Cast your vote for ESO Live

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
During this Friday's ESO Live, one of the things we plan to do is have a member of the Dev Team on the show to talk about what they do here at ZOS, how they got into the industry, and answer some of your questions about their role and responsibilities. Which department do you want to learn more about? We'll be running this poll here and on Twitter, and will let you know who wins based on combined votes tomorrow morning!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter

Cast your vote for ESO Live 557 votes

Art
10%
theskymovesSolarikenGalenBigBraggjhnartb14_ESOYulsSantieClawsAllPlayAndNoWorkStefacleTibSodanTokObsidian3JasonSilverSpringmertustaZunaRoathbooksmcreadNeroBadAhPook_Is_HerePocketNovaEldenser12 57 votes
Content Design
24%
DeathStalkervailjohn_ESODoctor_ZeussGlassHalfFullGLP323b14_ESOkypranb14_ESOBigMopajRemag_DivWhiteCoatSyndromeSvenjaPendrillionShadowHvoaubrey.baconb16_ESODrembo14_ESOphilips666_18b16_ESOAudensSavos_Sarenskriggermousekime111rwb17_ESO 139 votes
QA
44%
CavalryPKAuldjohnGilvothJakxMoloch1514ItsMeTooJarndyceAnimal_MotherLonePirateWonderboyWuffyCerulei Schore159GigasaxGythralPerArduaalainjbrennanb16_ESOCoatmagicniawrathb16_ESOfreespiritScardyFox 250 votes
UI
19%
Sorianagimpdrb14_ESOCpt_TeemoZoLatKamPhilhypeMadyninibiniIruil_ESOTurelusIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESODolgubonanitajoneb17_ESOAgallochNSObjectphaneub17_ESOCasNationxenowarrior92eb17_ESOsirinsidiatorUranamorGTech_1 111 votes
Staff Post
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI
    Can we please get the UI guy/girl becasue I want to know the person that does not have the resources to improve console UI.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI
    I really would like to see UI design because I'd like to understand why guild traders and such are still such cumbersome interfaces. This is especially problem for console because we can't use addons to fix UI issues.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 6, 2018 4:04PM
    Options
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    QA
    Bet if you had a 'Combat Team' option, it'd win this poll hands down.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UI
    Where’s the option for combat team ?
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Art
    Couldn't we pit them all against each other in some sort of arena combat and the survivor gets to talk about how much they enjoy their job yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI
    [snip]

Quality Assessment doesn't even do that. This choice is just going to be a bunch of angry people getting a lecture about Quality Assessment actually does...

The only recent pvp QA thing was the snipe bug, which they quickly patched.

[edited to remove quoted content.]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on November 6, 2018 5:33PM
    Options
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    Based on the last two years of play I doubt that QA even exists but if you can get someone on to explain how game breaking bugs are allowed of QA that'd be great.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Based on the last two years of play I doubt that QA even exists but if you can get someone on to explain how game breaking bugs are allowed of QA that'd be great.

Simple, it doesn't come up in testing. There will always be bugs in every video game known to man that come out during playing, including game breaking ones.
    Options
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI
    I'd love to hear why I need 200 addons just to have a semi-functional UI. Also since some of the addons are far better designed than the dev-created UI, makes you wonder why ZOS doesn't hire the addon creators to fix their broken UI hmmm. Especially looking at guild traders and guilds in general.

P.S. I just now found out that ZOS actually has a QA department, go figure. I thought that job was just us on the PTS.
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Dear forum users,

Please vote for QA so we can better understand why zos chooses to let each patch break the game even further.

Sincerely,
    -Anyone who appreciates PvP combat.

Quality Assessment doesn't even do that. This choice is just going to be a bunch of angry people getting a lecture about Quality Assessment actually does...

"Quality assurance (QA) is a way of preventing mistakes and defects in manufactured products and avoiding problems when delivering solutions or services to customers; which ISO 9000 defines as "part of quality management focused on providing confidence that quality requirements will be fulfilled".

Sounds to me like this perfectly sums up what I'm interested in hearing about. Every PTS cycle, they neglect to take community feedback and fix bugs & balancing issues before they get to live. Things like the sprint bug (1 year + in the game), knockback bug (6 months+ in the game), dawnbreaker (1 year+ in the game, made even worse with murkmire), the dswing/darkflare/snipe bugs (new with murkmire, not patched for console release), enchant balance issue (new with murkmire, not patched for console release), and many more are just some examples of a failure to provide quality assurance to their customers.

As someone said above, if there was simply a "Combat team" option, it would have crushed this poll. I think they neglected to add this on purpose.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    As much as I'd love base UI improvements in console land, this topic has caused the most grief.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI
    Dear forum users,

Please vote for QA so we can better understand why zos chooses to let each patch break the game even further.

Sincerely,

"Quality assurance (QA) is a way of preventing mistakes and defects in manufactured products and avoiding problems when delivering solutions or services to customers; which ISO 9000 defines as "part of quality management focused on providing confidence that quality requirements will be fulfilled".

Sounds to me like this perfectly sums up what I'm interested in hearing about. Every PTS cycle, they neglect to take community feedback and fix bugs & balancing issues before they get to live. Things like the sprint bug (1 year + in the game), knockback bug (6 months+ in the game), dawnbreaker (1 year+ in the game, made even worse with murkmire), the dswing/darkflare/snipe bugs (new with murkmire, not patched for console release), enchant balance issue (new with murkmire, not patched for console release), and many more are just some examples of a failure to provide quality assurance to their customers.

As someone said above, if there was simply a "Combat team" option, it would have crushed this poll. I think they neglected to add this on purpose.

Balancing issues have nothing to do with Quality Assessment. That is a completely different team. Bugs also can be simple or complicated to solve, so bugs may be released even when QA is working on them.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 6, 2018 4:32PM
    Options
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote for new Vampire DLC preview ; ;
    Options
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    Dear forum users,

Sincerely,

Balancing issues have nothing to do with Quality Assessment. That is a completely different team. Bugs also can be simple or complicated to solve, so bugs may be released even when QA is working on them.

Okay, so let's focus exclusively on bugs.

I'd like to know why every time I've been hit by a meteor, flame reach, javelin, or stonefist while moving in the past 6 months, my character has been locked out of abilities while I slide across the ground, back to where the CC hit me up to 5 seconds after breaking free.

I'd like to know why 50% of my dawnbreakers have flat out disappeared when I've tried to use them, and why 25% of them simply miss targets standing directly in front of me.

I'd like to know why I randomly get stuck in a sprinting state, unable to use any abilities whatsoever, while my stamina depletes to 0.

I'd like to know why, as of today, if my reticle moves off my target while channeling a dswing, the ability just cancels.

I'd like to know why, as of today, I cannot shade teleport vertically.

All of these are bugs that were reported by the community both during and outside of the PTS cycles, that ZoS just flat out failed to fix or acknowledge in a timely manner.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    I'd love to see a discussion about server stability and why basic things like break free and bar swap are so wonky.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UI
    Dear forum users,

Sincerely,

I'd like to know why every time I've been hit by a meteor, flame reach, javelin, or stonefist while moving in the past 6 months, my character has been locked out of abilities while I slide across the ground, back to where the CC hit me up to 5 seconds after breaking free.

I'd like to know why 50% of my dawnbreakers have flat out disappeared when I've tried to use them, and why 25% of them simply miss targets standing directly in front of me.

I'd like to know why I randomly get stuck in a sprinting state, unable to use any abilities whatsoever, while my stamina depletes to 0.

I'd like to know why, as of today, if my reticle moves off my target while channeling a dswing, the ability just cancels.

All of these are bugs that were reported by the community both during and outside of the PTS cycles, that ZoS just flat out failed to fix or acknowledge in a timely manner.

And they are most likely working on all of them and these companies absolutely also have to prioritize what they fix. That's the answer you are going to get.

The QA person is literally just bait.

Their job is to fix bugs. They don't make the decisions about when things get pushed live. They don't make balance decisons. And some bugs are more complicated to fix than others, so they may not be fixed in as timely of a fashion as they would hope.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 6, 2018 5:01PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some posts that were bashing and disruptive. Please keep your posts civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    I'm a CEH/Test Consultant myself so would love to see how you guys handle our every-day job! :)
    Some general questions that pop up in my head that would be interesting to hear about:
    • What do you feel is the main difference between developing an on/offline application VS a game - let alone an MMO?
    • Is the Tester a dedicated role within all development teams, or have you found that organizing your QA some other way works better for your teams (or game development in general, as opposed to software development)?
    • Do you guys work with industry standards such as Scrum, TDD and CI/CD, and if so;
    • What does that look like for a game developer / what challenges does that pose for you?
    • What is the no. 1 item on your QA wish-list that you'd love to see introduced or implemented at ZOS HQ?
    • And lastly, as a CEH I feel obliged to ask; are security measures taken into account throughout all design and development stages of your code, and are your development teams aware of the (latest) industry's standards when it comes to security? (:
    Edited by Saturnana on November 6, 2018 5:16PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Options
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    QA for sure. I want to see why so many things break and go unfixed in every content update.
    Joined September 2013
    Options
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    QA
    All the issues with Steam log in, when will the issue be put to rest and put the issue behind us, OR think of offering Steam users the ability to migrate over to ESO's launcher away from Steam (either for free or at a discount).
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
    Options
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear forum users,

Sincerely,

Lag.

Next question?

:(
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UI
    i'm tired of QA cuz we dont get to ask the real questions and if someone somehow manages we get dodgy answers which is not nice :(...for example...when do you even plan to acknowledge what happened to MAC clients after murkmire? let aside fix it and I dont play mac but a lot of friends of mine do and now they cant do anything with 5-10 fps...no matter what spec...when the issue with neverending breaking trials that happens of late...sure is not impossible to clear but it is very hard and annoying especially on specific achievement hunts...when does the issue that you get you effects removed while mid game and it wont fix until you restart gona be addressed? when does the permanent loading screens and countless server drop outs are going to get addressed? cyrodill fixes? class balance? sets revamp? making VERY CRUICAL ADDONS PART OF THE BASE GAME? like Awesome Guild Store? (rip console players) improve the UI? can the fact that those of us who love gathering all collectibles in the game like all Eidetic Memory books be addressed and taken care of by having them available after the quest or not have them bugged and we need to wait 1 year to get a hotfix?...and so much more...also to cut of the nerfing party...no I dont even want to bring in class balance cuz it turns into a Nerf Wars and that's not helping or constructive...but we need to atleast address the main issues of the base game...oh well nobody will ever read this and im more than sure I will get another 7 days mute cuz I even dared to bring this up on an official thread...like always.
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    Quality does not only mean a bug free product.

In a game like this quality also means the player experience with a class.

How your team is assuring the quality of the class?

For example the cast time to shields that was implemented then rolled back for the current patch had created some serious doubts in my mind. I started to doubt that you have class experts in there.

Options
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Content Design
    Can @ZOS_LawrenceSchick visit for every episode please? He always shares the most interesting things :smile:
    Edited by mateosalvaje on November 6, 2018 5:51PM
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Art
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Where’s the option for combat team ?

who even cares about that at this point?
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Art
    Art > rest.
    Options
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QA
    1 simple question

When are you going to fix this train wreck of a game?

Please dont ask me to list specific issue's as i have a life and would be here all night listing them.

As a guide you could read all the threads mentioning broken things in the game, both new and very old.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
    Options
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    Content Design
    I NEED TO KNOW WHERE MY NECROMANCER CLASS IS! imperial city prison guard boss has the necromancer with the other classes. ALSO the way new character screen is laid out on Xbox make it look like there is a 6th class 2 light (sorc/NECRO) 2 medium (nb/warden) 2 heavy (templar/dk). TY LOVE THE GAME BEEN PLAYING SINCE CONSOLE LAUNCH GOT ALL THE EDITIONS WITH STATUES :)
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Art
    How are outfits made?
    Options
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Art