Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Front bar weapons disappearing (visual bug)

MythikShadow
MythikShadow
✭✭
When going through a wayshrine or into delves, etc.. weapons on the front bar will disappear. This doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough to notice. Unequipping the weapon and reslotting it fixes the issue. This is just a visual bug as the weapons function properly even when you can't see them.
  • crimeanerevar928b14_ESO
    I've had something similar to this, and it has thrown me off-guard while doing trials (such as vMA) because I use the graphical cue of seeing what weapon is equipped -- sometimes my front-bar weapon will appear in the same style as my backbar (IE, my spinner's lightning staff looks suddenly like my vMA lightning). It usually happens with Maelstrom weapons, it seems. It doesn't seem to be an issue with outfits, as it has happened even when I don't have an outfit.

I've also had a strange issue where my backbar weapon appears under my feet when I switch to dual-wield. (It's pretty amusing, though!) Here's a picture: https://s22.postimg.cc/imdxh0e35/bowboarding.png
    Edited by crimeanerevar928b14_ESO on August 20, 2018 4:20PM
    @dreamsleever in-game and on Twitch
    810+, PC-NA user
    400+, PC-EU user

Jabs-Like-Jagger - Imperial StamPlar, Flawless Conqueror & Grand Master Crafter
    That Deekay Execute - Breton MagDK, Flawless Conqueror
    Firstmage Overcharger - Altmer MagSorc, Flawless Conqueror
    Drea-M'Athra - Khajiit Thief Nightblade
    Mythik Dreams - Redguard StamSorc, Flawless Conqueror
    Sievan Velothan - Breton MagBlade, Flawless Conqueror
    Tanks-for-Synergies - Nord DK Tank
    Anyameril - Altmer Templar Tank (former DPS/Healer), Bringer of Light
    The Celestial Serpent - Orc StamPlar, Flawless Conqueror
    The Celestial Warrior - Redguard StamDK, Flawless Conqueror
    Rip the Dream - Breton MagDen, Flawless Conqueror
    Shalks for the Win - Nord Warden Tank
    Blames the Healer - Breton Magplar (former healer), Flawless Conqueror
    Voriak Solkyn - Breton MagNecro
    Necrotik Dreamz - Orc StamNecro
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it happens alot on my lowbie new werewolf, and only on my 2hander where I have to take my weapon off, and put it on again to be able to see it, dont know if it has anything to the rework of werewolf, its the same skill bar where my ww ulitmate is also

looks weird visuel :) my hands are still in the positions where they hold the 2hander, but 2hander is invisible :D
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it all the time. Pretty frustrating. I get it in combat or when the weapons/shield is suppose to be on the back of the toon when not in use. First person or third person it doesn't matter.

Was going to make a thread on this but I saw this. I hope it's proper to post in here saying I have it as well.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • bwc.maneke_ESO
    I have experienced this as well, Typically when using the "OutFit Station" after applying new models/looks or colors to gear the gear starts disappearing after weapon swapping or one set will stop showing up.

Please ESO Fix this.
    Now watch while i cast this incredibly powerful and fantastically impressive spell!!! -Vanus (The IDAF, do you even lift bro) Galerion
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the reports, all. We're aware and working on getting this fixed (for what it's worth, I ran into the same thing on my character last week).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports, all. We're aware and working on getting this fixed (for what it's worth, I ran into the same thing on my character last week).

Bump.
    Still have this bug, very often. Like most of the time after changing location (entering dungeon, using shrines, teleporting to someone etc).
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is till a problem. DW stamblade has had one or both weapons disappear over the last couple of days. I must say, it's actually more offputting than you'd think!

X-NA
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI, this is also an issue with the undaunted weapon packs in the crown store in the preview. For one-handed weapons and shields, the character goes into a default unarmed pose and lets the weapon/shield clip through the character's head, and it shows my equipped staff(the outfit style anyway) under my character on the floor.

Both seem tied together.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 13, 2018 2:37AM
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    This only happens to me on my nightblade, and i notice it more when i am stamina based. not sure if there is a connection.

also as magicka , my staff will drag between my legs on the ground as my other bar is active. again nightblade.

when i play the other characters , this does not happen at all.

• Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the same thing when i installed Dual Sheath Redux mod incorrectly on my Skyrim.

Now i see, that ESO also have some Java in it.xD
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • woosinator2008
    Glad to know this isn't just me
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    I have not seen this on my own weapons. But I see other player's running around with bare hands in boxing pose, but with weapon abilities firing off.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only the 2 hander that still does it on my chars, anoyin as hell
  • bazooka2016
    My weapon in front slot keeps disapperaing in the middle of delve/dungeon fights and leaves me boxing with my fists. I'm on the PC. It is getting so I can hardly get through a fight without my weapon going away. Anybody had this problem?
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    Am I necro-ing a thread? Well, damn it! I'm going to because the bug is happening to me ALL the time. Front bar weapons are disappearing and its so very irksome to see the back bar weapon dragging around at my character's feet.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I necro-ing a thread? Well, damn it! I'm going to because the bug is happening to me ALL the time. Front bar weapons are disappearing and its so very irksome to see the back bar weapon dragging around at my character's feet.

In PvP this can be brutal
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. Horrible In PvP. If you can’t see your weapons good luck envisioning your attacks. Fix is long overdue.
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Bump.
    Still very irritating.
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    This is still happening...p088c67ir1eq.png
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I'm lefting a replay to follow this thread. Also I posted 3 images of the same problem on: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431331/weapon-visual-bug-invisible-or-wrong-weapon#latest
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    OH BTW, It is easy to quick fix it temporarily, go to the characters page, change Outift and 'leave that page', otherwise it dont fix.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been two months and this bug has not been solved yet.
    Please, make it a priority one because it is very annoying.
    Every time I change zone or enter a dungeon I have to take off and re-equip my sword.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happened about 2 ~ 3 months , well ... I won't check what weapon I'm using , I just look at the skill bar .

I don't think it could be fixed because It takes forever .

Combat team , good job .
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes had the issue last night, EU-pc, stamsorc, fighting Kung-Fu-Style
    martial-arts for ESO ;)
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Over two months now and the bug still happens every day. I guess there's little hope for a fix as it's now after Murkmire's release?
    Edited by TheCyberDruid on October 30, 2018 10:02AM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "lost" a dagger last night. the bug is going strong
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    This happens far too frequently, and since my healer has a restro bar and a destro bar, seeing which staff is equipped can be the difference between life and death for my team members. So goodbye getting no death achieves when I can't accurately see which bar I'm on.
  • Ar4i
    Ar4i
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm it happens to me everyday with my primary bar which is DW, never happened to my 2nd. To fix it I have to unequip or swap weapons from the inventory which causes them to visually appear again in my char hands. The easiest way to trigger this is to join a group dungeon - you start the fight bareheaded!
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I hope this helps to find where is the problem, I just noticed that I was with this issue on my front bar, the sword was appearing but the shield no, then I went to a blacksmith station and it removed my helmet, then when I left the station my helmet come back (usual stuff) but then the issue was fixed too, my shield was appearing again.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've swapped my weapons between the two bars, now it is happens every time on the second bar.
    For me the the problem seems to be with the one handed + shield, no problem with the two-handed