The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Medium armor PvP

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    bow, snipe, keep wall.

Yea im trying to avoid that kind of play style, i really really hate snipers 🤣 tnx for the tip though

why, just because people on the forum dont like us bow builds and us archers?

being an archer is perfectly fine and is a gamplay and fighting style that goes back thousands of years.
    if you like bow and range builds and being an archer then that is a ligit gameplay and is nothing wrong with it.
    dont let peoples hate effect the playstyle.
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on bg leaderboards two weeks ago running 4 light, 1 med, 2 heavy on a magsorc. The key is to have them all gold impen, and tri resto

wut...why would you run with 4 light instead of 5? And being on leader board doesn't mean anything just means you play a lot.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So lets consider your options. Your obvious stam heal is vigor. This is not a burst heal, but rather a short duration HOT. It in active combat, it should be cast every 6 seconds. Next you have a HOT from Momentum, again you should keep it up at all times. Lastly, you have Major Evasion, which can come from deadly cloak or the medium armor skill line. Stacking these is a waste as its the same buff. A lot of stamina heavy armors use forward momentum for the snare removal, but as a medium armor user, you can get your snare removal from Shuffle. This frees you up to run Rally instead of forward momentum, which can act as a burst heal when needed. Lastly, you have to be very on top of your dodge rolling.

Also, if you arent running 7 impen, you are gong to get one shot by a lot of high crit players. You also want to be sure you have a source of major ward and major resolve to boost your resistances, all classes have access to it one way or another.

None of these are specific to any class, just general survivability. On a stam sorc, you can also run crit surge or dark deal for more healing. On a templar, one of you best defensive tools is purge.

^ This is the great advice.

To add

Treat vigor as a sorc shield. So you may have to flip to your backbar to keep it up. I attempt to put it up before running in.

Are you using pots? What sets?

Also, if you do dodge roll, try to vigor (HOT) dodge roll, rally. This is because vigor is a heal over time. You will get an extra heal tick during your roll (in which you are undamged). Rally gains strength over time, that is why you hit it after the roll. It may take practice

As he stated, templar also has purge which is super strong ability.

• Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vandril wrote: »
    So lets consider your options. Your obvious stam heal is vigor. This is not a burst heal, but rather a short duration HOT. It in active combat, it should be cast every 6 seconds. Next you have a HOT from Momentum, again you should keep it up at all times. Lastly, you have Major Evasion, which can come from deadly cloak or the medium armor skill line. Stacking these is a waste as its the same buff. A lot of stamina heavy armors use forward momentum for the snare removal, but as a medium armor user, you can get your snare removal from Shuffle. This frees you up to run Rally instead of forward momentum, which can act as a burst heal when needed. Lastly, you have to be very on top of your dodge rolling.

Also, if you arent running 7 impen, you are gong to get one shot by a lot of high crit players. You also want to be sure you have a source of major ward and major resolve to boost your resistances, all classes have access to it one way or another.

None of these are specific to any class, just general survivability. On a stam sorc, you can also run crit surge or dark deal for more healing. On a templar, one of you best defensive tools is purge.

I see, that makes sense. I use hurricane, and dark deal always, but on stamplar its a bit tricky, cuz the only buff there force me to stand still inside the rune -. -. I use 5 impen, 2 Well fitted, but should probably changed that..

Oh. Heh. Actually, you don't need to stand in the rune to get the resistance buffs from Rune Focus. You have Major Resolve and Major Ward so long as the Rune is etched into the ground, regardless if whether you're inside it or not. Standing inside the rune just increases the effectiveness of Major Resolve and Major Ward by 50% (in other words, it gives you an additional 2640 to both resistances) and regenerates your Stamina or Magicka depending on which morph you picked.

If mobility is important at the moment, you should be using Rune Focus like every other set-and-forget Major Resolve+Ward buff rather than standing inside it for the fairly minor perks.

Tnx i actually didnt know that. Makes it much easier lol :P
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium Armor punishes missplays a lot harder than Heavy. On Heavy, sometimes you can escape or be saved by teammates, especially if you have a healer. On Medium, you can't afford to do that, you have play smart, pick your fights wisely knowing that you have a way to go in and do your DPS and a way to go out of the fight.

Imo it's easier to learn your class in a Heavy Armor setup, then slowly transition to Medium Armor builds. You can however, force yourself to play medium from the get-go and analyze each death, so every death you learn something and how you should've played it and etc. For example, if you get into a situation where there's nothing you could have done, well, why you were put in that situation in the first place? There's something you could have done to prevent that, or lower the chances of that happening to the very least.

Hopefully it helps.

PS: Imperial on Stamplar is really good, it's the only class where Red Diamond actually procs. I'd say to not worry too much about setup at the moment, try to learn from your mistakes first, and adjust your build with your needs as you identify them. From what I've seen they are solid enough to be a good starting point.

Good idea, i Will start out with ravager and 7th, and play around a bit so i get to know the class a bit More, i have only played it for a few days :)
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd go heavy on stamplar. Because jabs is a channel you're easy to gang up on by multiple people if you're trying to fight someone else, which happens alot in bgs.

Also, get meditate. Understand that you cant be interrupted while you have cc immunity, so with practice you can sustain and survive very well using it.

Use troll king, ravager and 7th legion. Sword and board/ 2h. Pol on approach, heavy attack, reverb, jab and execute is usually all it takes to kill 1 person.

Meditate, repentance, and heavy attacks will be more than enough for sustain.

Or use dual weild and bow with torugs cause enchants are stupid powerful right now.

Hmm, interesting. One of the psijic passives offers major protection while you channel a psijic skill + meditate offers decent heals. Pop an immov pot, fire up rune, hit meditate, run troll king + 7th legion and you are good to go. Thanks for the tip Broseph.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ This is the great advice.

To add

Treat vigor as a sorc shield. So you may have to flip to your backbar to keep it up. I attempt to put it up before running in.

Are you using pots? What sets?

Also, if you do dodge roll, try to vigor (HOT) dodge roll, rally. This is because vigor is a heal over time. You will get an extra heal tick during your roll (in which you are undamged). Rally gains strength over time, that is why you hit it after the roll. It may take practice

As he stated, templar also has purge which is super strong ability.
    I never thougt about that, tnx :)
    Btw is there a stam morph on the cleanse ability? Or magicka only? In that case maybe i should run tri glyphs on everything?
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Longtime solo stamplar PvP player, i personaly like to run medium over heavy for stamplar. A big part of playing medium in PvP is being proactive not reactive. You have to dodge, block and mitigate incoming attacks before they smack you down hard. This makes it very high risk high reward.

Do to this i prefer to build very high damage and regen in med, (5 sword singer 5 gryphon 2 slimecraw) if your on your toes you can deal massive amounts of damage and easily heal away what you cant mitigate/avoid. Finaly the monement speed makes a huge difference for solo pvp survival. Positioning is very important wheb outnumbered.

I think medium takes allot of practice for solo PvP but after the hard work it will be much more rewarding and even better then heavy can be.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another minor observation about medium gameplay. Learn which skills are dodgeable and which aren't. And don't reflectively dodge once you are low on health and your opponent is using DW. You just turn yourself into fresh meat for their Steel Tornado grinder. Block the damn thing.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Another minor observation about medium gameplay. Learn which skills are dodgeable and which aren't. And don't reflectively dodge once you are low on health and your opponent is using DW. You just turn yourself into fresh meat for their Steel Tornado grinder. Block the damn thing.

lol u caught me, i Always Dodge roll from spin2win xD tnx i Will practice getting used to blocking it from now :D
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

lol u caught me, i Always Dodge roll from spin2win xD tnx i Will practice getting used to blocking it from now :D

I tend to catch a lot of rolly polly nightblades in BGs this way ;)