The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr needs some love with a new zone or 2

• Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly? I'm not looking forward to an Elsweyr chapter. I don't trust that they'll have enough resources to showcase all of the varying furstocks within a chapter, and if they do, they'll heavily retcon most them so that they all look like the standard Khajiit breed that we've seen since Oblivion.The Senche furstock that has front legs 1.5x as long as their back legs? Wrong, that was just a misunderstanding! The massive Senche-Raht that weighs as much as 50 Altmer? Pfft, that was just an exaggeration! The Pahmar that is similar in appearance to a tiger? Oh no, we actually meant a human skeleton with a tiger fur pattern!

I'm personally hoping to see Elsweyr released via multiple DLC areas, in the hope that throughout these releases, the developers will put the extra effort in and fully flesh out all the different furstocks two or three at a time. If we go by a previous game map, you could introduce the Tojay(-Raht) and the Dagi(-Raht) in the Tenmar Forest zone, the Senche(-Raht) in the Quin-Rawl zone, and the Alfiq(-Raht) and Pahmar(-Raht) in the Anequina zone. The assets are already in game for Alfiq and Pahmar, since cats and senche-tigers exist in game. Senche-Raht just need to be up-scaled senche-tigers/Pahmar. The Senche furstock would admittedly need their own skeleton, since their front legs are longer than their back legs. I'd the devs really have creative freedom with the Tojay and Dagi, keeping in mind that the Dagi are supposedly light enough to dwell in higher branches of trees that can't even hold a Bosmer. As for the Cathay, Suthay and Ohmes, they don't need to restrict those breeds with Elsweyr content. A village of Khajiiti settlers in Hammerfell could be comprised of some Ohmes and Suthay Khajiit, or a local Fighters Guild Hall in Blackwood might have a Cathay-Raht leading them.
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see how they can fix this "dragon break" of both sisters being the only Mane haha
    Well maybe... one idea;
    if the Mane placeholder is hold by Khali for PCs who chose her, Shazah for the PCs who chose her (and even Akkhuz-ri for the PCs who didn't complete the campaign if it's meant to be simultaneous), but through the story we learn that the things went wrong and a faction believe the other sister is the actual Mane!
    this would leave room for each version to be "true".
    Saphayla wrote: »
    (Here is a drawing I did of Tahajmi last year: )
    tahajm10.png

That is a lovely drawing! Does the character have any kind of backstory, or do you not bother with roleplay? I'm getting a sort of Dro-m'Athra vibe from that drawing :)
    Yes she has ! Tahajmi is from Pellitine. Basically she's a "grey" sorceress and a moondancer, bargaining balance between the influences of Azurah, Jone, Jode, Lorkhaj, the whole Riddle'Thar.
    She's one of the spiritual leaders of the "Brotherhood of the Three Moons" which seeks absolute balance - but she appears as a simple fortune-teller in the lands of the Dominion. Her background is sumed-up here but in french ^^' not translated yet, and it's hard to get something readable, even if I try and start that on the roleplay subforum
    Bruccius wrote: »
    Will they make Pelletine and Anequina distinct from one another through their climates in lore?
    I expect Anequina to be dryer than Pellitine, where the khajiits have a desert-warrior and caravans culture. Pellitine with lush jungles, and amazing temples and palaces.
    That's mainfly fluff from the TES expanded universe but there are hints of this in actual ESO data, like flavor text of the collection items from Elsweyr

Well, if they butcher the Khajiiti-race-breed whatever you want to call it, at least they'd have the climates right.
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    Kajuratus wrote: »
    I don't trust that they'll have enough resources to showcase all of the varying furstocks within a chapter, and if they do, they'll heavily retcon most them so that they all look like the standard Khajiit breed that we've seen since Oblivion.
    It was their fear of retcons that caused this mess in the first place. They kept changing the appearance of khajiit between games, and instead of just picking one, they tried to say they were all canon designs. I'll never understand their rationalization, as things like the Dragon Break are absurd.

I prefer TES III's designs, but they'll never show up again. Mark my words.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't trust that they'll have enough resources to showcase all of the varying furstocks within a chapter, and if they do, they'll heavily retcon most them so that they all look like the standard Khajiit breed that we've seen since Oblivion.
    It was their fear of retcons that caused this mess in the first place. They kept changing the appearance of khajiit between games, and instead of just picking one, they tried to say they were all canon designs. I'll never understand their rationalization, as things like the Dragon Break are absurd.

Well, I'm glad that they did that in the first place, as that's one of the most interesting things about TES lore in my opinion - the varying different Khajiit breeds - but I agree, I'm also worried that they won't be able to actually go through with it and show them all, or even most, without downplaying them. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I have a sinking feeling that we won't get to see any Ohmes or Ohmes-Raht the way they looked in Arena and Daggerfall. And the Suthay-Raht will never appear as they did in Morrowind as long as BGS and ZOS want to have one skeleton for every race. They won't change the names of the furstocks, but they'll sure as hell try and make them as boring as possible so that Tamriel doesn't feel too weird. What I'm personally dreading is the retconning of the four legged breeds, ones we haven't even seen yet. The assets for cats and tigers are already in the game, so if they do end up retconning Alfiq and Pahmar, it won't be for development reasons, it'll be to water down the alien-ness of the Khajiiti culture. I really, really hope that they prove me wrong.

The thing about retcons is, they can work if done well, but all TES seems to do nowadays is rely far too heavily on the unreliable narrator excuse. I quite like the fact that the discrepancy between the Khajiit's appearance wasn't retconned, but instead added upon the lore of the Khajiit. I love all the different varying types of Khajiit breeds that exist, some four legged and some two legged, some as small as housecats and some as large as horses. What an interesting concept for a society whose family members are large enough to be used as steeds, or small enough so that a child could feasibly carry a fully grown adult. Now the specifics of how these different furstocks come about is, I feel, a bit of a weak one. The phases of the moons decide what form a Khajiit takes at birth? That definitely raises a plot hole of why we only ever see one breed every game. I feel the differences between the Argonians is a far better one, since their appearance depends on how much they lick the Hist tree. Granted, there isn't really any specific guidelines on how an Argonian form is chosen (aside from possibly the Hist itself choosing), but that could lend itself open to interpretation as to why all the other Argonian breeds stay in Black Marsh, whilst one specific sub-breed ventures out to the rest of Tamriel.
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I have a sinking feeling that we won't get to see any Ohmes or Ohmes-Raht the way they looked in Arena and Daggerfall. And the Suthay-Raht will never appear as they did in Morrowind as long as BGS and ZOS want to have one skeleton for every race. They won't change the names of the furstocks, but they'll sure as hell try and make them as boring as possible so that Tamriel doesn't feel too weird. What I'm personally dreading is the retconning of the four legged breeds, ones we haven't even seen yet. The assets for cats and tigers are already in the game, so if they do end up retconning Alfiq and Pahmar, it won't be for development reasons, it'll be to water down the alien-ness of the Khajiiti culture. I really, really hope that they prove me wrong.

The thing about retcons is, they can work if done well, but all TES seems to do nowadays is rely far too heavily on the unreliable narrator excuse. I quite like the fact that the discrepancy between the Khajiit's appearance wasn't retconned, but instead added upon the lore of the Khajiit. I love all the different varying types of Khajiit breeds that exist, some four legged and some two legged, some as small as housecats and some as large as horses. What an interesting concept for a society whose family members are large enough to be used as steeds, or small enough so that a child could feasibly carry a fully grown adult. Now the specifics of how these different furstocks come about is, I feel, a bit of a weak one. The phases of the moons decide what form a Khajiit takes at birth? That definitely raises a plot hole of why we only ever see one breed every game. I feel the differences between the Argonians is a far better one, since their appearance depends on how much they lick the Hist tree. Granted, there isn't really any specific guidelines on how an Argonian form is chosen (aside from possibly the Hist itself choosing), but that could lend itself open to interpretation as to why all the other Argonian breeds stay in Black Marsh, whilst one specific sub-breed ventures out to the rest of Tamriel.

I mean we did get the naga. But they are just a reskin.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im very confident the next chapter will be a DC zone. We've already had chapters for AD and the pact. It only makes sense for it to be a DC zone.

As for Khajiit that are on all fours. Never heard of them. Only played elder scrolls since oblivion. The graphics quality of the older titles and the combat just doesnt look appealing. I wouldnt be surprised if they sweep that under the rug. Or make them a joke somehow.

And its too bad khajiit's sustain sucks. I might have actually made one otherwise.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on November 11, 2018 8:44PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im very confident the next chapter will be a DC zone. We've already had chapters for AD and the pact. It only makes sense for it to be a DC zone.

As for Khajiit that are on all fours. Never heard of them. Only played elder scrolls since oblivion. The graphics quality of the older titles and the combat just doesnt look appealing. I wouldnt be surprised if they sweep that under the rug. Or make them a joke somehow.

And its too bad khajiit's sustain sucks. I might have actually made one otherwise.

Alliance doesn't matter. I dont know where you got that from. Its about what has the least representation. Of that DC has the most with high rock wrothgar being completely shown and hammerfell having 2 and a half zones plus an island. Meanwhile Elsweyr has an island and half a zone lol.

Edit: 3 and a half actually. Forgot about craglorn.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on November 11, 2018 9:17PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alliance doesn't matter. I dont know where you got that from. Its about what has the least representation. Of that DC has the most with high rock wrothgar being completely shown and hammerfell having 2 and a half zones plus an island. Meanwhile Elsweyr has an island and half a zone lol.

Im not the only one that has noticed this. It seems logical that it would be a DC zone. Theyve also released some skyrim themed stuff. Somebody above mentioned Skyrim, this is why.

ZoS might try to milk the skyrim nostalgia some more. Trying to attract more Skyrim fans.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Im not the only one that has noticed this. It seems logical that it would be a DC zone. Theyve also released some skyrim themed stuff. Somebody above mentioned Skyrim, this is why.

ZoS might try to milk the skyrim nostalgia some more. Trying to attract more Skyrim fans.

Doesn't seems logical at all to be DC. I would expect AD and especially EP for a year or so. DC already got like 3 dlc zones. AD got 1 and EP got 2. Elsweyr has very little representation. It is highly likely that it is Elsweyr next due to the hints in murkmire and supposed datamined khajiit furniture. If alliances did matter (which it doesn't due to the random amounts of dlc for each alliance) then DC does not need anything for a while.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on November 11, 2018 9:24PM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " It's happening " !
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    " It's happening " !

yeah!
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am really hoping that Elsweyr is a big, big. big zone......as valenwood which is roughly the same size is 4 zones, hope it matches in content....if it doesn't then that just sucks ass.
    Edited by Chaos2088 on January 10, 2019 10:33PM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Whats especially good about this chapter is that we're not getting the whole of Elsweyr. Theres still room for some DLC's to take place in the south, we'll get to see Senchal Torval and Corinthe have their time to shine when they're ready. I'd hate to be met with another Cloudrest or Dusk, or for ZOS to shrink the size of the land for some reason
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats especially good about this chapter is that we're not getting the whole of Elsweyr. Theres still room for some DLC's to take place in the south, we'll get to see Senchal Torval and Corinthe have their time to shine when they're ready. I'd hate to be met with another Cloudrest or Dusk, or for ZOS to shrink the size of the land for some reason

In fact we just saw the exterior of Dusk Keep (who knows what's inside!) and a small part of Cloudrest. The lower city is under shadow fog and maybe wasted, but there's the udder city (the beautiful street on the left at the entrance) and as noticed recently there are eternal snow on top of some Eton Nir summits, so we did not actually see the whole of Summerset Island either :)

If I understood well during the live, didn't they say the following DLC after the Chapter would keep on telling about the story of Elsweyr? May we see Pellitine as smaller DLC zones this way?
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭

If I understood well during the live, didn't they say the following DLC after the Chapter would keep on telling about the story of Elsweyr? May we see Pellitine as smaller DLC zones this way?

The entire year will be one story split up into four separate quarters, and Elsweyr is only the location of the chapter, for Q2. While its true that we may get another southern Elsweyr zone for Q4, theres been no indication that there will be any more Khajiit centric updates after the chapter, since dragons are the only thing connecting this years releases. Even if they are releasing more of Elsweyr at the end of the year, we'll only get a zone similar in size to Murkmire, so we won't be getting the entirety of Elsweyr this year anyway.
  • TwoHawks
    TwoHawks
    ✭✭
    *sits and looks up wistfully at the stars, fingering some coins in his coinpurse* Ahhhh, to finally be able to go home. This one has longed for the winds, sights, scents and sounds familiar from so long ago, when this one left for adventure. *takes out his lute, and plucks a gentle melody from the strings as he reflects* Bright Moons, it will be so good to see Home again...
    Edited by TwoHawks on February 1, 2019 10:02PM