Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

"Enemy is too powefull for that spell"

Belazarus
Belazarus
✭✭✭
Hey Guys

Quick question. I have a sorc character which is now at lvl 15, I ran him through Fungal Grotto, and during one of the boss fights I noticed a message "Enemy is too powerfull for that spell" when I tried to cast some of my abilities on him.

It appeared that my spells didn't work on him either (when that message appears). Do any of you guys know why that is, and whether or not that means my spells are completely ineffective when that happens, or just nerfed?

I'm guessing it's either because the boss is immune to my spells for some reason, or perhaps I'm over levelled. If any of you have come across this before and could shed some light, that would be great and really helpful.

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere on the forum, I did search first but couldn't find anything.

Thanks again!

Bel
bel-small2.png
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that usually refers to a spell effect like stun or knockback, which generally won't work on high-level enemies.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuns / roots / knockbacks probably won't affect a boss to keep folks from cheesing them. Certain 'weakening' debuffs also don't seem to apply...
  • Nalroz
    Nalroz
    I get it when casting standard DPS storm calling spell as well as all the rooting / stun spells. I get the stuns..... but no idea why a DPS char is rendered useless against dungeon bosses?

Am I doing something wrong too does anyone know?
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crystal shard has a knockdown as part of it. I get that message on bosses on some quests when I use it.
  • Nalroz
    Nalroz
    So destructive reach (Weapon skill) & Crystal Fragments (Dark Magic) have knock back so wont work, Shattering Prison & Rune Prison stun so won't work. Looks like I need to re-think my skill lines - thanks for the help guys.
  • Belazarus
    Belazarus
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the comments, very helpful. Does the message mean that just the "knock-back" part of the spell won't work, or does it also mean the damage dealt is nerfed too?
    bel-small2.png
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    CC Crowd Control effects will likely be limeted for "powerful" mobs.

The damage works just not the CC - Stun/Mez/Root/Knockdown(KD)/snare effects
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The damage goes through like normal, only the cc part is ignored.