Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe got the wrecking blow treatment

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LUL time to play an aim trainer :joy:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I like this! So you actually have to use eye joystic or mouse coordination not just spam 3 to 4 Snipes while looking at the sky lol I hope this is intended so snipers have some sort of engagement :D bc just pressing one button land as many as you can even when your opponent just tried to outplay you by Los it's kinda of ridiculous...(edit) Wrecking blow yeah that one you actually have to engage in combat taking guarantee damage so it needs a buff imo better targeting... But not snipe lol not with the evasion changes on med.
    Edited by Arkangeloski on October 28, 2018 9:19PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dumb bug and change. Also i'm laughing at the amount of people who are like "This is great news" while they run around in their 20 man zergs.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    This is a dumb bug and change. Also i'm laughing at the amount of people who are like "This is great news" while they run around in their 20 man zergs.
    20man is a zerg? What campaign do you paly in. PC/NA Vivec a zerg is 48-60 people.

Probably 90% of people running snipe builds are hiding in much larger groups than that. I know of very few players that run bow builds that are actually decent in 1v1 fights.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20man is a zerg? What campaign do you paly in. PC/NA Vivec a zerg is 48-60 people.

Probably 90% of people running snipe builds are hiding in much larger groups than that. I know of very few players that run bow builds that are actually decent in 1v1 fights.

A. PC/NA Vivec, and yes i know there are bigger zergs
    B. Possibly, but consider that the two highest RP earners the previous campaign were a DUO of Snipers
    C. I mean what are you saying? Are you saying that Bow users are terrible 1v1 players or that bow users suck because in a 1v1 they snipe you down before you can react? Because Bow is not a great actual 1v1 build in actual like person can see you type pvp..you pretty much have to get an opening on the target for it to work. Even then if you don't outright kill someone with the setup you're probably going to lose because its not overpowered like a Stamblade brawler or a StamDen.....
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe needs a nerf for sure..

But this is a bug. The only way they could leave this as-is would require them to fix tab-targeting/

At present anybody walking in front of you at any point in the channel would break the snipe.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank God. Snipe was the most cancerous thing ever
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So glad snipe is now useless.
    Edited by frostz417 on October 29, 2018 10:58AM
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I like this! So you actually have to use eye joystic or mouse coordination not just spam 3 to 4 Snipes while looking at the sky lol I hope this is intended so snipers have some sort of engagement :D bc just pressing one button land as many as you can even when your opponent just tried to outplay you by Los it's kinda of ridiculous...(edit) Wrecking blow yeah that one you actually have to engage in combat taking guarantee damage so it needs a buff imo better targeting... But not snipe lol not with the evasion changes on med.

Imagine if you always had to keep a target in your reticule for your jesus beam you friggin ogre
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no! Snipe requires the tiniest bit of skill to land now. ESO PvP is ruined.
    "Rock is too OP, please nerf"
    Sincerely, Scissors.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭

Bow builds have to completely rely on maximising damage. They are typically in all medium gear/divines with bugger all resistances or impen. They are not duelists as a result but there are a few. Get any in melee range and they will melt. The vast majority of their targets will be in heavy armour/impen. Most Bow builds cannot go toe to toe with that but I'm sure you know this already. They certainly have a needed place to fill though.

Most players are melee based and as such they have much dislike to ranged players. The old 2 finger salute originates from English Longbowmen. When the French captured them in medievil times they used to cut off their 2 fingers they used for drawing arrows because they were hated so much. Since that, when the English bowmen lined up for battle, they would raise their 2 fingers to show the French they are about to eat arrows!
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »

Bow builds have to completely rely on maximising damage.

So bow builds don't have to build for survivability, sustain, or mobility? Sounds balanced.
    Most Bow builds cannot go toe to toe with that but I'm sure you know this already.

Because they don't build survivability, sustain, or mobility LIKE EVERY OTHER BUILD IN PVP. So it begs the question...how do they survive? Ganking people from sneak or hiding behind those heavy armor melee builds. Either way, your two finger salute will be met with a single finger salute and zero respect.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I luv my Snipe/DW bleed build :blush:
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    mojomood wrote: »

Bow builds have to completely rely on maximising damage.

So bow builds don't have to build for survivability, sustain, or mobility? Sounds balanced.
    Most Bow builds cannot go toe to toe with that but I'm sure you know this already.

Because they don't build survivability, sustain, or mobility LIKE EVERY OTHER BUILD IN PVP. So it begs the question...how do they survive? Ganking people from sneak or hiding behind those heavy armor melee builds. Either way, your two finger salute will be met with a single finger salute and zero respect.

You completely miss my point and took things personally for some reason, whoever you are. My point is to make a bow build any way viable at all is to go the gank route. It literally has one skill that must be maximised for damage to get anything decent out of it. That skill is telegraphed, channelled and can be dodged blocked and reflected. There are no other viable routes to implement bow as a main bar weapon. The bugs associated with it should be fixed (multiple hits appear to land at the same time etc.,). Thats not the bow players fault, that's all on the devs programming or the server hardware side.

I challenge you to make a bow build and play it for a week. You'll see how actually weak they are and just maybe change your mind on nerfing them even further. Most heavy armour melee builds i see "hide" in groups of other heavy armour melee builds, so it's a moot point saying bow users hide behind them. Bow users should be on the fringes not in the group, that's kind of their point of being ranged.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snipe needs a buff to both damage AND speed.

Let me guess. 40k tooltip and instant cast?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Let me guess. 40k tooltip and instant cast?

80k tooltip, automatic cast.

-Yours sincerely, a certain paleontologist of all things Dwemer
    Edited by TheYKcid on October 29, 2018 9:46AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? This is actually wonderful news!

no it's not Good News.
    and this glitch / bugg / brocken mechanic needs to be fixed.

Aliyavana wrote: »

why should a 40 meter ability do as much damage as dizzying swing?

Why should dizzying swing do as much damage as snipe?
    Why does dizzying swing have a 7m range (23 feet)?

It's monday, all the trolls leaving their caves to write stupid stuff on the forums.
    Should they buff bow light attacks aswell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZYBOE_ijZs
    Edited by DivineFirstYOLO on October 29, 2018 11:10AM
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

Bow builds have to completely rely on maximising damage. They are typically in all medium gear/divines with bugger all resistances or impen. They are not duelists as a result but there are a few. Get any in melee range and they will melt. The vast majority of their targets will be in heavy armour/impen. Most Bow builds cannot go toe to toe with that but I'm sure you know this already. They certainly have a needed place to fill though.

Most players are melee based and as such they have much dislike to ranged players. The old 2 finger salute originates from English Longbowmen. When the French captured them in medievil times they used to cut off their 2 fingers they used for drawing arrows because they were hated so much. Since that, when the English bowmen lined up for battle, they would raise their 2 fingers to show the French they are about to eat arrows!

Thank you for that historical reference. Back in my early days playing Age of Empires 2 (and still to this day when I play the occasional game), British Longbowmen were my stuff. haha! Man, the memories!
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope this gets looked into and fixed, especially the snipe fixed.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4.2.6. has a fix. Unfortunately.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patch note:
    "Fixed an issue where single-target cast time abilities, such as Uppercut or Dark Flare, would cancel the cast immediately if you did not keep your target within your reticle during the entire cast time.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler
    We never intended to change single-target cast time abilities in this way; this was caused from an unrelated bug fix in the previous patch."

• ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no it's not Good News.

those of us whom are range builds are just as good as the other builds.
    we do damage at range and from a distance, range builds are viable and not only needed but also an entire skill line given to us called "bow"

quite often we see people insulting and degrading our bow abilities needlessly.
    but the fact of the matter remains that bow is essential and viable.

i prefer being able to directly target an enemy instead of being forced to hit multiple enemies that got in my line of sight.

i wish we had a better targeting system that allows me to be more specific and consistent in whom i attack.

when i make an attempt to snipe it is either slowed down incredibly or it is only taken half way and then stopped because the target moved while i was in the middle of the animation.
    i hope that is changed to at-least allow us bow and range builds to have a chance to hit the targets that we are aiming at and also allow us to inflict damage as often and as quickly as hand to hand and upclose builds are able to.

Bro you're delusional. Ranged builds is eso are just pure cancer. You guys dont fight, you just hide and ruin actual fights.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

no it's not Good News.

those of us whom are range builds are just as good as the other builds.
    we do damage at range and from a distance, range builds are viable and not only needed but also an entire skill line given to us called "bow"

quite often we see people insulting and degrading our bow abilities needlessly.
    but the fact of the matter remains that bow is essential and viable.

i prefer being able to directly target an enemy instead of being forced to hit multiple enemies that got in my line of sight.

i wish we had a better targeting system that allows me to be more specific and consistent in whom i attack.

when i make an attempt to snipe it is either slowed down incredibly or it is only taken half way and then stopped because the target moved while i was in the middle of the animation.
    i hope that is changed to at-least allow us bow and range builds to have a chance to hit the targets that we are aiming at and also allow us to inflict damage as often and as quickly as hand to hand and upclose builds are able to.

why should a 40 meter ability do as much damage as dizzying swing?

Why should dizzying swing do as much damage as snipe?
    Why does dizzying swing have a 7m range (23 feet)?

I mean that 2 hander is probably that long right ? I mean.... 7m is a standard length for a 2h sword.....
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipe does enough damage. It does not need a damage increase. I have noticed the wonky targeting on my snipe gank toon. Your 100 Ft away..it's fine. There should be some measure of difficulty involved.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭

A. PC/NA Vivec, and yes i know there are bigger zergs
    B. Possibly, but consider that the two highest RP earners the previous campaign were a DUO of Snipers
    C. I mean what are you saying? Are you saying that Bow users are terrible 1v1 players or that bow users suck because in a 1v1 they snipe you down before you can react? Because Bow is not a great actual 1v1 build in actual like person can see you type pvp..you pretty much have to get an opening on the target for it to work. Even then if you don't outright kill someone with the setup you're probably going to lose because its not overpowered like a Stamblade brawler or a StamDen.....

It has it's upside and it has its downside. As it should be. So you are basically agreeing with the guys quote. He said that bow gankers were usually not good in a 1 v 1. You agreed. I agree. I think the whole world will agree. Snipe this patch has enough damage to burst people down that are not expecting it. Good playstyle. If you find them and they are not a NB they are dead.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip snipe taking skill to land
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the truth is, that it does take skill and work to be a bow main and use bow in PvP.

Edited by Gilvoth on October 29, 2018 5:37PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix this bug before we get the update on console if i cant use the only attack that does decent damage with my bow i'm seriously done with this game we better not have to wait months for snipe to get fixed either if you guys break it with the next update on console you guys *** up poison injection and we had to wait months for a fix on console this better not be the same way
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 29, 2018 5:46PM