niche?

Literally Tri-Pot with 3 Gold Alchemy Cooldown Enchants on Gold Jewelry equates to almost 12k of every resource... every 21 seconds.

That math = ~1150 Magicka, Stamina, and Health Recovery if a Tri-potion is used immediately every cooldown. I don't care if "10% max stamina" isn't obtained by being Argonian. No other racial gives that type of crazy sustain.

Oh... wait. Let me Restoration Heavy Attack real fast, then potion... ahhh, yeah, that's about 16k health now. :)
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally Tri-Pot with 3 Gold Alchemy Cooldown Enchants on Gold Jewelry equates to almost 12k of every resource... every 21 seconds.

That math = ~1150 Magicka, Stamina, and Health Recovery if a Tri-potion is used immediately every cooldown. I don't care if "10% max stamina" isn't obtained by being Argonian. No other racial gives that type of crazy sustain.

Oh... wait. Let me Restoration Heavy Attack real fast, then potion... ahhh, yeah, that's about 16k health now. :)

Well If you don’t count the loss of 900 wep/spell and 10% max, sure.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on December 10, 2018 8:17PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

• megachin502
    megachin502
    Soul Shriven
    Argonians only have survivability. They don't have damage like the other races. That's the reason why you play argonian and as long its still a tank race, I'm happy.