Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Base game + Summerset activation problem

brazagu
brazagu
Soul Shriven
I've bought the Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset - Standard Edition (which includes the base game) and activated the code on my account. Before that I had the Tamriel Unlimited Edition without any DLCs.

According to purchase information, anyone who bought the base game after Summerset gets the Morrowind chapter for free (including the warden class). The problem is: I just logged into my account and Warden is still disabled. Could you please fix it? Thanks in advance.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brazagu wrote: »
    I've bought the Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset - Standard Edition (which includes the base game) and activated the code on my account. Before that I had the Tamriel Unlimited Edition without any DLCs.

According to purchase information, anyone who bought the base game after Summerset gets the Morrowind chapter for free (including the warden class). The problem is: I just logged into my account and Warden is still disabled. Could you please fix it? Thanks in advance.

I do not think that is correct. Warden is an upgrade in the Crown Store.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

The Warden class has been moved to the crown store.

Morrowind became a DLC as of June 2018.

If you want to play the content, simply find it in the crown store as well ... or become an ESO+ member.
  • brazagu
    brazagu
    Soul Shriven

You guys are wrong tho :disappointed: the base game now comes with Morrowind chapter

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Buying_Guide
    Edited by brazagu on November 4, 2018 2:01PM
  • joaoppecurto
    joaoppecurto
    ✭✭
    If you buy the base game you get morrowind for free. If you buy summerset standard edition you only get the base game included. I think this is correct. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    PC EU: 900+ CP
    9 chars:
    Indrik Lady, Breton Magden - lvl 50 - Main and Grand Master Crafter
    + 4 chars - lvl 50 - daily writ crafters
    + 4 chars - lvl 50 - stamblade pvp, stamblade solo ww, dk tank, necro healer

On PC Since: 05/28/2018; RIP PS4 account
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are wrong tho :disappointed: the base game now comes with Morrowind chapter

As much as I love UESP, they are not canon when it comes to how ZOS and Bethesda package the game.

The marketing materials from ZOS and Bethesda are vague on the matter. It does not specifically mention Warden for any standard edition of the game. With ZOS and Bethesda, even a single word is significant. If they don't say it comes with Warden class, it is possible that it does not come with Warden class.

The only way to be sure is to buy it. If it comes with Warden, then it comes with Warden. If it does not come with Warden, then it does not come with Warden. This thread is about purchasing Summerset Standard edition, and it did not come with Warden. Q.E.D.

Edit: They also announced that they were splitting up Morrowind. Battlegrounds were going to the base game. Vvardenfell was going to be a DLC. Warden was going to be an upgrade in the Crown Store.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 4, 2018 2:33PM
  • brazagu
    brazagu
    Soul Shriven

As much as I love UESP, they are not canon when it comes to how ZOS and Bethesda package the game.

The marketing materials from ZOS and Bethesda are vague on the matter. It does not specifically mention Warden for any standard edition of the game. With ZOS and Bethesda, even a single word is significant. If they don't say it comes with Warden class, it is possible that it does not come with Warden class.

The only way to be sure is to buy it. If it comes with Warden, then it comes with Warden. If it does not come with Warden, then it does not come with Warden. This thread is about purchasing Summerset Standard edition, and it did not come with Warden. Q.E.D.

Edit: They also announced that they were splitting up Morrowind. Battlegrounds were going to the base game. Vvardenfell was going to be a DLC. Warden was going to be an upgrade in the Crown Store.

People at Reddit said it does indeed come in the base game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/8tagc7/does_the_base_game_include_warden_now/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People at Reddit said it does indeed come in the base game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/8tagc7/does_the_base_game_include_warden_now/

I like Reddit less than I like UESP, actually.

The "Summerset™ Digital Standard Edition" does not include Morrowind. It includes Summerset and the ESO Base Game, which does not include Morrowind. They broke Morrowind up into three parts. Only Battlegrounds went into the base game. The zone is now a DLC, which does not come with "Summerset™ Digital Standard Edition". It is available from the Crown Store or ESO Plus. The Warden class is a base game upgrade, which also does not come with "Summerset™ Digital Standard Edition", and it does not come with ESO Plus.

If you want the old Morrowind Chapter, which includes both the DLC and the Warden class, it looks like it is necessary to purchase the "The Elder Scrolls® Online Collection". This includes the base game, Morrowind, and Summerset. It also comes with the Warden class and the first four DLC, and the horse they rode in on.

Edit: This is all sourced from Bethesda and ZOS material.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 4, 2018 3:20PM