Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[video] 30-50% FPS Drop Bug - Almost 2 Years Old - Cryodiil POV

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Hm.. Very frustrating.

Did you customize any UserSettings after deleting the file?

I'd altered RequestedNumJobThreads and RequestedNumWorkerThreads to 0 after encountering a really bad stutter in past patches.

I've tried everything including reinstalling both Windows and ESO and testing with the default settings. The Thread settings work best for me @ -1, but neither changes the nature of the bug. I have six physical cores and play with hyperthreading disabled.

Edited by zyk on December 13, 2017 1:34AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    have you recently checked your GPU/CPU temperatures to ensure that your card isn't self-throtling to efficiently dump waste heat?
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, we're not clearing 45C on either front.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    have you recently checked your GPU/CPU temperatures to ensure that your card isn't self-throtling to efficiently dump waste heat?

Yeah, it's definitely not that. Believe me, I've tried everything. The bug has behaved the same way since it was introduced in 2.2. Before that, my performance was always silky smooth. I'm amazed and saddened when I watch saved clips from 2.1.
    Edited by zyk on December 13, 2017 2:54AM
  • WeyounTM
    WeyounTM
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is happening for me all the time too and it is not limited to Cyrodiil by any means. I therefore cant believe that this thread is actually hidden away in the Cyrodiil section :o .
    In every trial I have run with a guild and in every run of vet Maelstrom this is happening after a certain amount of time. The framerate just drops and only after relogging the performance will be normal again. I have a decent rig (Ryzen 1700x and R390) and no temp issues whatsoever. Running the game on an SSD and with 200Mbit internet connection and no issues with other games at all.
    Maybe we can get a fix next year :'(
    Magicka-Khajiit-Player since Beta

PC-EU Vivec Sotha Sil Campaign
    Heals-your-Paws Khajiit Magplar - Main Char - AD (sadly)

Little-Miss-Hurricane - Khajiit -Stamsorc - DC
    Saves-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - DC
    Lucký-Paws - Khajiit StamDK - DC
    Icy-Paws - Khajiit Magden - DC
    White-Paws - Khajiit Stamblade - DC
    Paws-of-the-Light - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Adusa D'aro - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Purrs-at-the-Moons - Khajiit Stamcro - DC
    Necrotic-Paws - Khajiit Magcro - DC
    White-Claws - Khajiit StamDK - AD
    Sticky-Paws - Khajiit Stamplar - AD
    Silent-Paws - Khajiit Magblade - AD

Hides-the-Skooma - Khajiit Stamden - EP
    Protector-of-the-Mane - Khajiit Magplar -EP
    Leaps-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - EP
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

This video demonstrates the impact of an FPS drop bug introduced to The Elder Scrolls Online in version 2.2. The clips were captured within an early 5 hour period on 08/20/17.

Not to necro this thread, but I was just pointed here after describing the exact issues @zyk shows in the OP. It all started with the patch that came out on 2/26/18. I've never experienced the problem prior to this. However my performance in Cyrodiil absolutely tanks after a while. After trying to trouble shoot this for the past couple of days, I'm relieved to read that I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

If I'm reading post #18 correctly, it appears that deleting ZO_Ingame.lua, UserSettings.txt and ShaderCache.cooked and relaunching the game fixed these issues?
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The 30-50% FPS drop bug is still a thing. Even with default settings and no addons. Zoning fixes it without fail. Please help!
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm.
    I even get it in the odd Battleground, despite their 15 minute duration.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    + its so annoying that i actually stopped having "long" sessions of pvp, please fix
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The 30-50% FPS drop bug is still an issue. Can you please help? It's extremely frustrating.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No green post :) what a surprise.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actualy getting worse these days. @ZOS_GinaBruno could we have an update from @ZOS_AlexTardif ?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nm!
    Edited by zyk on November 9, 2018 1:00AM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just came on here to say I have had really good results since using the "Votans Adaptive Setting" addon and the massive FPS drop has not been nearly as pronounced as it was for me in the last few weeks.

I don't know if the dynamic setting changes to view distance or particles or something else is helping to prevent the bug from happening in some way or what, but it has made a huge difference on my end.
    Edited by danno8 on November 10, 2018 2:35PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still a very frustrating issue.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler A command to reload the gfx engine without actually zoning/relogging would really help AvA players affected by this bug.
  • Kickimanjaro
    Kickimanjaro
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    This is still a very frustrating issue.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler A command to reload the gfx engine without actually zoning/relogging would really help AvA players affected by this bug.

I second this request. If reloading is the fix as zyk has demonstrated then we should be able to activate this on our own without leaving Cyrodiil and incurring a long wait during prime-time for the queue.

Could ZOS perhaps augment the Transitus method when we travel back to the gates to trigger a full reload? This, of course, only if they refuse to provide some type of /reloadui command that would actually fix the FPS issue.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boo yeah I have same issue.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boo yeah I have same issue.

"We hAve PErFoRmaNcE aS OuR ToP PrIOrIty"- ZoS post lighting patch.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SuicideSpleen
    im still having this issue and made a post about it. I didnt realize its been 2 years! im gettin exactly this!.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this happens to me occasionally too...
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive had this problem for the longest time. Alcasthqs video on this helped me a bit.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it totally dispappeared for me with the latest 2020 updates.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it got fixed when I disabled XMP profile on my RAM. I'm guessing ESO does not like fast computers.
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I get this bug every night in Cyrodiil and it is extremely frustrating. I start at 120+ FPS and watch it slowly degrade to around 30-40 FPS.

I have not tried disabling the XMP profile for my RAM and would really hate to purposefully slow down my PC.

For me, the current fix is to keep my mail clear as receiving mail from Rewards for the Worthy instantly drops my FPS by about 20-25%. When clearing the mail is not enough to fix the issue, I zone to Cheesemonger's Hollow and (hopefully) back to Cyrodiil. This will correct the FPS drop for a short time (although getting back into Cyrodiil from the Hollow during primetime may "require" spamming of the interact button).

PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get this bug every night in Cyrodiil and it is extremely frustrating. I start at 120+ FPS and watch it slowly degrade to around 30-40 FPS.

I have not tried disabling the XMP profile for my RAM and would really hate to purposefully slow down my PC.

For me, the current fix is to keep my mail clear as receiving mail from Rewards for the Worthy instantly drops my FPS by about 20-25%. When clearing the mail is not enough to fix the issue, I zone to Cheesemonger's Hollow and (hopefully) back to Cyrodiil. This will correct the FPS drop for a short time (although getting back into Cyrodiil from the Hollow during primetime may "require" spamming of the interact button).

I thought the same way, but after such a long time I figured why not, and it worked, and when not playing ESO you can just enable it again, most games have no issues with this.

Other games that don't like overclocking are Ark and Overwatch, in my experience, so ESO is not alone in that.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My fix is literally to close the game, don't exit just shut it... ctrl, alt, delete etc...
    If you load the game back up quick enough you will still be in cyro... Most of the time....
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frametime is the metric to watch on this one.

I can see playable FPS at 60+ (I'm used to 200 outside of Cyro smh) but my frametime will double.

My workaround has always been to enter a cyro delve, but it comes back quickly. Will try disabling XMP.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB