Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"All About Mechanics" - Dungeon/Trial/Arena Guide Series!

• scholar666
    scholar666
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for doing this!. The white gold tower guide helped us in dealing with the planar inhibitor better, our old method used to result in someone dying always, hahaha. Looking forward to more videos :)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    scholar666 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for doing this!. The white gold tower guide helped us in dealing with the planar inhibitor better, our old method used to result in someone dying always, hahaha. Looking forward to more videos :)

no problem at all , glad it was useful and well done on the completion!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    Keep them coming. They're awesome, the way you explain them makes it easy to digest. When you're done with the dungeon series do you ever intend to do trials?

Lets get the series completed, i don't always explain my future plans hehe. Thank you though for watching and i am very happy these are helpful! :)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this series, has used for reference multiple times.
    only tips for improvements would be link or markers to bosses if your stuck on one.

Especially useful as I just started tanking and tank must be aware of more mechanics.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »
    Next episode of "All about mechanics" Is Fungal Grotto I Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHCjVhqDvI&t=2s

This is very helpful, thank you! Especially during the event :smile:
    Edited by Zatox on December 3, 2018 8:19PM
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Zatox wrote: »
    xynode wrote: »
    Next episode of "All about mechanics" Is Fungal Grotto I Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHCjVhqDvI&t=2s

This is very helpful, thank you! Especially during the event :smile:

"LFM random norm, port to FGI"
    vFG1 HM
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    this is really a great series! thanks a ton for all the hard work producing it.

I've subscribed to your channel, and have been reviewing all the dungeons.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rumba1 wrote: »
    this is really a great series! thanks a ton for all the hard work producing it.

I've subscribed to your channel, and have been reviewing all the dungeons.

Thank you very much indeed! More are coming and the guides are almost ready on the website too, just been very busy over xmas :)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another All About Mechanics Dungeon guide!

This time we are in Veteran Cradle Of Shadows!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRrL40vVn8Q

Enjoy!!
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭
    nice work. have subbed. thanks!
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another Episode of All About Mechanics!

This time Falkreath HOLD!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCzikSum7x8

Note: Yes i am aware that there are strict % of health in which some of the mechanics hit on Domihaus BUT depending on your damage these can overlap somewhat so explained as best as possible as to pay attention to what happened IN the video. All specifics if any required for other situations will of course be explained in more detail in the written guide coming SOON! ;)

ENJOY!!
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do a good job explaining the dungeons. Keep it up!

For your Cradle of Shadows one, there's an even easier way to do Dranos. If tank is DK, have group stay by the door the whole time. Tank can move to essences and chain them in and Dranos will absorb them, when done, tank moves back to group by the door. I don't think the statues damage reach all the way to the door.
    Edited by pelle412 on January 11, 2019 4:37PM
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    You do a good job explaining the dungeons. Keep it up!

For your Cradle of Shadows one, there's an even easier way to do Dranos. If tank is DK, have group stay by the door the whole time. Tank can move to essences and chain them in and Dranos will absorb them, when done, tank moves back to group by the door. I don't think the statues damage reach all the way to the door.

Very true, the damage does reach to the door but it’s easier to avoid. I wonder who first found that method......🤔....🙂
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another "All About Mechanics" Dungeon guide! ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ztZvtd77Mw
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    Very true, the damage does reach to the door but it’s easier to avoid. I wonder who first found that method......🤔....🙂

If you read the achievements it actually hints this.

There is an achievement for never killing them. Only way to get this is to train the boss.
    Edited by karekiz on January 22, 2019 6:44PM
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    And another one! This time a guide on FANG LAIR! More to come in the next couple of weeks or so!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z0W5rS-lDU
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another Episode of All About Mechanics!

This time Scalecaller Peak! ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-0bx6SUxIo&t=995s
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love these. They have helped me a lot.

Great work dude.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    i haven't finished them all yet but wow so much work and so awesome! I've been running Dungeons for a while and this series was still extremely informative and helpful. TYVM!
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • gliant
    gliant
    no,it s ALL ABOUT DPS
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    March Of Sacrifices All About Mechanics dungeon guide!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxLgJyIUPmk&t=965s&list=PL8AZn0Ie30d4d35rT1YhmcHuyfhLHsii7&index=2

Written guide coming soon!
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another quality video, keep em coming ninja. *thumbs up*
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For MHK:

Ignore the stranglers. Unlike the other stranglers in Wolfhunter, these don't CC anyone and they serve only as a source of mild ambient damage. There's no point in wasting your damage on them (unless you're going for Strangling Cowardice) because they revive almost immediately. They activate whenever someone is nearby and go dormant when that person leaves their range. Their damage is so low that they are not really a threat to anyone and certainly not to the tank.

The "leap" that you mention with the large wolves. This is a mechanic that happens on a timer. About every 30s, the wolf that the tank has taunted will grow restless and become untauntable, and the other wolf will do an AoE pounce that must be rolled, and after this happens, the tank will have to switch taunt to the other wolf since the wolf the tank had been holding is, again, untauntable for a period if time. This mechanic is avoided if one of the wolves is made to cower before 30s.

Finally, I do not recommend killing the wolves again at the end. The wolves reactivate and they are unchained at 20%. At this point, they have more health than the boss does (boss has just 1.2m health and will be subject to execute damage bonuses, whereas the wolves will have about 1.7m health combined), so just have the tank taunt both (which is possible when they are unchained) and just kill the boss. Basically, once boss reaches 25%, kill the final wave of adds that spawn at 25%, and be careful not to push the boss to 20% while doing so. Once that final wave of adds are dead, take a moment to rez/recover/etc., and then tab target the boss, drop ults, and burn straight to 0.
    Edited by code65536 on March 27, 2019 12:18AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    woo a new one! Super sweet.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    For MHK:

Ignore the stranglers. Unlike the other stranglers in Wolfhunter, these don't CC anyone and they serve only as a source of mild ambient damage. There's no point in wasting your damage on them (unless you're going for Strangling Cowardice) because they revive almost immediately. They activate whenever someone is nearby and go dormant when that person leaves their range. Their damage is so low that they are not really a threat to anyone and certainly not to the tank.

The "leap" that you mention with the large wolves. This is a mechanic that happens on a timer. About every 30s, the wolf that the tank has taunted will grow restless and become untauntable, and the other wolf will do an AoE pounce that must be rolled, and after this happens, the tank will have to switch taunt to the other wolf since the wolf the tank had been holding is, again, untauntable for a period if time. This mechanic is avoided if one of the wolves is made to cower before 30s.

Finally, I do not recommend killing the wolves again at the end. The wolves reactivate and they are unchained at 20%. At this point, they have more health than the boss does (boss has just 1.2m health and will be subject to execute damage bonuses, whereas the wolves will have about 1.7m health combined), so just have the tank taunt both (which is possible when they are unchained) and just kill the boss. Basically, once boss reaches 25%, kill the final wave of adds that spawn at 25%, and be careful not to push the boss to 20% while doing so. Once that final wave of adds are dead, take a moment to rez/recover/etc., and then tab target the boss, drop ults, and burn straight to 0.

This Is the part I where point you to the written guide I spent all day creating. Not only linked in the description of the video but ALSO linked in the post on THIS page ;)

However thank you for sharing :)
    Edited by xynode on March 27, 2019 10:20PM
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    For MHK:

By the way, I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but most of the time water is wet.

Also, it turns out that the moon is not made of green cheese.

I’ll post more salient observations as I think of them.

No need to than me.

YOU’RE WELCOME, CITIZEN.
    Edited by mikemacon on March 27, 2019 10:45PM
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almost forgot to post this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS4-WfimNQI&t=889s

Depths of Malatar guide.

Written guide will be released very soon hopefully this week. And any more complex mechanics of things that were not easy to see during the fights WILL of course be in the written guide!

Enjoy!