The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you buy DLC even when you own ESO Plus?

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Standard DLC
    I buy them because I no longer sub continuously ever since they introduced chapters for an extra cost to subbers. Real kick in the butt that move was so as Zos changes their business model I'll continue to alter my spending habits to offset those changes.

I went from subbing every month to subbing every other month. Might drop down to once every 3 months if they continue lessening the value of plus or adding bonuses that matter little to me like sale prices for their cash store.

How about a bonus that doesn't involve me spending more money or even better actually makes a difference in game.

Funny I didn't start buying them until they introduced chapters, I knew then I wasn't going to continue subbing monthly after losing the very reason I had started a sub in the first place, access to all dlc.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Collectors Bundle for the extras included in pack
    Only if I want the mount and the DLC is on an anniversary sale that makes it worth buying ie IC.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I only bought the 4 DLCs that were available in Gold Edition with crowns but then I got addicted to all the other benefits of ESO+ so there's no point in buying the newer DLCs for me. Oh, and I bought the Imperial City bundle /again/ a few months ago just for the horse and skin since it was really cheap.
    I don't really see myself buying another one anytime soon (ZOS is probably aware of this, that's why they invented "chapters").
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    No - What for - I already have ESO Plus
    Thanks to the crafting bag, I won't be playing the game at all if I don't have Plus running. So there's no need to buy a DLC for my nonexistent non-Plus playtime.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the collector's set items. Sometimes it's worth it for the mount & pet, though I'm mostly at the point of "I have that in a better color already". I'm likely to keep ESO+ until the game stops or I do, I can't imagine running around without the craft bag.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people seem to say they will stop when they stop ESO Plus or just use ESO Plus till the game stops.... This game has few more good years to go. There is still a lot of undiscovered/not opened map. Also we already have 3 zones outside of the main map. Next steps might be like they did with WoW -> creating new lore with islands/areas outside of the main ones.

I think I will still continue to buy DLC-s with my subscription crowns for collections as I dont really buy anything else with them. I do however understand peoples counter points.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I only bought those that were offered on discount at some point, and from those only bought the ones I like... or have stuff I need (like TG for Maw.)

Haven't bought any of the "dungeon" DLCs, since the dugeons offered there aren't my cup of tea.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I bought Orsinium, Thieves and DB DLC on sale with crowns I got mostly 'cos I wasn't sure if I was going to resub.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye
    at a place nobody knows
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I bought the game after it went B2P and picked up a key for gold (includes original main DLCs), added Morrowind and Summerset (both online - not overpriced ZOS store), may buy CWC on sale next week.

I subscribe when I play regularly - which is several times a year for several months - as I feel $15 for access to game and most content is reasonable (which gives me access to DLC content when I'm actively playing).

I drop subscription when I'm not playing - and while I many log in from time to time, losing access to DLC (which at this point is just dungeons and CWC) is no big deal.

I have crowns (from sub times) to buy more stuff including DLCs, but generally feel 99.99% of stuff on store is grossly over-priced and so hesitate to click the buy button (and there is no way I'd drop RL$ on crowns).

And while I fall into the 'older player who enjoys games and has discretionary income to spend' category, I don't fit the 'is willing to pay whatever we ask to rent pixels in a game' or 'is willing to gamble on the chance at rented pixels' categories.

Anyways, I expect I'm not ZOS target customer.

• RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    I might buy the DLCs if they are on sale and I want them but I have a bunch of crowns just sitting there
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    Other - Please explain
    Yes. I don't keep my sub up all the time, just when I am playing a lot. I'll use the crowns from subbing to outright purchase DLC I like when it goes on sale. :)
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Standard DLC
    I only use ESO+ is small bursts, so getting the DLC's to play after it expires is nice.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Standard DLC
    Yes. I purchase the standard DLCs (NOT the dungeon DLCs) since I do not intend to sub forever at the moment.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far: 134 votes
    18% - 25 votes Yes - Collectors Bundle for the extras included in pack
    15% - 21 votes Yes - Standard DLC
    47% - 63 votes No - What for - I already have ESO Plus
    18% - 25 votes Other - Please explain

Looking at collectors + standard and some other that still buy some DLC I am inclined to say that so far more people actually buy them...